• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars - Kickstarter live, 5 days left

Tu101uk

They just published an update with extra reward tiers for $500, $800 and $10.000 (10K lets you design aa stage) and some revisions to the older tiers. (think they added beta access):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1936261
Not just beta and BBS access, but all the ones with the Steam key get the DLC characters included too!

The value of this project is getting better and better now, no better time to jump into this awesome game! ;3

shaowebb

Beta access? Hell yeah. Can't wait for that. Especially with us able to communicate things we find involving the new arcana to balance.

BiggNife

Shark Girl is cool, Dark Heart is fine

Omega's design is honestly kind of gross

Like jesus christ at least give her SOMETHING to cover her private parts

thundr51

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd we have to hit a stretch goal for balancing?

Granted, it'll be needed if they add Parace, but still.

Either way, can't wait for the beta to hit. Already starting relearning Nazuna. Hopefully she won't be garbage tier after this.

Anybody know if AH3 is going to be streamed at evo? Looks like it'll be there but so far nobody streaming.

ArjanN

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd we have to hit a stretch goal for balancing?

Granted, it'll be needed if they add Parace, but still.

Either way, can't wait for the beta to hit. Already starting relearning Nazuna. Hopefully she won't be garbage tier after this.

Anybody know if AH3 is going to be streamed at evo? Looks like it'll be there but so far nobody streaming.

Anime EVO stream schedule:

12_evostream02.jpg

jjasso21

I'm glad it's doing so well. I may not be that good in the game, but I enjoy it. People always seem to think if a fighting game isn't AAA, it's trash. I'll definitely back this.

shaowebb

Almost 160 now. Paracelsia is pretty well a lock so hurray! New Arcana and balancing in the beta just about guaranteed. Can't wait to see what Paracelsia has for specials and supers as an arcana. I bet she has healing stuff as passives or as an extend force. Almost a given since she's the Arcana of Life.

Man I hope we get some of those new characters. The lull in their announcement may have stunted this but theres still time. I think we can get Shark girl. I have no idea what Dark Heart's Arcana could be built around for tools though so I'd really like to see this reach that goal. New Arcanas do crazy things to the roster.

Blu(e)

Hit 170k. I would love to get all three characters but just getting Shark Girl might be difficult. They might have to add more incentive for the money to roll in.

This is the first kickstarter I've been following so I don't know how much of a push will the community give during the final days.

ArjanN

Hit 170k. I would love to get all three characters but just getting Shark Girl might be difficult. They might have to add more incentive for the money to roll in.

This is the first kickstarter I've been following so I don't know how much of a push will the community give during the final days.

Usually it's a parabola shape where most of the money is made at the start and the end with a big lull in the middle, this kickstarter is a bit unusual though in that the number of backers is low but the funding per backer is high.

shaowebb

171k! Woo! We got a new Arcana now. Thats a pretty dramatic game changer unto itself since it affects every character's movesets and matchups.

Hope we see some of those new character ideas make it in. This is pretty great so far.

Uraizen

Banned
Was hoping by some miracle we could make it to Dark Heart at the momentum we were going, but that doesn't seem possible now.

Shark Girl should be in range of the final surge, but I would be surprised if this campaign went much further. Certainly, I think $500k ain't happening.

ArjanN

rectangle_large_aae627dc5e1e4d3c817a7bd95b613eb4.jpg

Looks like Koji Takaya is doing some sort discussion with Toshinobu Kondo (who's making Blade Strangers, the fighting game with characters from Cave Story/Code of Princess/Umihara Kawase)

Wonder if they have a crossover character from Examu.

shaowebb

rectangle_large_aae627dc5e1e4d3c817a7bd95b613eb4.jpg

Looks like Koji Takaya is doing some sort discussion with Toshinobu Kondo (who's making Blade Strangers, the fighting game with characters from Cave Story/Code of Princess/Umihara Kawase)

Wonder if they have a crossover character from Examu.

That'd be nice. Blade Strangers right now is dominated by Code of Princess faces. It could use more franchises involved.

shaowebb

Update: Examu is doing an AMA on Reddit on July 29th, 2017, 10:00AM(JST), which is 28th, 09:00PM for East Coast US and 02:00AM for those in the UK:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1945844

Also, the kickstarter is at $192,628 now.

Whoa...now its up past $193000!
We got 7 days yet and the final push usually shows a lot of increase on these things. We may not be out of the running yet for Shark Girl!

Can't wait for the AMA. I'd like to ask about which characters from other fighting games influenced the creation of certain moves or arcana attacks in the series.

Blu(e)

Examu Updated their FAQ concerning GGPO:

Will an alternative net code like GGPO be employed?
This main goal of this project is for this latest version port and the addition of new characters. Upon that, for the following reasons there are no planned changes to the online environment.

Currently, we are scheduling to base the net code on Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! which is already available on Steam. To change the net code at this point would put us in a situation where we would need to remodel not only the match environment, but the entire network environment as well. This would cost an exorbitant amount both in terms of money and time. There is also the worrisome possibility that if another net code was employed, play records would all reset. Considering also Arcana Heart's game play (heavy on combos upon hit detection), we have decided that GGPO is not suited to this style of play. And as a title that enjoys a fair number of plays in Japan, and we cannot say that GGPO is suited to this match environment here.

Having fully considered the scenario, these along with other factors have led us to the conclusion that the risk would be too high to employ a different net node, GGPO or otherwise.

We are well aware that optimized online play is of vital importance, and will continue researching GGPO and other strategies so players the world over can have a pleasant match experience.

Blu(e)

Could be worse, at least that netcode is playable.

Maybe they can look into rollback for Daemon Bride.

Is GGPO or a rollback netcode really considered the best solution/option? Comparing a rollback netcode vs non rollback, when the connection is good it seems to be very playable in both scenarios, at least to me.

When the connection is bad or just goes south for some reason, I much prefer the game slowing down or pausing than the teleporting/popping (Note: I also got these kinds of games in 3SOE and Skullgirls) that seems to happen in a rollback netcode setting. At the very least with slowdowns or pause lag I can maybe adjust the timing but with the above it's luck.

This actually doesn't happen all the time obviously, it just when it does it's real frustrating. I'm all for it since it does seem to help people play other people a great distance away. I guess the positives outweigh the negative?

Uraizen

Banned
Is GGPO or a rollback netcode really considered the best solution/option? Comparing a rollback netcode vs non rollback, when the connection is good it seems to be very playable in both scenarios, at least to me.

When the connection is bad or just goes south for some reason, I much prefer the game slowing down or pausing than the teleporting/popping (Note: I also got these kinds of games in 3SOE and Skullgirls) that seems to happen in a rollback netcode setting. At the very least with slowdowns or pause lag I can maybe adjust the timing but with the above it's luck.

This actually doesn't happen all the time obviously, it just when it does it's real frustrating. I'm all for it since it does seem to help people play other people a great distance away. I guess the positives outweigh the negative?

The positives definitely outweigh the negatives for me. I can play with friends overseas in games that implement rollback like Skullgirls or Killer Instinct. With skullgirls I did have to increase the frame delay by 1, but then it was great. The same cannot be said about games that use delay based netcode for me. I have a much stronger chance of getting good games with rollback based netcode than delay based.

ArjanN

Yeah, I quoted the wrong person. I know it's unrealistic to hope for all three chars to be playable, but... nothing wrong with hoping.

Hey, I'd like to see them all too, maybe they can make the characters they don't reach eventually as DLC.

Blu(e)

What could've been. I would've been full on board instead of 3/4 on board.

Here was the AMA btw.

He expressed interest in Daemon Bride (maybe another kickstarter to bring it over?). Believes there's more to be done for tutorial but wants to focus on implementing new characters first.

He also mentions maybe looking for a partner to help fund development for the game in the case they don't reach the stretch goals. Wants to try and find additional funding after the Kickstarter.

Other than that didn't see any real interesting questions.

What could've been. I would've been full on board instead of 3/4 on board.

Here was the AMA btw.

He expressed interest in Daemon Bride (maybe another kickstarter to bring it over?). Believes there's more to be done for tutorial but wants to focus on implementing new characters first.

He also mentions maybe looking for a partner to help fund development for the game in the case they don't reach the stretch goals. Wants to try and find additional funding after the Kickstarter.

Other than that didn't see any real interesting questions.

a lot of what we all could have guessed, looks like

they'll probably try to make ah4 after they're done delivering this, and that's when we'll see the new characters included

Top Bottom