• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you going to buy any of Sega's games this year?

I'm probably grabbing Outrun 2, but otherwise I don't know.
I'll have to wait and see with Astro Boy. Blood Will Tell, wait and see too.
The other stuff is looking rather "meh".
Just wondering because there are so many polished and big name titles dropping this year.
Sega's looking like it'll get lost in the shuffle(again).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've already picked up a couple, and there are a couple more I intend to get too.

Link316

Banned
just Sonic Collection +
Phantasy Star and Sega Ages' by XS Games, does that count?

GBA Astro Boy - wait for price drop
PS2 Astro Boy - maybe, heard its not very good
Monkey Ball DX - gotta see what this is first

I might buckle down and get in on the Astro Boy action too, the GBA version at least, although unlike the many haters I've enjoyed practically everything Sonic Team has ever done so the PS2 version might be fun too(when it drops in price likely).

Andy787

Banned
Outrun 2, Astro Boy (GBA version), Otogi 2, PST, ESPN line. Shining Tears if it comes out, though I wouldn't count on it. Possibly some of their other titles when they drop price (Blood Will Tell, Astro Boy PS2, Altered Beast, Spikeout)

I do admit it is a very sad display from the company compared to what they've done previously, but I'm still holding out on the idea that they've moved the majority of their development on to the next gen consoles, and are just letting outside studios and Sonic Team take up their output until then, where they will blow us away with an amazing lineup next gen.

Yes, I am hideously blind.

:'(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Most of their selection doesn't interest me. I've played Outrun 2 to death in the arcade and the extra features aren't really calling me back to buy the console version. I might get Blood Will Tell, but I dont expect that much from it. I guess I could wait for price drop on that one. I'm also thinking about Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Super Monkey Ball DX, but I have to learn more about them first.

Considering the ultra high quality of the games coming out this Fall, Sega's lineup looks kinda lame.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
already imported gba astroboy, but i might buy the domestic as well. i'll definitely buy outrun 2, and probably otogi 2 as well. also mean to pick up either sonic mega collection plus or the old mega collection, depending on what the "plus" is and how the port turns out. would like to catch up on monkey ball 2 and nightshade eventually as well.

this has been an exceptionally weak year for sega, but i guess i'll still end up playing a bunch of their stuff.

Outrun 2, for sure.

I didn't even realize there was a Monkey Ball DX on the way. If it innovates on the first two, then I'll pick that up as well.

Shinobi

One of my most wanted games doesn't drop till early next year in Spikeout. Other then that I'm grabbing OutRun 2 and the sports games. Might get Sonic Heroes for cheap as well. Oh yeah, plan to import Virtua Racing at some point, and I might grab Decathlete as well if I find it cheap (or free) enough.

lordmrw

Phantasy Star Trilogy, even though I doubt its this year. I think thats about it. I have absolutely no interest in anything else they're putting out this year, aside from Altered Beast, and thats not even enough that I want to buy it.

You know, there's nothing that has me excited the way JSRF or Panzer Dragoon Orta did in past years, but blood will tell looks like it has potential.

ss_bloodwilltell_12.jpg

Also, I actually had fun with Sonic Heroes. Astro Boy for GBA should be nice.
Otogi will be...Otogi.

I'm just really let down that in the age of GTA that games like JSR, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue have not come back or evolved into other things which could compete in todays market.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I just bought NFL2K5 and I'll probably get Outrun 2 when it's cheap (Burnout 3 looks to have a lot more that would justify a $50 purchase). I'd get the VF2 Sega Ages if it were being released here.

Ill Saint

There is a really long Blood Will Tell trailer somewhere in the Sega.jp site. About 9 mins of gameplay, but the movie was tiny and streaming... still, it looked really, really nice, and with the potential to be a real gem.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
AniHawk said:
I think Phantasy Star Trilogy comes out this year... If it does, I'll get that.

PST now says Feburary in the system at work

FightyF

Banned
I'll be buying The Best Sports Game Ever(tm).

I'll also rent Astroboy PS2 for sure...and if the reviews are good for the GBA one, buy that.

In July I Bought NightShade for PS2

I Just Bout Sonic Heroes today ( July 31st) for the X-box ( I had Bought the PS2 version before i owned an X-box and i Traded it in today for credit)

I will buy Outrun2 for the X-box
Not Sega made but published, Otogi 2
I wll buy Sega Ages and Phantasy Star Trilogy if it is released this year.
Is Alter Beast for PS2 being released in 2004?
I will buy Monkey Ball DX
I will buy Spike out

Shinobi

Someone informed me earlier that Decathlete for PS2 not only includes the Saturn game, but Winter Heat and Athlete 2K as well. So that's now a must buy for me, since Winter Heat was one of the two or three Saturn games I regret not buying.

jarrod

Banned
Astro Boy GBA and maybe Mega Collection Plus. Next year I'll pick up Puyo PSP and maybe Sonic DS. I'm hoping Conspiracy bundle VF2 & Virtua Racing into a Sega Ages Collection next year also.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Astro Boy GBA (Treasure!) but the console version hasn't sounded so hot (that's Sega development, right?)

I'll buy their baseball game probably.

Outrun 2 for sure.

If the Phantasy Star Trilogy hits, that's for sure too.

jarrod

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
Astro Boy GBA (Treasure!) but the console version hasn't sounded so hot (that's Sega development, right?).
Started by UGA and finished by Sonic Team/Naka. :/

As long as we're talking about hypotheticals, I would shell out teh monies for the following:

JSRF 2
Ferrari 360/420 Challenge
True PSO sequel
Panzer Dragoon 4

Soul4ger

I definitely will. I bought Puyo Pop Fever, and I'll get a bunch of their forthcoming stuff. The AstroBoys, Amazing Island, PSOEI&II+, OutRun 2, GunGrave OverDose... OTOGI 2, if that counts. Etc., etc.

And Conspiracy's site says Phantasy Star Trilogy is coming NEXT YEAR.

jarrod

Banned
Socreges said:
What does Sega have planned for 2005 that we know of?
Well, confirmed so far...

-Altered Beast (PS2)
-Puyo Pop Fever (PSP)
-Sonic DS (DS)
-SpikeOut: Battle Street (XB)
-Virtua Quest (GC/PS2)

...and probably...

-ESPN 2K6 Series (PS2/XB)
-Phantasy Star Universe (multi)
-Sakura Taisen USA (PS2)
-Shining Force IV (PS2)
-Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned (PS2)
-Virtua Striker 4 (GC/PS2)
-lots of PSP/DS/Xenon games

...already looking better than this year imo.

jarrod

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Isn't VQ a game for this year?

Otherwise you're list is spot on, as usual. ;)
Nope, delayed until Jan 2005 for some reason... maybe SoA thinks it'll get a nice boost from the post holidays like Sonic Heroes did this year?

Fularu

Banned
Mhh let me see...

This year I already bought PSO III and Shining Force gba... I also bought SoA:L Billy Hatcher Sonic Collection

Still got to buy Astro Boy, both gungrave games, kunoichi and bwt

jett

D-Member
Well, I bought Sonic Heroes earlier this year, which is shit. I'm not buying any other Sega game this year(not because of SH, but because I'm not interested in any game Sega has announced).

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Winter Heat added a lot of variety and was fun, but I still prefered the straightforwardness of Decathlete. I had a save file from Decathlete with some almost-untouchable records built up from competition with fellow Net Linkers: we'd pass the file around and try to one-up each other over and over... no turbo button controllers allowed (records were so good even without them that turbo would actually be slower!)

Top Bottom