• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you going to buy any of Sega's games this year?

Shinobi

Lazy8s said:
Winter Heat added a lot of variety and was fun, but I still prefered the straightforwardness of Decathlete. I had a save file from Decathlete with some almost-untouchable records built up from competition with fellow Net Linkers: we'd pass the file around and try to one-up each other over and over... no turbo button controllers allowed (records were so good even without them that turbo would actually be slower!)

Heh, that's pretty cool. I prefer track and field to winter events by nature anyway, but I'd still like to play events like speed skating, bobsledding and slalom (especially with the cast of characters that Decathlete and Winter Heat features). I haven't played anything like that since Winter Games on the C64. As for Decathlete, it was simply the business on the Saturn...the controls requiring timing or pacing were logical, the visuals were simply stunning for the time, and the cast of characters were just cool as hell. I'd love to see Sega do a real update to these games at some point, but this is easily the next best thing.

nitewulf

outrun 2 definitely, blood will tell most likely, astroboy ps2 pending reviews, PS trilogy definitely and otogi 2 most likely.

segasonic

I can't believe nobody said:

pkg_855_big.jpg

Also: Outrun 2, Otogi 2, Blood Will Tell, SpikeOut Battle Street

And I already got Sonic Heroes and Puyo Pop Fever this year

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
segasonic said:
I can't believe nobody said:
pkg_855_big.jpg

It's awful, I'm afraid, although it's compellingly awful.

Sega SuperStars is worth the price of admission for the Samba De Amigo section alone; Blood Will Tell isn't coming out until 2005.

cvxfreak

jarrod said:
Nope, delayed until Jan 2005 for some reason... maybe SoA thinks it'll get a nice boost from the post holidays like Sonic Heroes did this year?

Yeah, probably. Sonic Heroes wasn't lost in the holiday shuffle so it sold extremely well.

SaitoH

Outrun 2
Bood will tell
Phantasy star collecion

Have to see what else is released.

Gungrave overdose is done by Red Company and being released here by mastiff.

^w^

fr4nz

I'm waiting for the next Toshihiro Nagoshi game. His presentation has been canceled the day before E3 .... i guess he'll do his presentation at the TGS ...

Shinobi

I was pretty sure that Spikeout wasn't due out till early next year, but I've seen a couple sites list fourth quarter as well. I think it'll miss Christmas though, which wouldn't be a bad thing for it considering how fucking loaded the fourth quarter is.

I've got MLB and NFL this year, but I don't anticipate getting anything else.

As for their Japanese made games, I'm afraid that I'm not interested in any them. I used to love the Sega proper made games but they haven't made anything of interest or quality in a while outside of VF4 and Panzer Orta (which I have but haven't played for some odd reason).

If Shining Force 4 comes out next year I'll be sure to get that. I'd also love a new Skies game w/ a revamped battle system.

Top Bottom