• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Finally saw the episode last night. Goddamn, Deathstroke is quickly becoming my favorite villain in anything DC. This show....this fucking show.

I haven't caught up on the Green Arrow since the new 52 relaunch, but this show is really tempting me to dig back in.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Maybe Thea will abscond with her biological father, learn the art of the bow, realize that her real family is actually back in Starling, and return to become Speedy.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Finally saw the episode last night. Goddamn, Deathstroke is quickly becoming my favorite villain in anything DC. This show....this fucking show.
I'm not too much of a DC guy, but I'm loving this incarnation. I wonder what actual DC fans think of TV Deathstroke.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Reddit gonna Reddit

IF Tara Strong plays the physical body of Harley Quinn, we have these to look forward to!

rgb8m2s.jpg

Ein Bear

I really wish they'd let Diggle do something. I wanted him to kick the shit out of lame-ass Roy when he got all mardy, not get taken down. Outside of the Suicide Squad episode, the poor guy just seems to exist to get his ass kicked.

They should have killed Roy off in his first appearance, and given Diggle the mirakuru plotline.

BFIB

I'm not too much of a DC guy, but I'm loving this incarnation. I wonder what actual DC fans think of TV Deathstroke.

He honestly was kind of a throwaway villain early on in Teen Titans. The new 52, they've moved him into a better role, and still are keeping some of his "anti-hero" vibe. He's feared among the DC elite at least now.

But this might be the best origin for him. I was hesistant with the Mirakuru at first, but I understand going this route, instead of basically making him a villain Captain America, which is what was done to him in the comics (experimental drugs on an Army guy).

Effect

As far as Deathstroke goes I've only ever heard praise regarding him in relation to two usages. Arrow and the Teen Titans cartoon. In the Teen Titans show while he's appears because he's a iconic villain for the group he's more of a foe for Robin who tries to turn him and sees in him a potential successor if I'm remembering correctly. I don't know how he's in the comics but in both the cartoon and Arrow he does a number on the characters and is truly menacing. He's actually terrifying in the cartoon and the only thing that stops it from going to far is because it's a kids show. The live action, more adult version of him is what we're seeing in Arrow I think.

I've mainly heard about what he did in the comics during the Teen Titans arc and really nothing else. That was more about his actions and not him as a character.

Never cared for him until the Teen Titans cartoon,
That made him one of my favorites.

Don't like that they stole him from better characters but considering Green Arrow doesn't have any good A or even B list villains they had to do it.
And in the end this interpretation is in my top probably 5 comic villains.

Just found out Manu Bennett and Katrina Law are going to be at Hartford Comic Con at the end of May. Tickets to con are cheap ($25 a day), but VIP tickets for an autograph and photo with them is over $200 and it includes a two day pass.

Tempted for the cheap tickets just to go and see them. $200+ to potentially shake the man's hand and absorb his manliness through osmosis is tempting.

Magwik

Banned
Just found out Manu Bennett and Katrina Law are going to be at Hartford Comic Con at the end of May. Tickets to con are cheap ($25 a day), but VIP tickets for an autograph and photo with them is over $200 and it includes a two day pass.

Tempted for the cheap tickets just to go and see them. $200+ to potentially shake the man's hand and absorb his manliness through osmosis is tempting.

and John Barrowman will be at MotorCity ComicCon.

Jonogunn

I'm not a fan of the mask. Too big and looks like a goalie mask.

Wish it was sleeker and not plastic looking.

But for tv budget it's perfectly fine

So far the only costume I can see transfer to the movie verse is arrow's.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I haven't caught up on the Green Arrow since the new 52 relaunch, but this show is really tempting me to dig back in.

Starts off kinda iffy, but the change in creative team at issue 17 has made it amazing. Pick up from there and don't stop.

Jonogunn

U would think after being in danger so many times and especially in her own apartment laurel wouldn't open the door so damn easily like she did.

I'm not a fan of the mask. Too big and looks like a goalie mask.

Wish it was sleeker and not plastic looking.

Problem is they want the Army of Two style ballistic mask(which is the best thing for Deathstroke) which is real and many actually have the mouth slits.
But because its a custom design with only one eye and a full helmet they had to make their own.
Since its a pretty cheap show and other factors(weight, etc) they could run a bunch in plastic versus one very expensive, very heavy metal helmet.

Mario007

Who actually has deathstroke as their main villain in the comics? I was always under the impression that he was a Batman villain first and foremost but that's probably wrong.

Also what other villains does Green Arrow apart from the Dark Archer? I would love to see some more direct villains to GA as opposed to relying on Deathstroke and Ra's.

Who actually has deathstroke as their main villain in the comics? I was always under the impression that he was a Batman villain first and foremost but that's probably wrong.
Teen Titans
Created for Teen Titans and is their most well known villain, he shows up a few rare times in Batman.

Was probably the best thing about the Teen Titans cartoon, though they weren't allowed to call him Deathstroke, only Slade.

ReiGun

Also what other villains does Green Arrow apart from the Dark Archer? I would love to see some more direct villains to GA as opposed to relying on Deathstroke and Ra's.
Deathstroke is the arch-enemy of the Teen Titans. He first appeared in New Teen Titans #2, and pretty much spent the 80's fighting (and failing to defeat) a bunch of teenagers before being promoted to general purpose villain status for the DCU.

GA's other main nemesis besides Merlin is Count Vertigo...and seeing as how he's dead...yeah, they'll probably be borrowing from around the universe for a while.

]He honestly was kind of a throwaway villain early on in Teen Titans[/B]. The new 52, they've moved him into a better role, and still are keeping some of his "anti-hero" vibe. He's feared among the DC elite at least now.

But this might be the best origin for him. I was hesistant with the Mirakuru at first, but I understand going this route, instead of basically making him a villain Captain America, which is what was done to him in the comics (experimental drugs on an Army guy).

his whole beginning was almost destroying the Teen Titans by having one of their own turn on them. before the New 52 he was sprinkled throughout the DC universe because he is of course a mercenary.

Mario007

Teen Titans
Created for Teen Titans and is their most well known villain, he shows up a few rare times in Batman.

Was probably the best thing about the Teen Titans cartoon, though they weren't allowed to call him Deathstroke, only Slade.

Deathstroke is the arch-enemy of the Teen Titans. He first appeared in New Teen Titans #2, and pretty much spent the 80's fighting (and failing to defeat) a bunch of teenagers before being promoted to general purpose villain status for the DCU.

GA's other main nemesis besides Merlin is Count Vertigo...and seeing as how he's dead...yeah, they'll probably be borrowing from around the universe for a while.
Thanks guys, didn't know he was created for Teen Titans. That's a shame that GA's only other main nemesis was Count Vertigo. Shame they killed him off, they could have at least used him as reccuring villain if not for a season long big bad.

Thanks guys, didn't know he was created for Teen Titans. That's a shame that GA's only other main nemesis was Count Vertigo. Shame they killed him off, they could have at least used him as reccuring villain if not for a season long big bad.

They'll introduce Count Werner Vertigo in a later season, coming to Starling to reclaim his title from the pretender.

Tabby

When Slade knocked on Laurel's door, I'll be honest, I was hoping/thinking he was going to kill her.
The disappointment.

Bladenic

Do you think any of those counter measures would have stopped Slade?

Obviously not but it's just hilarious how careless she is considering how many times her apartment has been broken into and whatnot. Actually it's been wrecked quite a few times, poor girl must be in huge debt always having to redecorate her apartment.

ascii42

Obviously not but it's just hilarious how careless she is considering how many times her apartment has been broken into and whatnot. Actually it's been wrecked quite a few times, poor girl must be in huge debt always having to redecorate her apartment.
Hopefully she's got good insurance.

I saw Caity Lotz in the movie "The Machine" where she plays a human programmer and a robot. It's honestly refreshing to see her smiling and showing a larger variety of emotions, but her patented "worried concern" look is definitely there.

However her performance as the robot was bloody weird, but I guess that was the point.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I saw Caity Lotz in the movie "The Machine" where she plays a human programmer and a robot. It's honestly refreshing to see her smiling and showing a larger variety of emotions, but her patented "worried concern" look is definitely there.

However her performance as the robot was bloody weird, but I guess that was the point.
How is the movie? I def want to check it out. Also,
are her bits blurred as in the trailer?
Possible Spoilers...

From Caity Lotz's Instagram...

http://i.imgur.com/TugU6ft.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me, or does that look more like Katie Cassidy under there?

Not sure if itshappening.gif or vadernooo.gif 😥

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Just caught up. I kinda like how Slade is just flat out insane and has had Shado whispering in his ear for years. Slade fucking up Oliver's shit. He destroyed just about everything in Ollie's world.

And BOOOOO for the 2 week break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom