• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Nice to see they're taking into account the general feeling in the team.

In that respect, who’s the angel on his shoulder and who’s the devil?
Felicity was always the angel on his shoulder — and whether she is or is not going forward I will leave everyone to find out when Episode 410 airs. But Dig is interestingly also someone who’s always been his moral compass, and one of the things that’s interesting about this season is that we have taken everybody who would normally reinArrow Oliver in to their own morally compromised and dark places. So I don’t know that anyone is necessarily going to be there to stop him. Even Thea is struggling with her own bloodlust. The one person that might be helpful to him is Malcolm. What the viewers will see is we’re going to have him give Oliver some very interesting and helpful advice. And obviously we’re going to blow that up. It will bring them a bit closer together, though, which will give us some really juicy stuff when we start to break them back apart.
http://tvline.com/2016/01/18/arrow-season-4-preview-oliver-revenge-felicity-shot/

ZeroX03

Banned
Colin Donnell is down to don the Red Hood.

TVLINE | Might we see you as Arrow‘s Tommy on Legends of Tomorrow since it’s time traveling into the past?
I’m all down for it. I would be so happy to be back on Arrow or on Legends of Tomorrow, in whatever capacity. There’s got to be something where an evil Tommy pops up. I want him to be totally different than what he was before.

He also mentioned Earth-2 and it sounds like his contract doesn't restrict him from returning to Arrow, just his schedule.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/18/arrow-tommy-return-colin-donnell-chicago-med-spoilers/#more-674632

Joni

As expected. There is no reason for him to be restricted considering the shows are different enough. But it is a full-season show, so they'd have to write him out of an episode to let him do Arrow.

Stephen knows what's up.

CY4gD-1WEAA9w9q.jpg:large

Ugh, worst thing Arrow has ever done.
Now if Barry encounters
from Earth 2 all will be forgiven.

Sadly thats the thing im wanting most from Arrow & Flash at the moment.

ZeroX03

Banned
What Huntress lacks in acting charisma she makes up for in sheer beauty.

As expected. There is no reason for him to be restricted considering the shows are different enough. But it is a full-season show, so they'd have to write him out of an episode to let him do Arrow.

Networks used to be very petty about letting their actors do stuff on other networks but I'm not sure what the case is these days. Ben Schwartz specifically had a provision in his House of Lies contract that said he could do Parks and Rec because Jean Ralphio's the BEEEEEEEEST~~

Magwik

Banned
https://todaynewsshow.com/arrow-season-4-new-details-about-felicity-and-whats-ahead/
Felicity was always the angel on his shoulder — and whether she is or is not going forward I will leave everyone to find out when Episode 410 airs. But Dig is interestingly also someone who’s always been his moral compass, and one of the things that’s interesting about this season is that we have taken everybody who would normally reinArrow Oliver in to their own morally compromised and dark places. So I don’t know that anyone is necessarily going to be there to stop him. Even Thea is struggling with her own bloodlust. The one person that might be helpful to him is Malcolm
It’s off the table. That’s something we definitely talked about [doing] with her in the beginning and yeah, people have to tune in to see what happens and what happened. But yeah, it will not be Oracle, sadly.
I am really starting to dislike Wendy Mericle as a showrunner.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah I did find that funny. "Without Thea, Diggle and Felicity all that's left is Malcolm!"

Even in the mid season finale Laurel didn't get snatched up with the rest of them.

"You know the dude who revived Vandal Savage and runs a league of jobbers? Yeah, he is your moral compass now"
Like, it doesn't even make sense. Even from my perspective.

ZeroX03

Banned
"You know the dude who revived Vandal Savage and runs a league of jobbers? Yeah, he is your moral compass now"

I mean they've established Malcolm sees Oliver as a son, but he's not as devoted to him as he is Thea. It's usually an uneasy alliance.

And from interviews it sounds like they haven't even decided if they want to revisit Malcolm's revival thing on Legends yet which is even weirder because that really needs explaining.

It's been apparent for a long time they just keep Malcolm around because they like Barrowman and want him as a regular.

Magwik

Banned
I mean they've established Malcolm sees Oliver as a son, but he's not as devoted to him as he is Thea. It's usually an uneasy alliance.

And from interviews it sounds like they haven't even decided if they want to revisit Malcolm's revival thing on Legends yet which is even weirder because that really needs explaining.

It's been apparent for a long time they just keep Malcolm around because they like Barrowman and want him as a regular.

I dunno, it just seems so silly.

This show has been reaching for ways to justify Malcolm's screentime and involvement with the team since season 3 with Ollie being totally chill with the guy who killed Sara. Oliver wouldn't shut up about the fact that he was the only person to help him with defeating Ra's but what did he do that was actually helpful when Ra's was defeated in the most cheap way ever.

Joni

I think it is less a real moral compass, and more someone who will reign them in. The others have clear ties to Felicity, even Laurel should be angry about what happened.

Tabby

I would have never guessed
Katana
would return. Nice!

I'm shocked honestly. I didn't think DC would let her appear anymore in Arrow since she's in Suicide Squad.

I loved this Katana, was disappointed she only really showed up for like 10 minutes in 1 episode last season.

tim1138

I'm shocked honestly. I didn't think DC would let her appear anymore in Arrow since she's in Suicide Squad.

I loved this Katana, was disappointed she only really showed up for like 10 minutes in 1 episode last season.

I was so hyped for her to finally show up in costume last year and then way disappointed about how little she was used. I really hope she talks to her sword since she used it to kill Maseo.

Maybe they figure a little cross promotion never hurt, even if it is different versions of the character

Effect

I believe they said there weren't going to handcuff the shows like that anymore. Almost everyone is now up for grabs. The assumption though and the but to that I think is that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman and their most iconic villains are off limits to a degree where it can't be helped like Gotham and Supergirl. You have to have access to Superman for Supergirl for example or it causes some real problems if you don't acknowledge his existence and the the existence of several other characters.

I also think they said that the Suicide Squad would be returning to Arrow as a result at some point.

Arrow, Flash, and Legends have a lot of toys to play with. So I wouldn't be surprised going forward that if they choose not to mess with something the films are doing it's likely by choice or budget. They can always elevate something and someone else.

Joni

That was a great trailer, very exciting for the rest of the season.

I would have never guessed
Katana
would return. Nice!
She is probably not interesting enough in the movie for them to care. The movie is Harley, Joker, Deadshot vehicle.

Still think(worried) they will use said character as a throwaway so they don't care if Arrow uses them.

The trailer was okay, but I'm worried that there's too much stuff that leads to nothing. It might as well be possible that some character of the previous seasons ends up in that grave. It would justify Oliver's reaction without taking a regular cast member away. I still think it's going to be lame as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom