• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Nobody took the 100? I am disappoint. MINE.

Or Roswell. There were some hotties on that show damn.

Anyway, I've actually liked this season so far. Last year was a bit disappointing.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I really hope we get to see more of Mr. Terrific in the second of half of this season. I was heavily anticipating his appearance on the show and it seems like we have barely seen him. I can't even remember the last episode he was on.

Magwik

Banned
I really hope we get to see more of Mr. Terrific in the second of half of this season. I was heavily anticipating his appearance on the show and it seems like we have barely seen him. I can't even remember the last episode he was on.
I was thinking of that last night. He really hasn't done well, anything

Joni

I really hope we get to see more of Mr. Terrific in the second of half of this season. I was heavily anticipating his appearance on the show and it seems like we have barely seen him.
I hope they start turning him into an actual hero instead of a sidekick to the sidekick

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The first issue of the Barrowman-written, Arrow tie-in, Dark Archer comic came out yesterday.

It's pretty good and shows what Meryln does as Ra's al Ghul behind the scenes. The hook of the comic appears to be (real spoiler)
that Malcolm Meryln isn't his real name.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The first issue of the Barrowman-written, Arrow tie-in, Dark Archer comic came out yesterday.

It's pretty good and shows what Meryln does as Ra's al Ghul behind the scenes. The hook of the comic appears to be (real spoiler)

Wat. Uh, hope it's not like that Walking Dead book that basically revealed
the Governor was really the brother who took his name when he died.

Magwik

Banned

Gives them room to bring in a more classic version of the character at least I guess

Minamu

Seems like it.

Oh, Colton actually has an abercrombie history? That makes harper's nickname even better :lol interesting he might be dating smoak, such news to me! The kissie picture before makes more sense too.

Joni

Did they ever explain the strange pronounciation of Ra's? It was really jarring and hilarious.

It's become a running gag to use the different pronounciations interchangeably at DC at this point.

Andrew Kreisberg: "This is actually something that came up a lot when we were making the show. Before the nolan franchise, a lot of comic book fans pronounced it 'Raysh', but once Nolan started to pronounce it 'Rawz' - it changed everything. We wanted to please both the people who were fans of the comics and fans of just the films/shows. So we decided that members of the league would pronounce it 'Raysh' on the show, and non members would pronounce it 'Rawz'. "
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/news/?a=118205

Andrew Kreisberg: "This is actually something that came up a lot when we were making the show. Before the nolan franchise, a lot of comic book fans pronounced it 'Raysh', but once Nolan started to pronounce it 'Rawz' - it changed everything. We wanted to please both the people who were fans of the comics and fans of just the films/shows. So we decided that members of the league would pronounce it 'Raysh' on the show, and non members would pronounce it 'Rawz'. "

Yay, I'm not crazy!

Magwik

Banned
Episode 4x12 Snyopsis
ROY HARPER RETURNS; NYSSA MAKES HER MOVE -- The team faces off against a formidable villain nicknamed The Calculator (guest star Tom Amandes). Meanwhile, Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) makes her move and Roy Harper (guest star Colton Haynes) returns to Star City. Kevin Fair directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Beth Schwartz (#412). Original airdate 2/3/2016.

Minamu

Alright, that's pretty damn cool :D Although, I'm not super happy with the decision itself, or the execution of it perhaps, but it's a neat idea. I guess nobody outside of the League has even seen the way it's spelled on a piece of paper so how would they know for sure how to pronounce it. On the other hand, any normal person would self-correct once they hear the proper way from someone with authority (such as any League member), so the immersion thing breaks down there a bit if you think about it. Not to mention that the official animated DC movies and Batman games have already set the "Raysh" precedence in stone, so from that point of view, there is only one proper way of saying it imo. But, you're obviously not supposed to overthink this thing this much :lol

ZeroX03

Banned
That is one to mark in my agenda.
I don't know if putting so much hyped stuff in one episode is for the best though. Looks like two stories that could pull their own episodes.

It's not exactly what you mean,
but The Calculator isn't one and done. He's in the next episode too but I don't think Roy is.

Also
Nyssa
woo!

Joni

It's not exactly what you mean,
but The Calculator isn't one and done. He's in the next episode too but I don't think Roy is.

Also
Nyssa
woo!

Yeah, I'm more looking at the
Roy vs. Calculator and Nyssa vs. Malcolm stuff being compressed in one episode. The second one seems like something that might deserve more time.

WedgeX

Banned
All the black lines are kiiiiiiillllllllllllllling me. Can it be next week please?

Well. There's a nice long weekend first. But still.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, I'm more looking at the
Roy vs. Calculator and Nyssa vs. Malcolm stuff being compressed in one episode. The second one seems like something that might deserve more time.

It could last more than a week too? The show is very good at serving
Nyssa, probably the most consistent guest actor I can think of.
This season in general seems to be avoiding the one and done stories and guest of the weeks,
Anarky
is back too.

Joni

It could last more than a week too? The show is very good at serving
Nyssa, probably the most consistent guest actor I can think of.
This season in general seems to be avoiding the one and done stories and guest of the weeks,
Anarky
is back too.

I hope so,
Nyssa
deserves a bit of time to shine.

Woo-hoo to more Nyssa! Hoping they don't job her out like always. Wonder if she even knows about Sara being cured of the mindless rage. Imagine if Laurel is just like "yeah, she's kind of in the year 3000". Although if Ra's is appearing in a Legends episode, I want Sara crossing paths with kid Nyssa, most adorable assassin out there.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Posted on Amell's Twitter

CYzP3CPVAAIAedY.jpg:large

Joni

One of us! A new Q&A from Amell on Facebook.
QUESTION: Q&A? Ok. IF (IF) Green Lantern or JUST Hal Jordan were to be introduced in your show, how would YOU do it if you had the creative input?
ANSWER: I'd ask John what his middle name was.

LOL they're going so hard with
Felicity being dead and in the grave
that if anyone, even young children, legitimately believes it at this point there's no hope for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom