• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot3d

Banned
If Daredevil wasn't such a bad attorney, it would be even worse. He'd be catching bad guys in the night and defending them in the day. He would basically be ensuring his own business.

As a non-comic reader is he a "bad" attorney because his clients always get convicted or because they always get off? I actually don't know which one is worse, both are pretty bad as far as legal ethics go.

Joni

As a non-comic reader is he a "bad" attorney because his clients always get convicted or because they always get off? I actually don't know which one is worse, both are pretty bad as far as legal ethics go.

I can only base myself on the show where he has very, very few clients and spends like 10 minutes actually working for them as an attorney before deciding he can just beat up the involved criminal.

He breaks his neck during a botched flip attempt.

I can see it.

3vaPQoc.gif

Watching the episode right now.

Anarky went down like a bitch when Ollie clocked him. So funny. I like Anarky. His new mask look is creepy. His facial burns are not as extensive as they should be.

Andy gave up Dahrk out of nowhere.

Either diggle or moma smoak.

Can only imagine how salty some are

I wouldn't take Thea or Lance off the table, either. Roy is wearing Thea's threads in the mid-season preview.

So- do they eliminate another potential candidate in two months? We've seen the grave at six months from now, then four months from now.

Joni

So- do they eliminate another potential candidate in two months? We've seen the grave at six months from now, then four months from now.
If they are quite sure about the person, they'll probably speed things up a bit because there seems to be a twist related to it.

Skux

Episodes like this make me yearn for 10-12 episode seasons. Even 16 would be great as it would let the back half of a season get to the climax much more quickly. Instead, things have to be stretched out but also maintain tension, so the characters make stupid decisions and end up in ludicrious situations while we wait for the writers to think to themselves "Well, we should start wrapping it up about now."

Anarky is great though. I hope next time he turns up with a comically large four-section chain staff thing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Episodes like this make me yearn for 10-12 episode seasons. Even 16 would be great as it would let the back half of a season get to the climax much more quickly. Instead, things have to be stretched out but also maintain tension, so the characters make stupid decisions and end up in ludicrious situations while we wait for the writers to think to themselves "Well, we should start wrapping it up about now."

Anarky is great though. I hope next time he turns up with a comically large four-section chain staff thing.

I would be down for shorter seasons, but I do like the reliable stream of network content. 40 minutes of Arrow always there is a pretty nice feeling. And even with so many episodes they do try ad pack in as much as they can, and a limited run time and commercial breaks mean they have to keep a certain pace.

It is unfortunate that both this week's Flash and Arrow had to suffer from the leads holding the idiot ball. One of the nice things about Smallville was Clark never seemed all that competent so it was easier to overlook things.

I would be down for shorter seasons, but I do like the reliable stream of network content. 40 minutes of Arrow always there is a pretty nice feeling. And even with so many episodes they do try ad pack in as much as they can, and a limited run time and commercial breaks mean they have to keep a certain pace.

It is unfortunate that both this week's Flash and Arrow had to suffer from the leads holding the idiot ball. One of the nice things about Smallville was Clark never seemed all that competent so it was easier to overlook things.

People didn't call Clark a big dumb alien for nothing.

Klyka

Banned
Ollie fighting Darkh is really weird.

He punches the shit out of him and then let's him just walk backwards and do his magic thing.

And Darkh tells him "i showed you you can not beat me" when Ollie was CLEARLY fucking him up in melee.

Setsuna

Ollie fighting Darkh is really weird.

He punches the shit out of him and then let's him just walk backwards and do his magic thing.

And Darkh tells him "i showed you you can not beat me" when Ollie was CLEARLY fucking him up in melee.

His skills were on cooldown

Magwik

Banned
In my head cannon Ollie punching Dahrk cleared his mind and rage and he then realized Dahrk would fuck his shit up any moment now so he got his distance

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
They kinda ruined Anarchy, surely he should be about....you know....anarchy? Not logically constructed revenge plans.

Whole episode was kinda bad really, they have a really interesting plot this season but the individual episodes have been kinda bad. Maybe I remember it wrong, but in season 2 each episode felt like a coherent story and that was great, the flashbacks fit together with what was happening in the present day, the story moved along in a logical way and then Deathstroke would end the episode in an amazing and shocking way. More and more the show has become "We have 3 scenes in the hideout, 2 scenes in the hospital, one in the police station, one in a mansion and a couple in a basement. We've got this stock footage from the island and that Anarchy guy is around somewhere, write me a story to fill that out".

ZeroX03

Banned
#413 "Sins of the Father" Synopsis
NYSSA MAKES OLIVER AN OFFER – Oliver (Stephen Amell) receives an offer from Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) that is hard to refuse. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) continues to battle the blood lust, Malcolm (John Barrowman) steps in to help his daughter, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has a heart to heart talk with Nyssa. Gordon Verheul directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Keto Shimizu.

I totally assumed the episode title would refer to
The Calculator and Felicity, but I guess it's referring to Nyssa and Ra's? Who cares, Nyssa is awesome and usually elevates episodes unlike the rest of the League. Or maybe it means both and they're hiding it from the synopsis.

Joni

The Calculator and Felicity, but I guess it's referring to Nyssa and Ra's? Who cares, Nyssa is awesome and usually elevates episodes unlike the rest of the League. Or maybe it means both and they're hiding it from the synopsis.

She wants to consumate the marriage. Or she wants to use a bit of Lazarus pit water on Felicity. Whatevers.

strafer

I liked this episode premiere more than The Flash.

And that ending with Felicity and Oliver, they sure are teasing the death of someone.

I wonder if we will find out during this season or if it will be drawn out until the series finale or something.

Magwik

Banned

Isn't this Roy's episode too?

strafer

STANDING....

Johndoey

Banned
But seriously Diggle could just shoot him right? Like okay he can catch an arrow but a bullet is a different story.

Edit: MGSV continues to infect everything.

ZeroX03

Banned
And unless Merlyn shows up too, Damien Darhkseid is the only big bad to guest on all three Arrowverse shows. All he does is win*.

*not to be confused with Winn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom