• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ending was kinda dumb.

The Felicity part that is, the goodbye video gave me feels though. I liked the rest of the episode.

That preview!

Yeah, I liked the ep, my only problems were that weird ending and Darhk being so shocked during the fight that Vixen destroyed his magic item after she took it, like he didn't even think of it.

Vixen was pretty cool too, even if better CG would have been welcome.

Thank god this is over. She still doesn't get it. What happens with or in regard to William is not your decision Felicity. You aren't his mother. You don't have any connect to him. You get no say. Both his mother and father are around and trying to come to an agreement.

It was a bit heavy handed to have her move as soon as she decided to end it. As if Oliver didn't already feel like a piece of shit.

The point was oliver does not even bother to talk to her about anything .
Still i am happy that this BS is over .

Neoxon

Episode was a treat. Gonna need that Vixen spinoff or a regular role in Legends S2 as soon as possible.
This is probably more likely. I'd be shocked if her & Constantine aren't in Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow (since Matt Ryan will probably have more free time next season).

Magwik

Banned
This is probably more likely. I'd be shocked if her & Constantine aren't in Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow (since Matt Ryan will probably have more free time next season).

DC put a big ole embargo on Constantine (unless the Guggenheim lied)
Considering the Justice League Dark movie is happening now that Del Toro dropped it, I'm not surprised.

shoreu

Felicity won't die, she was the one who told Oliver to kill Darhk to avenger whoever actually died.

Damn your right.. I hope Ollie stays single for an entire season. All this Back and Forth for their relationships is very annoying.

And the worst part is that Ollie never Claps the fuck back when someone comes for him. I really wish he would have told her to shut the fuck up with all that bitching or something man... He just takes the abuse.

GulAtiCa

Nah more like CW shows suck at this sort of drama.
Thank god that shit over in flash and we only have the good stuff .

Well, that's only cause Barry sucks even worse at relationships and drives all his love interest's away! :p

There is still Wally though.. (Though, that drama is dumb, but not as annoying)

Well, that's only cause Barry sucks even worse at relationships and drives all his love interest's away! :p

There is still Wally though.. (Though, that drama is dumb, but not as annoying)

Yeah the wally drama annoying but no where near as bad .
Plus i don't expect it to go on as long .

But it isn't....

That's like saying Barry's girl issues ruined The Flash.....

Don't bother this board let's that relationship ruin the show for them. I honestly have no problem with it. Loved the episode though. Nice seeing Ollie finally get a W against Dahrk only to take a L at the end of the episode. That shit was unintentionally funny as fuck.

What?
There's drama then there's Olicity garbage that the showrunners continue to force.

But there's nothing really wrong with it. People just dislike Felicity. Its not even about the relationship. People just irrationally dislike the character despite everything her character does is logical within the narrative and consistent with the character.

Oliver and Felicity have BOTH been better characters since getting together but people do not see that at all and their relationship is going to have issues like this one which was almost unavoidable. While Oliver has gotten better at secrets and lying, its still his major character flaw. You just don't grow out of lying like that. Hell Samantha was a lie that even LAUREL was upset about it because Oliver just has secrets falling out of his ass..AGAIN. Hell LoT made it a point that time doesn't change because you impart some information lol.

People bitching about Wally in The Flash is the same. He does things that are logical within the confines of the show and the lack of a 4th wall. I get finding him annoying but it would make less sense if it took an episode for him to be all chummy with a family he didn't know and a prodigal adopted son that pretty much took his place.

But people wanna masturbate over
Jay being Zoom
or Slade being awesome when those are just moments and not the entire narrative. Hell Slade pretty much made folks overlook how "annoying" Laurel was DESPITE its what caused her to seem to be a better written character today. But we'll just ignore all that.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Watching that last scene as someone who was in a wheelchair for 6 weeks was really annoying. It took me a month to be able to walk without leaning on a wall or a table.

Magic implant and all that but don't show a previously paralyzed woman walking out of a room within seconds. Drama be damned

Watching that last scene as someone who was in a wheelchair for 6 weeks was really annoying. It took me a month to be able to walk without leaning on a wall or a table.

Magic implant and all that but don't show a previously paralyzed woman walking out of a room within seconds. Drama be damned

I did have a problem with that myself. She should've twitched and then maybe Oliver tried to help but pushes him away and then leaves with a wheelchair, starting to walk next episode.

But there's nothing really wrong with it. People just dislike Felicity. Its not even about the relationship. People just irrationally dislike the character despite everything her character does is logical within the narrative and consistent with the character.

I was perfectly fine with Felicity before they made her a love interest. It became an issue when they gave in to shippers and made their relationship a larger part of the show, or largest. I mean, this was the midseason finale and it ended the way it did.

Oliver and Felicity have BOTH been better characters since getting together

God no, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

People bitching about Wally in The Flash is the same. He does things that are logical within the confines of the show and the lack of a 4th wall. I get finding him annoying but it would make less sense if it took an episode for him to be all chummy with a family he didn't know and a prodigal adopted son that pretty much took his place.

They're doing a damn good job lol

But people wanna masturbate over
Jay being Zoom
or Slade being awesome when those are just moments and not the entire narrative. Hell Slade pretty much made folks overlook how "annoying" Laurel was DESPITE it what caused her to be a better written character today. But we'll just ignore all that.

I was disappointed in the Flash thing. It was cheap.

No one overlooked Laurel, and she is only better written on The Flash. Well, she has had maybe one or two good episodes this season. She's still horribly written for the most part.

shoreu

Uhhh welcome to comics where your loved ones come back from the dead also.

Magwik

Banned
They've really put Malcom into a weird spot on the show. I don't exactly get what they are trying to do with him right now either. Okay cool, he cares about his daughter. But that's really the only motivation behind his character? "All this bad shit I do is excused and looked over because I love my daughter" is just utterly stupid. If that's the angle they want to continue to play for the 40th episode in a row, then they really need to unhinge him and let him become crazier and more obsessed. I'm starting to think Thea is dead, and Ollie and Malcom are going to blame each other, but it won't work because he isn't nearly unhinged enough to be threatening. He is simply a nuisance and is treated as much by the show. Hell even in an episode that resolves around parenthood, they didn't even take advantage to tie in his relationship with Thea at all as a view on the subject or as commentary. There was absolutely no reason for Merlyn to have presence this episode. Ollie just shrugs off that fact that Merlyn put his son in danger, and Thea is only slightly more flustered with him. Him outing William is like a 10/10 on the scale of being a colossal evil dick bag, and all that comes of it his relationship drama between him and Thea.

I was perfectly fine with Felicity before they made her a love interest. It became an issue when they gave in to shippers and made their relationship a larger part of the show, or largest. I mean, this was the midseason finale and it ended the way it did.

If Oliver is in a relationship its gonna be the main focus regardless if its Felicity, laurel, Sara, Caitlin who ever, since he IS the focus. All the drama and everything that goes a long with being in a relationship, you can't write around that.

No one overlooked Laurel, and she is only better written on The Flash. Well, she has had maybe one or two good episodes this season. She's still horribly written for the most part.

Uhh Bullshit....

She only had one scene in the Flash....and she's had plenty of good(better) scenes in Arrow in S3 and S4. Her biggest sins since season 2 is not telling her dad about Sara and reviving Sara but that's it really Season 3 and LoT plotting problems respectively.

ryan299

So this show has reached soap opera levels. People getting fired sucks, but they need to let go of the whole writing staff and start over.

Effect

Just finished the episode.

... Well, that happened.

That ending was dumb as all hell.

I know the ending was suppose to be shocking and emotional but it wasn't. Well part of it wasn't. The Oliver and the message part was. That was well done. What happen after that should have been in a completely different scene and location. It also just steps all over what just happen.

I don't dislike Felicity. I dislike how they've handled Oliver and Felicity together. I don't dislike the relationships on this show other then theirs because of how they have her act.

Luigi87

I know the ending was suppose to be shocking and emotional but it wasn't. Well part of it wasn't. The Oliver and the message part was. That was well done. What happen after that should have been in a completely different scene and location. It also just steps all over what just happen.

Yeah I really liked Oliver's video message to William, but the whole Felicity walking in and dropping that bomb was just god awful.

And this is after Felicity already being cool with Ollie back in the scene that happened just after Oliver dropped out of the mayoral race.

Yeah, decent episode until the last couple minutes, I think the way Arrow and the Flash ended this week is telling in who the writers are writing Arrow for. From the completely pointless paralysis gimmick to again asking the question how many fucking times does Oliver need the lesson of keeping secrets from people close to him coming back to bite him in the ass before he realizes it never works? The cross over ultimatum was already pure stupidity on a show ran by a guy who use to be a lawyer though I'm guessing Marc was more of a Lionel Hutz sort of lawyer. I'm so, so sick of the badly written relationship drama, eight left this season and I might be done outside of cross overs. They should've ended with Oliver's message and cut to something else, maybe finally connecting the island nonsense to the present.

Felicity has internalized her own in universe popularity.

That's pretty much been the case for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom