• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Every show has soap opera elements. This is full on soap

It's not so much "soap elements," though. Unless you only watch shows where characters aren't in somewhat emotionally extreme relationships with other characters, you're watching a soap opera.

It's all about who these products are aimed towards, really. The one nice thing about the CW's DNA of aiming for the young female market is that it trades the traditional teenage boy power fantasy of comic books for something at least somewhat less embarrassing. Either way we're getting a soap opera, but instead now we're talking about Felicity being soooo unreasonable instead of "how many mutilated pregnant women in a refrigerator are rquired to supply ample motivation for our male hero."

Or you could utilize GAF's ignore feature

I'd hate for someone to use that function because of disagreeing with someone else's perspective but what can you do. Anyway, I'm gonna stop posting in this thread for a few weeks. Might return after the funeral episode and see what the writers do. I can see some posters perspective on keep bringing up that facet on the otherwise enjoyable show is tiresome so I'll keep that in check. In retrospect I did enjoy the Darhk trial subplot, would have liked the pre-lim trial to have stretched over a few episodes as the ending showed he's gonna be out of prison by the next episode or the one after.

Edit: Also final thing before I go. When are we gonna have more plot reveals about the whole corn farm underground Darhk has? They teased it for like 10 seconds at the end of an episode and we haven't seen anything about it since?

ZeroX03

Banned
I think there's only one poster in the Arrowverse threads that I have on ignore because of their constant negativity regarding all of the shows (guess who!
don't guess who
). It's chilled a lot since the Laurel days and S3, easier to tune out.

What if I like and respect a poster's contributions in other threads but not this one?

(Purely playing devil's advocate btw, not calling anybody out)

I guess

It2zZID.gif

There isn't much you can do, really.

It's not so much "soap elements," though. Unless you only watch shows where characters aren't in somewhat emotionally extreme relationships with other characters, you're watching a soap opera.

It's all about who these products are aimed towards, really. The one nice thing about the CW's DNA of aiming for the young female market is that it trades the traditional teenage boy power fantasy of comic books for something at least somewhat less embarrassing. Either way we're getting a soap opera, but instead now we're talking about Felicity being soooo unreasonable instead of "how many mutilated pregnant women in a refrigerator are rquired to supply ample motivation for our male hero."

sounds like hit CW show Supernatural

Are we really going to go over this again lol
All super heroes shows going to have that soap element.
I did not like this ep but there going to be fall out if you call off a wedding .
And then have \ try to work with each other a few days later lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Just hold on guys. The next two episodes are going to finally give us what we've been wanting this whole season.

Bug Eyed Bandit!

Oh and the death or whatever

GulAtiCa

Personally, I enjoyed the episode. The Felicity stuff was dumb... But liked the Cupid stuff. Esp the Laurel actually doing her day job thing.

Now I'm starting to think it's Lance in the grave.

Also, if Felicity and Oliver are over, makes me question why both are in the Limo riding together. Given they no longer live together, not sure why she get a ride from her ex. Heck, why does Oliver even have a Limo. Is he even still running for Mayer? Makes me all think they get back together somewhat.

PreFire

Just hold on guys. The next two episodes are going to finally give us what we've been wanting this whole season.

Bug Eyed Bandit!

Oh and the death or whatever

Any guesses on who's in the grave?

At one point, I speculated it's actually Felicity who dies, and Oliver goes nuts and hallucinates her until he finally kills Dahrk.

But, idk.

ZeroX03

Banned
Any guesses on who's in the grave?

At one point, I speculated it's actually Felicity who dies, and Oliver goes nuts and hallucinates her until he finally kills Dahrk.

But, idk.

All signs point to
Laurel or Chesthair. The focus on their relationship this episode and likely the next two and all the behind the scenes stuff.

Daddy Lance's testimony putting Dahrk behind bars is probably going to put him in the grave. That and getting in bed with him in the first place!

Yeah, they really hit the audience over the head with that.

When the judge was all "Other than the testimony of Quentin Lance you have absolutely no case" she may as well have just said "Hey Dahrk, wax this chump like a candle and you're home free."

ZeroX03

Banned
Daddy Lance's testimony putting Dahrk behind bars is probably going to put him in the grave. That and getting in bed with him in the first place!

Yeah, they really hit the audience over the head with that.

When the judge was all "Other than the testimony of Quentin Lance you have absolutely no case" she may as well have just said "Hey Dahrk, wax this chump like a candle and you're home free."

They even showed the threats made to Chesthair in the previously on. Screaming "hey folks, the Lance family is about to get smaller!"

I agree. Gotham has been great this season and Flash was pretty good last night.

From what I've seen of Arrow reviews, this episode isn't to good.

Flash's episode was just straight bad. This episode was just dull unless you like Felicity.

Hateful Cupid isn't as fun as obsessed Cupid.

I feel like it's so obvious at this point now that the grave is for Chesthair. Like they almost killed us all with how hard they were beating us over the head with it.

IconGrist

Gotham > Supergirl > Flash > Arrow > Legends

I won't fight anyone on it but I am saying as of now I cannot possibly agree with any other order. If you wish I will explain my reasoning but that's as far as it will go.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
is Legends that bad?

I feel like they're all of basically the same quality, but Legends is a little more aimless than the other shows. It has more main characters to juggle, and feels the need to use 100% of the cast in every episode. So some lesser plots feel rushed.

KonradLaw

After this episode I'm finally sure Oliver Queen actually has a superpower, which is inhuman levels of patience. The ammount bullshit he puts up with would fill all the glades :D

Drama aside, pretty fun episode. I love Cupid as a villain. A rare case when Arrow took the comicbook villain and improved her tenfold.

I hope they scale back the drama. Before break this season has been extremely solid. Spanking Flash's S2 easily. But since they came from the break it seems so damn aimless most of the time. Bassicaly filler untill Darkh's final plans opens up. The whole capture of Darkh seems like just delay tactics.
Crap, if you have to hit pause on th main plot just make couple eps solely set on island, as that part seems like it could use some expansion, because it feels rushed. Or do some crazy experimental episodes. Ability to have them is the main advantage a 20+ eps shows have over cable-lenght ones. Just take an inspiration from space shows. Make an episode about some one crazy night of some donut chomping mudane cop in Star City. Have an episode set in SuperMax on prison, with villains each suggesting dream ways they would murder Green Arrow. An Laurel-only episode, showing the crazy ways she needs to bend law to justify sentencing people who are handled to police by Arrow team. Or a dark comedy episode about some low metel metahuman who got bored with being stopped by Flash and decided to make his life easier by moving to Star City, only to have each of his "brilliant" plans being them hilariously destroyed by one member of Arrow team.

KonradLaw

Lucifer > Gotham > Supergirl > Flash > Arrow > Legends

Fixed that for you :)

Not entirely sure about the whole order, but Gotham has indeed been excellent this year. The last batch of episodes is so damn good. The more that shows grows the happier I am there's no Batman in it. This allows the best thing about this IP, which is city and villains, to grow and be explored in ways that would be impossible with Batsy stealing the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom