• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Simple answer?

CoSA works on Gotham and Agents of Shield. But they don't work on The Flash and Arrow. Read how much visual effects work goes into a single episode of Gotham.

Longer answer?

The people who work in Gotham's art department have worked on major films like The Avengers, Ant Man, Shutter Island, Catch Me if You Can,

Some of the people who work on the visual effects for the show have worked on movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Mad Max: Fury Road.

In defense of Flash, they've got a fucking gorilla. They have to be very judicious with where they use their visual effects and that usually means prioritizing fight scenes over environments.

But yes, budget and location means Gotham has access to a better pool of talent. Although AoS is no mark of quality.

quesalupa

Can Felicity please stay gone and get replaced by Mr. Terrific? Stupid flash forward ruining my dreams. Other than that, I really liked the episode and this season do far.

In defense of Flash, they've got a fucking gorilla. They have to be very judicious with where they use their visual effects and that usually means prioritizing fight scenes over environments.

But yes, budget and location means Gotham has access to a better pool of talent. Although AoS is no mark of quality.

And to be fair to Flash, it's the best of the CW three by far and away - the VFX look really good for the most part. I mean, they had a fucking shark! LoT is still rough to me, and Arrow just feels like it's shot on video (I'm being a bit mean here, but...)

Oddduck

I actually think The Flash's visual effects are really impressive for a CW television show.

ZeroX03

Banned
And to be fair to Flash, it's the best of the CW three by far and away - the VFX look really good for the most part. I mean, they had a fucking shark! LoT is still rough to me, and Arrow just feels like it's shot on video (I'm being a bit mean here, but...)

Yes there has been quality drops on Arrow's production quality. It also has two years of budget cuts on the other shows, S3 is when they lost a lot of money.

I actually think The Flash's visual effects are really impressive for a CW television show.

That would be the talented, Emmy award winning folks at Encore Hollywood who have also worked on Gotham looking at their credits.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Wow, I cannot agree with this at all. DD is very easy for me to see, whereas Arrow looks like a mess outside of the episode that James Bamford directed.

Parts of it are. Other parts... some of the outside fight scenes were a mess. Other parts were stunning, but it's a mixed bag. And when it's bad, it's really, really bad.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
"WB, you need to back the fuck up."

Also, CW, you leave Flash alone!

it feels inevitable - when The Flash movie starts to come together, they're gonna mess with the show. no way they let Barry exist in 2 mediums 😰

I mean, if it makes you less nervous, Arrow's Ra's al Ghul is an inspiration for Grodd, so we'll be going in that direction too!

wait wait wait

what?

ZeroX03

Banned
wait wait wait

what?

It's not as gloomy as it sounds, basically they wanted to build up Grodd's profile over the first few seasons before pulling the trigger on him as a bigger threat. Ra's, the League and Nanda Parbat playing a smaller role in S1 and S2 of Arrow was the build up and inspiration.

Does that mean Team Flash will be visiting Gorilla City every second episode almost immediately even though it's currently a universe away? Probably.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's not as gloomy as it sounds, basically they wanted to build up Grodd's profile over the first few seasons before pulling the trigger on him as a bigger threat. Ra's, the League and Nanda Parbat playing a smaller role in S1 and S2 of Arrow was the build up and inspiration.

Does that mean Team Flash will be visiting Gorilla City every second episode almost immediately even though it's currently a universe away? Probably.

ah, i'm cool with that. i think the flash team does a lot of stuff inspired by arrow (but better.)

if we can get a real S3 where the showrunners can execute on their vision without getting handcuffed by WB, Flash'll go down in history

if the movie crew decides they need Grodd for the 2018 movie or something we are fucked and i'm emotionally prepared for the top as the s3 big bad :/

Joni

She looks damn good in those jeans.
It is a bit disappointing that Oliver didn't fight Cupid at the wedding.
And damn, he wanted to get caught.

Vaenyr

All in all a bad week for DC. The scenes in court were actually fun, the rest of the episode not so much.
Jay Garrick is in the grave. :p

Episode was so bad that I fell asleep watching it. That was a first. Shipping has ruined Arrow.

And the dark scenes in DD are hard to see what's going.

GulAtiCa

Awful week? Don't get that comment. Arrow had issues, but I liked it. Esp with court scenes and Cupid.

But regardless of that, Supergirl and The Flash were really good this week.

But opinions I guess.

Katie Cassidy's
hair looks a lot different than that photo posted a while back. I thought her hair was black but recent photos make it look more brunette, like Laurel in the earlier seasons. Not much but might mean more that she won't be in the grave.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Katie Cassidy's
hair looks a lot different than that photo posted a while back. I thought her hair was black but recent photos make it look more brunette, like Laurel in the earlier seasons. Not much but might mean more that she won't be in the grave.

Are they still filming? I know she has been in NYC the past couple days but Amell has been in Cali during the same time period. I'm still betting it's Detective Chief Constable Lance.

Vaenyr

Awful week? Don't get that comment. Arrow had issues, but I liked it. Esp with court scenes and Cupid.

But regardless of that, Supergirl and The Flash were really good this week.

But opinions I guess.

Supergirl was great, Flash mediocre, Arrow had it's fair share of problems and BvS was almost a disaster. All my personal opinions of course. It's just a little disappointing for me, but for all of you that liked the episodes, it's great that you enjoyed it.
I'm enjoying the seasons of all current series so far (well Felicity can be quite tiring, but oh well), so I know that there will be more things to come that are probably more to my liking, I have no worries on that front.

Are they still filming? I know she has been in NYC the past couple days but Amell has been in Cali during the same time period. I'm still betting it's Detective Chief Constable Lance.
I don't recall any 'that's a wrap' tweet, so it's probably still going. My money is still on Lance too, Darhk killing Laurel to get to him sounds lame because of the old villain trick of 'why should I kill you when I kill the ones you love'. Darhk kills Lance, he doesn't have anyone to really testify against him.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So apparently last nights episode was a series low for ratings?

Don't read into it too much yet as daylight savings time and a long break generally factor into lower ratings across the board.

This season has generally been tracking behind season 3 in ratings.

This show has gone to crap. Team Arrow is hilariously incompetent at taking down bad guys. Ollie cant even take out Cupid without backup. Felicity makes no sense anymore and Ollie is content to let Felicity throw their relationship away without a fight. Clearly they are the finest example of CW relationships.

Captain Lance lost his job by testfying. Thrilling courtroom drama! Equally thrilling was the car chase in the same freight office park weve seen in every outdoor scene on the show. ZzzzzZzzz....

The quick shots of Diggle driving the van in helmet look hilarious.

Im glad I wasnt the only one who laughed.

3yhkbsq.gif

I can't get over the fact "Olicity" is a canon term in this universe. Or the fact that Felicity might have saved the day with her speech about love. Also the fact that Cupid can beat up Diggle and Thea with ease and handle her own against Oliver too.

Also yeah, Lance is totally doomed now. He's the reason Darhk got arrested. Darhk killing him means there's no one to testify on the proper trial.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Flash was a series low too. They both came back after awkward breaks, to soon go on break again, with DST and filler episodes.

I nearly fell asleep during this last episode. The show needs a shake up badly. There are so many problems that go just beyond the characters at this point.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's not really a spoiler so I'm just going to say it so people are interested; Green Arrow, Black Canary, Firestorm and The Atom all get a shout out on the Supergirl/Flash crossover. Setting that stage for a full blown crossover next year.

GulAtiCa

It's not really a spoiler so I'm just going to say it so people are interested; Green Arrow, Black Canary, Firestorm and The Atom all get a shout out on the Supergirl/Flash crossover. Setting that stage for a full blown crossover next year.

Oooh, awesome!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yeah, but it's kind of ruined for me because right after Flash tells her about his friends Supergirl says, "Sounds like you have quite the network," while slowly turning her head towards the camera as if staring directly into my soul.

iosefe

Diggle had the best scene of the episode:

he's listening in and Cupid asks is Diggle had a plan for C4, and then it cuts to diggle in the van, all frazzled and saying "thats a damn good question". facial acting on point

had me a chuckle

Joni

I can't get over the fact "Olicity" is a canon term in this universe. Or the fact that Felicity might have saved the day with her speech about love. Also the fact that Cupid can beat up Diggle and Thea with ease and handle her own against Oliver too.
She is a former SWAT agent with a background in gymnastics and ARGUS training.

Simple answer?

CoSA works on Gotham and Agents of Shield. But they don't work on The Flash and Arrow. Read how much visual effects work goes into a single episode of Gotham.

Longer answer?

The people who work in Gotham's art department have worked on major films like The Avengers, Ant Man, Shutter Island, Catch Me if You Can,

Some of the people who work on the visual effects for the show have worked on movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Mad Max: Fury Road.
Still find it funny they do all that visual work on a show like Gotham but Marvel's tv series can't drop a single building into the NYC skyline.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
This week The Flash gave me some 80's "Just Say No To Drugs" nostalgia and next week Arrow will give me some good old fashioned camp.

What a time to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom