• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

So basically we about to drown in batman films

Batman Meets The Flash, Batman Sleeps With Wonder Woman, Oliver Queen Follows Batman, Batman and The Not Doctor Who Time Traveller, Blue Beetle & Booster Gold & Batman. These things write themselves.

All I need is him going, "Oliver, please.
I go through everyone's trash.
"

Just cast Jeffrey Combs, DO IT!

fbe7b6bdefb04112c1fef43603d0049e.jpg

Just go with an older Vic, it would totally work.

- J - D -

Wow, the actress they picked to play Fake Canary looked like a pre-teen. For an industry that traditionally casts older for younger roles, this was kind of weird.

Despite that, I actually enjoyed this previous episode overall. What a strange feeling.

ZeroX03

Banned
A show where nobody dared to watch
The love that we came to know
They call it Arrow

#4.20 "Genesis"
Episode Promo
DIGGLE IS CONSUMED WITH GUILT AND SEEKS REVENGE – As Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) look for a magical solution to defeat Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough), a vengeance-driven Diggle (David Ramsey) gets a lead on Andy’s (guest star Eugene Byrd) whereabouts and heads off to confront his brother. Meanwhile, Alex (guest star Parker Young) takes Thea (Willa Holland) on a vacation that quickly turns into a nightmare. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#420). Original airdate 5/4/2016.
ar420a-0418b-180670.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Sometimes I read your summaries and they sound like there is a lie in it, but it is the actual description.
The vacation part seems so out of place

Yeah normally I spice things up, but that line was so weird I just sort of left it as is.

Joni

If they can fully use Constantine in the near future, I would be disappointed if they just put him in Legends of Tomorrow.

If they can fully use Constantine in the near future, I would be disappointed if they just put him in Legends of Tomorrow.

Of course I want Constantine to have his own show (again, on a real network), but they better hit up Amazon, as I'm sure Netflix has their plate full as does CW at this point. And it's clear the mainstream networks care less than a plate of couch grass at this point. Supergirl still has to get officially renewed, afaik.

Better to go with the s2 Legends mystical/magical angle, IMO. Move Sara back to Arrow for a while, and maybe Ray. Move Miller/Purcell back to Flash, or well, they have the new Prison Break season so they're good.

ZeroX03

Banned
Better to go with the s2 Legends mystical/magical angle, IMO. Move Sara back to Arrow for a while, and maybe Ray. Move Miller/Purcell back to Flash, or well, they have the new Prison Break season so they're good.

Miller and Purcell have priority with The CW, not Fox fortunately. But Prison Break is only a mini series that is being filmed already. It'll be done by the time the next seasons start.

Magwik

Banned
Geoff Johns has our back when it comes to the rouges
He will make sure they get an episode in on S3 of Flash

Also CW could be sitting on Constantine until Supernatural ends

ZeroX03

Banned
Geoff Johns has our back when it comes to the rouges
He will make sure they get an episode in on S3 of Flash

Well then full Rogues for next season of Flash, no problem with that myself.

Interestingly the mid season finale this year wasn't considered a Rogue episode, I guess because Cold bows out of the plan.

Also it looks like over on Legends
Cold is going to seriously consider joining the heroic side.
Either way he kills it, I'm not fussed. Cold is a very malleable character.

KonradLaw

As standalone show probably. But if they did a heavy magical show, with Constantine leading a team of supernatural beings then it wouldn't clash with Supernatural anymore than Vampire Diaries did. And you could promote the character for eventual Hellblazer spin-off when Supernatural ends.

Vampire Diaries seems to be dead after next season and I doubt Originals will last beyond S4, so there will be a big magical hole in their line up soon.

Interestingly the mid season finale this year wasn't considered a Rogue episode, I guess because Cold bows out of the plan.

Also it looks like over on Legends
Cold is going to seriously consider joining the heroic side.
Either way he kills it, I'm not fussed. Cold is a very malleable character.

Too bad he's not on Flash
to get blasted with the next dark matter wave and get his weapon bonded with himself and become...more. But yeah the synopsis of him becoming a hero is awesome, I can't wait.

Joni

Of course I want Constantine to have his own show (again, on a real network), but they better hit up Amazon, as I'm sure Netflix has their plate full as does CW at this point.
CW could easily fit in another 13-episode show, for instance a summer show to boost their ratings there.

And it's clear the mainstream networks care less than a plate of couch grass at this point. Supergirl still has to get officially renewed, afaik.
CBS hasn't renewed any new shows yet. Has very little to do with Supergirl.

Sara + Cold interactions would be lost, which would suck. Those are one of the major reasons I like LoT.

CW could easily fit in another 13-episode show, for instance a summer show to boost their ratings there.

CBS hasn't renewed any new shows yet. Has very little to do with Supergirl.

Sara + Cold interactions would be lost, which would suck. Those are one of the major reasons I like LoT.

I'm down with a summer Constantine show, believe me, I love Constantine.

And yeah I realize CBS does their thing on their time, but there's been rumors it might move to CW (which could/might take up a Constantine slot?)

Sara + Cold interaction would be lost, but we'd get Ollie + Sara
radioactive
guess I'm just a Caity Lotz fan after seeing her at Wizard Con in Portland.

Joni

And yeah I realize CBS does their thing on their time, but there's been rumors it might move to CW (which could/might take up a Constantine slot?)
It won't, CBS has very few shows attracting young women.

Sara + Cold interaction would be lost, but we'd get Ollie + Sara
radioactive
guess I'm just a Caity Lotz fan after seeing her at Wizard Con in Portland.

Nyssa with Sara would be a huge win, but she just acts so naturally cheesy with Cold.

Nyssa with Sara would be a huge win, but she just acts so naturally cheesy with Cold.

In the end I just hope they keep Caity Lotz in some form, forever. She's great, she really is, IMO. I think she's underrated but really good at what she does.

Miller and Purcell are awesome, I love them as well. But then I love Bruce Campbell and that sorta thing also. Honestly I'm really pleased with DCTV casting in general, they do a great job.
Surprised they got Clancy Brown on Daredevil s2 after Flash s1 honestly

Need someone like Keith David to show up at this point. Really pleased with the casting in general.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I will never understand being so invested in a fictional relationship that you're willing to harass actual people. Sounds like the actions of people who are desperately unfulfilled in their own lives.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Are "shippers" traditionally female or male? I don't follow all the Twitter drama nor do I ever read peoples comments on Twitter in response to a celebrity's posts, so I'm in the dark. In my head, they're female, but that could be a total non understanding of how this internet fandom works.

Are "shippers" traditionally female or male? I don't follow all the Twitter drama nor do I ever read peoples comments on Twitter in response to a celebrity's posts, so I'm in the dark. In my head, they're female, but that could be a total non understanding of how this internet fandom works.

In Arrow's case, I haven't seen a male ship Olicity.

So I just learned Katrina Law is in a band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI7bAvjqNkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrs90WjQ37Q (ERR, just checked this one, not SFW)

Mostly female, largely made up of either teenage (or emotionally so) girls to bored/lonely women in their 40s, at least when it comes to straight relationships. Moonlighting from back in the late 80s is one of the earliest examples of it that I can remember though back then I don't think the term was around. The WB in the late 90s started to change its image by creating shows that catered to and exploited the teen girl demo with their teen relationship dramas. Though the earliest I remember seeing the shipping term thrown around was probably Buffy but I really didn't get it until Smallville.

In Arrow's case, I haven't seen a male ship Olicity.

They've got that "51 year old martial arts badass" who is now their fatherly mascot.

Mostly female, but I don't think there's ever been anything resembling an exhaustive study of it.

As a rule, most fanfic writers are women, and most fanfiction is shipfiction, so you can extrapolate.

The history is actually kind of fascinating, it all started with Kirk/Spock stuff way the hell back before the Internet was even a thing. It got distributed in fan magazines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom