• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

It's this kind of pro-felicity attitude that leads to her suddenly having fighting skills in season 5.

She'll use her Sailor Moon powers to outmagic Dahrk.

emily_bett_rickards_dressed_as_sailor_moon_with_chloe_bennet.jpg

- J - D -

Is that Chloe Bennett from Agents of Shield?

Also, I'm okay with Felicity dressing up or cosplaying. At least 40% of her appeal is how good she looks in her outfits.

- J - D -

No, that is a grocery bag.
They are friends

Grocery bag and Emily Bett Rickards started out playing the same character type in their respective shows, but only one of them saw significant growth in both character development and acting ability as seasons went by.

DeathyBoy

Banned
They took that away when they saved her life. They removed the darkness that Darhk was absorbing because it was killing her. Malcolm lost his hand then. . You seem to have forgotten that. Also, she hasn't been attacked with the absorbing magic since then.

Wait, so you can remove the darkness? I thought you could only lock it away?

ericexpo

Four heroes going up against a group of random thugs, that Oliver would have taken by himself in season one is to much.
They should have had dig retire and only speedy on certain missions

ZeroX03

Banned
All Laurel would've added to this episode was an awkard scene where she yells "I'm going after these generic Ghosts, feel free to cut away from me now!".

Magwik

Banned
All Laurel would've added to this episode was an awkard scene where she yells "I'm going after these generic Ghosts, feel free to cut away from me now!".

Would say the same for Thea but yeah ...
$10 next week starts with Merlyn telling her he did it for her and is just trying to protect her

Joni

Would say the same for Thea but yeah ...
$10 next week starts with Merlyn telling her he did it for her and is just trying to protect her

Hopefully it ends up like Andy versus John, with a quick death. After that first confrontation, I was worried Andy would live.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Someone please sign my Change.org petition to make the 90s Swamp Thing tv show cannon with the Arrowverse.

Joni

Colton also spoke about him leaving Arrow:

“I asked to step away because I cared more about my mental and physical health than my career at the time, I’ve had terminal anxiety my entire life. Physically ill, fainting. I’m 27 years old, and I have an ulcer. I had to step back.”

And he is open for coming back.

Joni

Time for Teen Titans, using Roy in a Nightwing like leader role. Bring over Wally West, Speedy, Jesse Quick, Connor in some sort of time travel plot for a single face-off with Slade Wilson and Jericho.

morningbus

Time for Teen Titans, using Roy in a Nightwing like leader role. Bring over Wally West, Speedy, Jesse Quick, Connor in some sort of time travel plot for a single face-off with Slade Wilson and Jericho.

Not enough Archers. Get Jon H. Benjamin to be the villain and you've got a deal.

They took that away when they saved her life. They removed the darkness that Darhk was absorbing because it was killing her. Malcolm lost his hand then. . You seem to have forgotten that. Also, she hasn't been attacked with the absorbing magic since then.
I remember they revived her with White Flower or something.

But them showing that she could resist it in the first place is a Chekhov's Gun that I guess they're never going to fire.

Looking at who was chosen for the TNT dropped series, who is ready in the Arrowverse, and who the CW has shown interest in developing for TV, I think the ideal cast for an Arrowverse Titans show would be:

Nightwing
Thea
Wally
Raven
Starfire
Blue Beetle

Put them all in college in Happy Harbor, RI.

Joni

That sounds like a fun cast but I would be surprised if they could get this blue beetle or Nightwing. Still, Roy could replace him.

Nightwing, Blue Beetle and Raven were all in development at the CW around the time Smallville was ending. (although Grayson was a Flying Graysons series) They even shot Blue Beetle test footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfUZ_sTUp54

The TNT show was supposed to be Nightwing, Oracle, Raven, Starfire, Hawk and Dove. I'd assume it would be a Teen Titans situation- where they had Robin, but avoided Batman as much as possible. Kind of like what Supergirl is doing with Superman, except easier to justify since Batman is human and less social.

Kinda disapointed they made Milagro a teenager in that test footage. Half the fun of her in the comic was the elementary school kid's perspective on the superhero world

morningbus

How about a Supernatural/Bonnie and Clyde-like Thea and Roy spin-off show where they travel the country
British Columbia
fighting crime.

Gotta get to 10 hours of Arrowverse programming somehow.

Joni

Nightwing, Blue Beetle and Raven were all in development at the CW around the time Smallville was ending. (although Grayson was a Flying Graysons series) They even shot Blue Beetle test footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfUZ_sTUp54

The TNT show was supposed to be Nightwing, Oracle, Raven, Starfire, Hawk and Dove. I'd assume it would be a Teen Titans situation- where they had Robin, but avoided Batman as much as possible. Kind of like what Supergirl is doing with Superman, except easier to justify since Batman is human and less social.

Kinda disapointed they made Milagro a teenager in that test footage. Half the fun of her in the comic was the elementary school kid's perspective on the superhero world
Ted kord blue beetle is off the table nowadays. Assume this goes for every blue beetle.

I hope they're about Felicity.

How about a Supernatural/Bonnie and Clyde-like Thea and Roy spin-off show where they travel the country
British Columbia
fighting crime.

Gotta get to 10 hours of Arrowverse programming somehow.

Like Supernatural's early seasons, where every new American city they go to is foggy, has a ton of cedar trees, and occasionally has some of the same building that previous cities had. Weird!

Well since this show does have a thing for flashbacks, it'd make sense if they actually shot the scene with the dialog so they can show it next season. That's easier than bringing Katie Cassidy back in and reshooting that scene in 6 months.

Joni

Well since this show does have a thing for flashbacks, it'd make sense if they actually shot the scene with the dialog so they can show it next season. That's easier than bringing Katie Cassidy back in and reshooting that scene in 6 months.

True, makes sense. But they should have done multiple versions, so we can guess and they can 'leak' fakes.

Did you guys notice there were no flashbacks last episode? It's actually been like three episodes since an island flashback now. Maybe they're testing a new format.

What a great episode this last one was. It was an inspired choice to insert Felicity into Oliver's defense against the dark arts training, as it really spoke to how she has been a necessary component of his personal and reactionary defenses in the field, as well as calling back to how she has been the source of strength in Ollie ever since he was abandoned on Lian Yu with nothing but a book full of people to kill and a worn photograph of Felicity Smoak.

I feel like they revealed Dahrk's motivations behind his actions too soon, and probably should have waited two more episodes to really start exploring the reasons for his villainy.

Overall, this was a great episode in a season of nothing but great episodes, brimming full of interesting character arcs and logical consequences.

Joni

Did you guys notice there were no flashbacks last episode? It's actually been like three episodes since an island flashback now. Maybe they're testing a new format.

They flashbacked to the stuff we actually saw in the show, and they had season 1.5 flashbacks the episode before. But yes, they aren't really missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom