• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Laurel is dead and gone. The team is better smaller.

This Arrow episode better deliver the goods, otherwise Legends takes the crown for best finale this season. Supergirl and Flash were not fantastic.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
No.
The Arrow guys seem very adamant about their decision.

This Arrow episode better deliver the goods, otherwise Legends takes the crown for best finale this season. Supergirl and Flash were not fantastic.

Between Hourman and Jay, it seems like they're going to play with the JSA next season. Earth 3 Laurel will probably guest star from time to time as part of the JSA, but not be a member of Team Arrow.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I haven't watched The Flash finale yet, but you're scaring me.

Tbh Arrow's finale is the determining factor for me if this season was good or not. Flash's made me feel empty.....

ZeroX03

Banned
Tbh Arrow's finale is the determining factor for me if this season was good or not. Flash's made me feel empty.....

Arrow built back a lot of momentum in the past few episodes, if they stick the landing it'll probably be remembered a lot more fondly as a season with a good beginning and end.

And a middle where Felicity walks out of a wheelchair

Arrow built back a lot of momentum in the past few episodes, if they stick the landing it'll probably be remembered a lot more fondly as a season with a good beginning and end.

Tbh the middle wasn't even that long. Just one glaring stupid issue of Oliver's child and that's it.

WedgeX

Banned
Between Hourman and Jay, it seems like they're going to play with the JSA next season. Earth 3 Laurel will probably guest star from time to time as part of the JSA, but not be a member of Team Arrow.

Will a third JSA member make an appearance tomorrow night? One starting from each show?

Please let it be Spectre. Or Stargirl. Or Mr. Terrific, finally.

Magwik

Banned

For me they already lost all of that momentum when they decided to go Dark Knight: Rises for a finale again

I agree with this .
Depending on how this season of arrow end i can see i liking it more than flash this season .
Flash has not been consistent at all this season .

EDIT this year has been rather sucky for tv show i like .

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Tbh I never really considered him saving Felicity a huge part of the episode lol. I guess for those concerned about her that's good I guess.

I've been clutching my pearls for the last 6 days, so this is good news for me.

Grizzlyjin

Awww I didn't know you cared lol

Honestly, I find Merlyn more annoying than Felicity. Hasn't always been that way, but they're jumping through hoops to explain why Team Arrow still puts up with his bullshit. And my eyes automatically glaze over when him and Thea have the same conversation that they've been having for the last season and a half.

I hope the Arrow finale delivers. I've watched two really rushed and bullshit season finales this week, I can't handle another.

ZeroX03

Banned
WILL TONIGHT'S EPISODE HIT THE TARGET!? IT'S THE FELICITY SEASON FINALE!

#4.23 "Schism"
1-Minute Trailer
Inside: Schism
OLIVER TEAMS UP WITH A SURPRISING FORCE TO STOP DAMIEN DARHK – Oliver (Stephen Amell) teams up with a surprising force in an attempt to stop Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and his magic once and for all. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) diets. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim (#423).  Original airdate 5/25/2016.

AR423a-0142b-b9e97.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Thanks. Luckily it wasn't a big spoiler, more speculation on the spoiler.

Eh you know I don't care too much about in-Arrowverse post-episode spoilers being thrown around. Dunno how Flash could bring out the
(arrested?) Robert Queen from E2 though

DeathyBoy

Banned
This is what I'm thinking.
A way to get Supergirl in there and maybe a soft reset to Arrow to bring everything together.

I genuinely hope that spoiler has minimal bearing on Arrow past a few episodes. Partly because I don't have a 'LOL, WORST SHOW EVER' boner like certain people here, and partly because it'd be weird at this point to go back to an enjoyable Arrow thread consisting of people who liked the show, as opposed to this sinking Hellhole full of people's creepy as fuck posts re: how much they hate Felicity/anger at Oliver refusing to kill, despite him vowing to kill Dahk.

Joni

It won't change anything for Arrow.

Eh you know I don't care too much about in-Arrowverse post-episode spoilers being thrown around. Dunno how Flash could bring out the
(arrested?) Robert Queen from E2 though

Shared Earth brings people from all earths together before all the doubles die.

xorx

Banned
So I haven't watched any of S4 due to school and not liking S3. Is S4 worth watching?

I know the folks on Reddit hate it, but I want an opinion outside the echo chamber.

ZeroX03

Banned
So I haven't watched any of S4 due to school and not liking S3. Is S4 worth watching?

I know the folks on Reddit hate it, but I want an opinion outside the echo chamber.

Better than S3 and first half of S1 but similar problems. The Olicity drama in the middle of the season hurts, but the beginning and end are solid.

Xemnas89

I think it's better than season 3 but it has some episodes in the middle that are kind of meh. Still plenty enjoyable.

Grizzlyjin

I've been enjoying this season, way better than 3.

It is ending very strong after a Legends of TOmorrow spin-off start and a weak middle.

Yeah. Strong start to the season. Then they had to carry the weight of setting up two Legends characters.

Then it got really soapy in the middle.

From Canary Cry onward, it's been building strength again. It's not the dumpster fire Season 3 was, but its not the glory of season 2, either. It's stumbling to find solid footing like season 1.

Joni

Yeah. Strong start to the season. Then they had to carry the weight of setting up two Legends characters.

Then it got really soapy in the middle.

From Canary Cry onward, it's been building strength again. It's not the dumpster fire Season 3 was, but its not the glory of season 2, either. It's stumbling to find solid footing like season 1.
Yeah, very much like S1, especially with the strong ending.

KonradLaw

Liked this season a lot. Second best season after S2. Both Flash and Arrow were saddled with spin-off building duties early this year, but while Flash sucked at it, Arrow managed to make some really nice episodes out of it. It stumbled for couple weeks after the break (if it would keep the quality then it would probably surpass S2), but then came back strong again.

I'm hoping for an epic finale. Don't fail me Arrow.

Joni

Liked this season a lot. Second best season after S2. Both Flash and Arrow were saddled with spin-off building duties early this year, but while Flash sucked at it, Arrow managed to make some really nice episodes out of it. It stumbled for couple weeks after the break (if it would keep the quality then it would probably surpass S2), but then came back strong again.

Arrow had one advantage on that part: salvaging two fanfavorite characters where it fit into the story compared to Flash' introducing two new ones.

Honestly, I find Merlyn more annoying than Felicity

I don't think they know what they want to do with him.

I think the Legends setup for Arrow actually fit the show better than it did Flash. Ray and Sara are huge parts of Arrow so it wasn't as awkward.

KonradLaw

I think the Legends setup for Arrow actually fit the show better than it did Flash. Ray and Sara are huge parts of Arrow so it wasn't as awkward.

Yeah. And then it for Constantine too. Meanwhile on Flash they're replaced the well liked Robbie with some new dude. He turned out fine in LoT, but in Flash that was very akward.

ZeroX03

Banned

Yeah it worked pretty well for Arrow other than Ray disappearing without explanation for the mid-season finale. Sara at least went away, Ray was just not there (he was filming Legends) while the team was under attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom