• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

I can remember her being that hypocritical about it .
But i can just be forgetting stuff .
She was the one that wanted Oliver to stop killing back in the second season.

Actually IIRC Felicity's actress stated that "Olicity will take sometime to mend" or something to that effect in an interview. A lot of people was banking on her departure and Curtis replacing her as the IT chap, so their anger is understandable, if a little premature

No, it is not understandable. It is taking a comment out of context and then acting like an idiot because the idiotic idea didn't come through.

TheOddOne

No. (my personal opinion)

It's the equivalent of Supernatural Season 8

It has 2-3 good episodes. And those are among the best Arrow has done.

The rest is garbage...

For me personally yeah it was great. For the internet it was nothing but trash.
giphy.gif

I'm 10 episodes behind, but I'm going to ride it out.

CryptiK

"Im finally over my mother's death and accepted it's a part of me, it made me who I am. I can finally stop Zoom"
*2 episodes later*
"I beat Zoom, my dad is dead, but I guess I'll destroy the timeline to save my mother after deciding it was a bad idea a year ago"

Flash ending was amazing, but completely undid Barry character development yet again as he decides to take a big L and be a moron.

I look forward to the Fallout of what he did, but there is no denying he is a moron.

What amazing story ?
In the comic at least it effect everything there .
What is it going to effect in the shows and how long it going to last .
Mind you this is 2 ep after he comes to terms with his mother death , the woman he love for most his life ready for him .
Then his Dad died, then he was locked up by everyone he trusted, then his second Dad almost died, then he had to kill one of his time remnants, then he saw his recently deceased father as someone else, then lost a mentor. I mean how can you not be fucked up after all that. No wonder he was all fuck this shit. Also after that was probably the best time to do it. Otherwise longer down the line would have been a lot worse.

She was the one that wanted Oliver to stop killing back in the second season.

Nah oliver was who said that and she told him maybe there is another way so he would suit up again .
Truth is that is what oliver wanted and she just roll with it .
It was one of the reason why she said she was sorry he had to kill for her .

Then his Dad died, then he was locked up by everyone he trusted, then his second Dad almost died, then he had to kill one of his time remnants, then he saw his recently deceased father as someone else, then lost a mentor. I mean how can you not be fucked up after all that. No wonder he was all fuck this shit. Also after that was probably the best time to do it. Otherwise longer down the line would have been a lot worse.

Okay so maybe go back in time and save your dad .
At least then you won't have fully fuck the time line .

Blader

Saved by hope! Malcolm lived and everyone is still cool with him, the new Arrow cave has worse security than the old one. Guys with guns don't use guns, muh Darhkness muh Darhkness! "I was trained by the League of Assassins" with no retort from Oliver about him being Ra's al-Ghul, even if it was for like two minutes. Say what you will about the disappointing Flash finale but at least it wasn't a complete bore like this one was.

I had actually completely forgotten until this episode that Daark is very old and his age could have informed his more nihilistic worldview. I feel like that should've come up more (or at all).

No way in hell .
Flash ending was down right stupid .
It undo everything about barry character over last 2 years and it going last a few eps the most .

Don't you get it, Zoom partly won, he broke Barry. Barry had grown as a character and Zoom just destroyed it and made Barry give in.

Great ending.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
These threads usually make watching the Arrowverse shows a worse experience as I often find myself noticing things that don't bother me but will bother someone.

But it paid off last night when Felicity practically stared into the camera and said she wasn't going anywhere. It made it such a better experience knowing that people were losing their shit.

But it paid off last night when Felicity practically stared into the camera and said she wasn't going anywhere. It made it such a better experience knowing that people were losing their shit.

So much truth here. The internet's reaction to this show overall is hilariously entertaining.

I said it once and I'll say it again--this wasn't my favorite superhero show of the year but it was clearly the best season finale out of all of them.

Flash was decent, LoT was one of its better episodes but still not great, SHIELD/Gotham/Supergirl were dumpster fires. Gotham in particular was disappointing since season 2 had been so great.

strafer

It's still weird that people still care about finales though. Why does it matter? People will most likely tune in anyway, there's no way to make the finale extra.

It's still weird that people still care about finales though. Why does it matter? People will most likely tune in anyway, there's no way to make the finale extra.

Yep , that is why i rather non cliffhanger finals .
Hell most people don't even watch the shows live anymore .

morningbus

Hell, most people don't even watch the show anymore.

Watches the show at 2x speed.
Skips any scenes on the island or with Felicity.
Browses the internet the whole time.

Just listen to NPR if you need the background noise, people.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What a dull finale.

Been a dull season too.

Last line was basically a big fuck you to everyone wanting Felicity gone too.

BFIB

Felicity is right up there now with Lana on Smallville. Just unbearable and the mother has become even worse.

Overall, an OK finale. This show needs to trim the fat, the best thing they could do is have no Diggle, no chesthair, no Thea, no Felicity. Just Oliver.

Was the rooftop that they were doing their stupid nuke deflection the same rooftop in Legends of Tomorrow where Savage was fighting in that finale?

Blader

A finale is the ending of a year-long story. Why do people care about how stories end?

Felicity is right up there now with Lana on Smallville. Just unbearable and the mother has become even worse.

Overall, an OK finale. This show needs to trim the fat, the best thing they could do is have no Diggle, no chesthair, no Thea, no Felicity. Just Oliver.

Except Thea is now the best series regular.

Last line was basically a big fuck you to everyone wanting Felicity gone too.

Can you really blame the show for speaking directly back to the audience when you see the kind of insane garbage that people on the internet are spewing about a completely inoffensive character?

Blader

Doesn't have to be. Would be better if it all was a big story with no cliffhangers.

It does when you have a 4-5 month break between seasons.

Can you really blame the show for speaking directly back to the audience when you see the kind of insane garbage that people on the internet are spewing about a completely inoffensive character?

She's the worst written character on the show by a long shot and encapsulates a lot of the major writing complaints of the last two seasons, specifically the heavy pivots toward soapy relationship drama (which, while always part of the show in some way, never became as exacerbated or as central to the series as they did until Olicity became a thing) and tumblr pandering fanservice bullshit.

morningbus

These are the same people that want Patty Spivot back on Flash, like they wouldn't end up wanting her dead too after a year.

ZeroX03

Banned
She's the worst written character on the show by a long shot and encapsulates a lot of the big writing complaints of the last two seasons with the heavy pivots toward soapy relationship drama (which, while always part of the show in some way, never became as exacerbated or as central to the series as they did until Olicity became a thing) and tumblr pandering fanservice bullshit.

8oAjnk5.gif

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Perhaps they should take the hate onboard and write the character better? She never used to be this insufferable.

It does when you have a 4-5 month break between seasons.

Why if people want to drop the show they will .
Plus a lot of people don't watch the shows live anymore.

She's the worst written character on the show by a long shot and encapsulates a lot of the big writing complaints of the last two seasons with the heavy pivots toward soapy relationship drama (which, while always part of the show in some way, never became as exacerbated or as central to the series as they did until Olicity became a thing).

This will happen no matter what once the want to have a couple on the show .
That going to last any sort of time .

JDB

Banned
I stopped watching the show when Laurel died but decided to watch the finale just to see if it would tease any repercussions from the Flash finale

Arrow finale was like 10 times better than Flash,

morningbus

Wow

They couldn't even give Oliver a moment alone at Laurel's grave without Felicity showing up randomly

Turns out Felicity is actually a good friend that doesn't abandon a person prone to self loathing and depression at a time of incredible personal stress.

CloudWolf

Flash ending was amazing, but completely undid Barry character development yet again as he decides to take a big L and be a moron.

I look forward to the Fallout of what he did, but there is no denying he is a moron.

The series already kinda established that Barry is a moron who can't think rationally, we didn't need this finale for that. I still think him breaking up with Patty was one of the most non-sensical things I have seen a character do in a television show.

"I'm not going to tell her my identity if it gets her in danger"
"Barry, how the fuck would her knowing who you are put her in danger?"

"What if Zoom finds out about her?"
"Zoom knows who you are, Zoom probably knows who you're dating. Why the hell would put telling Patty put her in more danger than she already is?"

"She's going to move away, so we have to break up!"
"Barry, you can be at her new home in a minute, if anyone can handle long distance relationships, it's you."

BFIB

Why did the writers not deal with an emotional fallout considering she in a round about way, helped kill tens of thousands w/ the nuke?

The ending was about her not leaving him like everyone else.

I mean sure, hate the character all you want, but that's what it was about.
It's not about me hating her, it just makes the final scene lose any impact. If she shows up at the end in the lair showing him solidarity that would be good. Her showing up prior to that at the grave randomly does nothing.

morningbus

It's not about me hating her, it just makes the final scene lose any impact. If she shows up at the end in the lair showing him solidarity that would be good. Her showing up prior to that at the grave randomly does nothing.
It reinforces that she is there for him personally and as the Arrow.

The grave scene is a fairly standard trope in that the character gets a few moments to monologue to a headstone then a support character comes in to help give the character some additional perspective. This happens all the time.

It losing impact by her mere presence is totally on you.

I know you guys have been waiting since last night for this... I now offer the definitive Arrow seasons ranking:

1. Arrow season 2
2. Arrow season 1
3. Arrow season 4
4. Arrow season 3

And now I present the full Arrowverse:
editor's note: I have not watched Constantine.

1. Arrow season 2
2. Flash season 1
3. Arrow season 1
4. Flash season 2
5-T. Legends of Tomorrow season 1
5-T. Supergirl season 1
5-T. Arrow season 4
8. Arrow season 3
9. Vixen season 1

This list is definitive and unarguable. I will not be taking any questions at this time, thank you.

Why did the writers not deal with an emotional fallout considering she in a round about way, helped kill tens of thousands w/ the nuke?

What emotional fallout ?
It not her fault and she try her best to stop it but it happen .
Then she help save billions a short while later .

Of course some people would react different but some would act that way .

It reinforces that she is there for him personally and as the Arrow.

The grave scene is a fairly standard trope in that the character gets a few moments to monologue to a headstone then a support character comes in to help give the character some additional perspective. This happens all the time.

It losing impact by her mere presence is totally on you.
Nope. You need that moment alone for Oliver and him trying to move on with the mayoral campaign to maintain the tone of the ending. It makes everything seem more lonely for him since they cut away to the rest of the cast right after. Then when going for the final shot in the lair, you have Felicity showing up and not leaving Oliver behind which let's it be more hopeful. That makes more sense than her randomly appearing at the grave and then again a couple of minutes later appearing in the lair.

Briarios

They probably left it without a real cliffhanger because it's all irrelevant after The Flash stuff. Soft reboot next season? Lol

I do wish Oliver didn't have to kill Dahrk, but to be fair -- it was a non-powered guy vs powered, he really didn't have a choice. And, after the fact he detonated a nuke on American soil, I can't imagine anyone would be really torn up about it.

I have a feeling there will be fallout from it, though ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom