• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did card dude basically beat the elevator down to hidden floor. And how did he know about hidden floor?

4668425-9567555014-P8tJI.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Diggle was channeling some Bale-Batman this episode.

Also, while I don't really mind his helmet, I think they should have gone for something more simplistic like a mask like the Question's, where there are only vague facial features and not even the eyes are visible.

They need to move on with the Flashback. It's getting convoluted
All it takes was some CW drama for Malcolm to agree
I really think Sara's resurrection was supposed to happen last season with the announcement of new CW show

Pit is gone. Meh
I was looking forward for an actual Ra's
Just glad Sarah is back

BBboy20

1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

And lastly, there were some great shots in the episode of the new Green Arrow suit. The old costume is hard to look at now, weirdly enough. Big improvement.
Even with the armor, it still comes off looking like a casual t-shirt. He could possibly wear it with a casual jacket and most probably wouldn't notice.

Next episode: Lance is about to shoot Sarah when when hear a familiar Scouse accent say "I wouldn't do that if I were you, mate. It'll be a might trickier to solve her problem when she's dead." Lance turns around and we see him him facing a shadowed, cigarette smoking, trenchcoat wearing, figure. Lance then asks "Who are you?" The figure takes one last puff of his cigarette, throws it on the ground and stomps on it. the mystery man then raises his blonde head, looks straight at the camera with a cocky smile and says "My name is John Constantine. I'll drive your demons away." Cue Arrow Title card except it bursts into flames while the Constantine theme plays.
ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr.gif

jb1234

It's really hard to take Laurel seriously as a character when she's only behaving this way because they need Sara alive for their spinoff. It's shit-poor writing, the sort of thing that sunk season 3.

Honestly while I do think the Nanda Parbat parts were weak, I think a lot of us still have a bitter taste from anything related to Season 3 so any good points(probably anything dealing with Malcolm and Nyssa) may get glossed over. I'll rewatch it tomorrow.

Probably would've been better if Malcolm tried to resurrect her to please Thea alone instead of assassinating Laruel's character. Thea...no real problems besides getting strung along by Malcolm and Laruel.

Maybe flashbacks are inspired by the Green Latern and Green Arrow stories where Green Arrow fights against ruthless people who step on other people. Maybe he will make the decision to save Star City this time.

Next episode: Lance is about to shoot Sarah when when hear a familiar Scouse accent say "I wouldn't do that if I were you, mate. It'll be a might trickier to solve her problem when she's dead." Lance turns around and we see him him facing a shadowed, cigarette smoking, trenchcoat wearing, figure. Lance then asks "Who are you?" The figure takes one last puff of his cigarette, throws it on the ground and stomps on it. the mystery man then raises his blonde head, looks straight at the camera with a cocky smile and says "My name is John Constantine. I'll drive your demons away." Cue Arrow Title card except it bursts into flames while the Constantine theme plays.

This would be amazing actually.

Decent episode, but I don't accept a tech genius like Felicity to just ignore her phone going all matrix. It's out of character for her to ignore something like that...

carlsojo

Halfway through the episode.

Loved the spar between Nyssa and Malcolm.

Seeing the meta get taken down a peg by Darhk was satisfying. He looked pretty freaked out.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
How did card dude basically beat the elevator down to hidden floor. And how did he know about hidden floor?

It's DILF-force that's how! I'd take his ace of spade anyway.

Good episode, but this Thea/Laurel/Thriller Sara and Malcom story needs to go.

I like Mr. Terrific and Felicity! Ship em! Felicity went all CoD on him!

Ollie and Diggs are back together. May they never break up again.

the whole episode i was wondering why the fuck felicity was calling michael holt curtis

turns out they pointlessly changed his name for the show

carlsojo

The Laurel/Sara plotline actually reminds me a lot of Pet Semetary and Laurel being so hellbent on bringing Sara back actually creeps me out more than anything. Let's see what happens next!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah I thought it was well known that Legends of Tomorrow was starting in January. It's on the wikipedia page.

Skux

I'm glad Nyssa destroyed (or poisoned or something) the Lazarus Pit. There's only so many times you can bring characters back from the dead before it becomes meaningless (see: Heroes).

TheOddOne

- CBR: Goyer Comments on "Constantine's" Cancellation, "Arrow" Cameo.
“I loved ‘Constantine,'” Goyer said. “In retrospect, I don’t think it should have been on NBC. I think it was the wrong channel and I’m sure they probably agree with that as well.”
“I adore Matt [Ryan] and I think he is the definitive depiction of the character, and I think it is super cool that ['Arrow' executive producers] Greg [Berlanti] and Andrew [Kreisberg] brought him into that show."

Khezu

Should have just had the time traveler dude use magic time travel bullshit to save everyone's life a second before they died and not wasted several episodes of both Arrow and Flash for setup.

But I guess this is better marketing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Should have just had the time traveler dude use magic time travel bullshit to save everyone's life a second before they died and not wasted several episodes of both Arrow and Flash for setup.

But I guess this is better marketing.

I think it's better to do it in Arrow first, otherwise you run the risk of having to explaining everything after the fact, which is worse than just showing it. But using Laurel to do something stupid (again) is tiresome.

Should've just had Malcolm secretly resurrect her during the break in some pre-planned ace-up-his-sleeve plot.

Chariot

Oh my god, I didn't hate Felicity this episode. She worked pretty well, including the jokes with Terrific. Laurel was terrible tho. Goddamnit, Laurel, you were on a good way last season, what happened.

Oh my god, I didn't hate Felicity this episode. She worked pretty well, including the jokes with Terrific. Laurel was terrible tho. Goddamnit, Laurel, you were on a good way last season, what happened.

Agreed all the way. It's like they have to character asassinate one person in order for another to be good. It was the opposite all of last season.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
can someone give me a quick breakdown of what i need to know from S4 Arrow in regards to the Legends of Tomorrow stuff?

also, which episode of Arrow will be the Flash crossover episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom