• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Double Down beating them to the lair when they took an elevator and he took the stairs had me cracking up. I get how he found them, it was just hilarious. Also, Felicity just shrugging off that her phone looked like the credits for The Matrix...I mean that isn't normal, you're a computer genius...seems weird to shrug that off.

Decent episode. Glad we got Diggle and Ollie drama resolved, and Sara is finally back.

I love how Curtis is basically how Felicity was in Season 1. I actually really enjoy their interactions together. I hope they plan on keeping his character around for awhile. Also was a fan of how despite actually helping out, Merlyn still used lies, trickery and sent his own people to be slaughtered.

Yeah... Not a fan of Goyer.

Also can't say I like how they're going about having Laurel do this and basically sacrificing her character again for the sake of Legends of Tomorrow which feels like the only reason it's happening, because it probably is regardless of how much I liked Sara. Setting up the spin off seems to be the primary purpose of the first eight episodes of both shows which might or might not be a good thing given it gives them a bit more to focus on for the first eight episodes, maybe it'll help the 15 that follow. *shrug*

That opening with Felicity hacking a fucking grapple skidder though... Really? I had fun with the episode and I can let the other dumb stuff slide but that made me blurt outloud "really?!" Mid laughing at how insultingly stupid that was. Also waited for Oliver to comment on how maybe going out in the field bare armed isn't the best idea but it never came.

Wait, why are we acting like it isn't Ray in the phone?

I don't know, I thought it was the obvious answer. It's dumb how little Felicity paid attention to it but I imagine it'll pay off next week.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm fine with them using the first 8 to set up Legends. These are 22 episode shows. These episodes are very prone to being filler. It's nice to have episodes that will pay off in a big way, even if it is on another show.

Looks like HIVE is bigger than Dhark too. Vandal Savage baby.

ZeroX03

Banned
Was there something written on Felcity's phone that last shot? I couldn't make anything out.

Her name.

B6QXkpf.jpg

Magwik

Banned
Yeah, NBC wasn't the right fit

I honestly think it would have been better served on SyFy or something.
Ironically NBC own SyFy and they actually had a Constantine marathon on the channel at some point (probably to gauge interest in the show). With Defiance cancelled maybe SyFy could pick it back up.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ironically NBC own SyFy and they actually had a Constantine marathon on the channel at some point (probably to gauge interest in the show). With Defiance cancelled maybe SyFy could pick it back up.

I think all the Constantine contracts are well and truly expired. Would be a lot more than simply picking it up, it'd have to be a full scale revival.

that's a samsung right?

Think it's an S3. They're inconsistent with phones on this show, they don't like showing operating systems or branding and just use cheap quick renders.

LOL at Sara looking like she's just sleeping and not been dead for what? A year plus?

Not a bad episode overall though. The card guy reminded me of the guy from Hellsing. Couldn't stop thinking back to it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I miss the early days when you'd see an Android phone at a distance then it'd do a random, unnecessary close-up of a Windows phone.

ZeroX03

Banned
Spoilers(?) ______ to appear in Legends of Tomorrow
Well that will be interesting I guess

I, uh, what? i understand why they'd want to use him, but
no relation to Oliver? With the hanging son plot thread? I mean they could say his mother wasn't Sandra Hawke but she clearly is meant to be. And she's biracial but obviously not African American. Weird.
I guess they don't want to step on potential Arrow stories years down the line by making big story commitments.

The casting note points in the opposite direction, but Oliver does have a son in Central City. They could have just pulled his son from the future, kinda like a Trunks DBZ type of thing.

They don't need to pull characters from the future. They can just travel to the future.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm fine with them using the first 8 to set up Legends. These are 22 episode shows. These episodes are very prone to being filler. It's nice to have episodes that will pay off in a big way, even if it is on another show.

Looks like HIVE is bigger than Dhark too. Vandal Savage baby.

the first 8 episodes of S4 are leading into Legends?

what do i need to know from Arrow before LoT? i'm not planning on watching this season

ZeroX03

Banned
the first 8 episodes of S4 are leading into Legends?

what do i need to know from Arrow before LoT? i'm not planning on watching this season

That you need to watch this season.

The crossover is not like last year. It's a full blown, Legends related two parter. The Legends characters are being (re-)introduced in the episodes leading up to the crossovers.

ZeroX03

Banned
Even without the Pit, I'm sure they'll find a way to kill Sara and bring her back for a 4th time.

They should show us Sara Diggle in Legends!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That you need to watch this season.

The crossover is not like last year. It's a full blown, Legends related two parter. The Legends characters are being (re-)introduced in the episodes leading up to the crossovers.

wahhhhhh

ok :/ at least i only have to watch 8 episodes

it's the comic book tie in event bullshit all over again

Joni

The initial opening fight of Malcolm and Nyssa was awesome

The terrible lies are back. They got rid of them too soon.

And why aren't they keeping secrets anymore?

This was the first episode of Arrow that I was consistently entertained by in a while. Reminded me a lot of season 2, especially with Laurel being the worst written character in the bunch.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wish Constantine was on netflix or hulu so I could give it a watch before he pops up on Arrow.

Yeah, it sucks that NBC doesn't even have it on Hulu at least. I still need to watch the last two episodes of Constantine.

I'm glad the pit is gone. Like Merlyn showed after his fight with Nyssa, it removes tension of serious injury or death for the characters. Obviously if they really want to bring someone back, they'll find a new pit or something but I'm glad the known one is gone. I mean even before the pit we had a lot of characters who were presumed dead, but came back.

LOL at Sara looking like she's just sleeping and not been dead for what? A year plus?

Not a bad episode overall though. The card guy reminded me of the guy from Hellsing. Couldn't stop thinking back to it.

I was hoping there would be a little more oomph to the reveal. Like actually showing the corpse regenerating instead of just a "well, it's not working... oh nevermind lol" moment. But I guess that probably wouldn't fit in the budget.

infi

Another enjoyable episode, I'm liking this season so far.

If Thea needed to kill Ra's to fix herself because he killed her does that mean Sara just needs to off Malcolm to be back to normal?

Thea not being able to get rid of her bloodlust without killing people every few weeks makes me think it was her grave we saw Ollie at last episode.

The writers are just enjoying winding up part of their audience with Felicity's hacking now.

It was strange Felicity didn't seem to think her phone showing that screen was a big deal until it said her name. I assume that message was from Ray and now we start the arc to get him back.

I'm liking the smart guy who works for felicity, hopefully he'll be around a while.

Nice to see Diggle and Ollie sort out their issue with each other.

I really would have liked to see Ra's versus Darhk. The former was shown to be an insanely good fighter (except when he inexplicably wasn't), but he still just sticks to conventional weapons and martial arts. How would have have dealt with straight up magic?

If Thea needed to kill Ra's to fix herself because he killed her does that mean Sara just needs to off Malcolm to be back to normal?
Technically, Thea killed Sara, so I assume this is some sort of Merlyn plot to have Sara off Thea, which in his mind is him doing Thea a favor by ending her bloodlust.

Kyoufu

I have a feeling Thea will be killing Malcolm at the end of the season to cure her bloodlust.

How would that work? Her bloodlust can only be cured by killing Ra's. He's already dead.

Thea or Felicity definitely kick the bucket this season. I'm still leaning towards Felicity...

...but...

What if Sara kills Thea to cure herself? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom