• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Yeah I mean they were good and relevant in season 2 but they are neither of those things in 3 or 4.

I think 4 will get relevant... eventually. I think I remember there being a temple waaaay back in S1 that you see for just a few seconds. I wouldn't be surprised it that came into play with Darhk's powers.

Menaged

Can someone please link me to the episode 3 synopsis?
I can't for the life of me find it with Google.

Edit: The funny images one

ZeroX03

Banned
So what if Diggle was just wearing his mask to get used to the feel before he puts on the Helmet... of Fate?

images

The real reason behind Constantine's arrival. I want to dig it.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Uh.. Wozzly:

Ollie and Barry spooning? That's too easy, after all Oliver took a fist arrow from Lance.

Ohhhh I like what I'm seeing and potentially smelling. Let's just hope Diggle didn't just finish a Big Belly burger.

Luigi87

Does anybody even enjoy or want to see the flashbacks anymore?

I've been thinking about it, and... Nope.

I mean apparently this is supposed to build up to how Ollie is aware of the existence of mysticism, but... meh. There's all this tension yet we know he'll be perfectly fine, considering the present. I mean we knew in seasons 1 & 2 he'd be fine in the end, but it was interesting to see how he started off in season 1, and how everything developed with Slade in season 2, but since then...

This has been a pretty solid season so far, even though a big chunk of this season of Arrow and The Flash have been to setup Legends of Tomorrow. The Ray Palmer teases are cool and McDonaugh has so much more on-screen presence than Manuel from Fawlty Towers who was the villian last season.

New lair is cool.

Penguin

This has been a pretty solid season so far, even though a big chunk of this season of Arrow and The Flash have been to setup Legends of Tomorrow. The Ray Palmer teases are cool and McDonaugh has so much more on-screen presence than Manuel from Fawlty Towers who was the villian last season.

New lair is cool.

It's weird, I usually feel like all this set-up would be distracting, but what it does is make the first arc seem more focused for both shows

At least to me.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's weird, I usually feel like all this set-up would be distracting, but what it does is make the first arc seem more focused for both shows

At least to me.

It'd be throwaway villains, secrets and plot stagnation otherwise. The first seven episodes are always the weakest. I'm totally down for it - especially if Legends continue as an anthology show with a new team - but it would probably be a lot less fun if you didn't watch all three shows.

cocopuffs

Banned
Man even if Laurel doesn't suck as much as she did in the past seasons, this whole bringing back Sarah from the dead thing pisses me off.

Like come on, aside from the whole stretch of believability thing a bit, doesn't she know that its kinda fucked to bring back someone from the dead after they've been in a grave for like a year. Doesn't she realize how that could fuck up Lance emotionally and psychologically seeing a revived now-crazy dead daughter? Laurel, why the fuck are you so dumb?

All I'm saying is that this rising from the dead stuff is a little fucked even for Arrow.

Ricker

Pretty obvious what Constantine will help with to me...might be wrong though but we shall see... ;) I have not been deep into the whole DC universe for years so it was a surprise for me when I saw Constantine in that trailer and hearing he will appear in Arrow lol...

ZeroX03

Banned
Pretty obvious what Constantine will help with to me...might be wrong though but we shall see... ;) I have not been deep into the whole DC universe for years so it was a surprise for me when I saw Constantine in that trailer and hearing he will appear in Arrow lol...

They already mentioned what he would be joining the show for when it was first announced

Just saw StaticJam got himself banned. ArrowGaffers always bite it at the worst times.

Future

Does anybody even enjoy or want to see the flashbacks anymore?

No one has any idea what the connection is. Season 1-2 it was how did he go from punk kid to bad ass. How did he get off the island. How did he piss off and then escape slade. All natural questions from the present narrative

Now the present narrative is all self contained with no more mysteries that can be answered from the past. So now the past stuff just an alternate story without any real twists or relevance to anything. They really should have introduced more cast in the present that he already knew so they could build a past story to reveal some of the mysteries

ZeroX03

Banned
No one has any idea what the connection is. Season 1-2 it was how did he go from punk kid to bad ass. How did he get off the island. How did he piss off and then escape slade. All natural questions from the present narrative

Now the present narrative is all self contained with no more mysteries that can be answered from the past. So now the past stuff just an alternate story without any real twists or relevance to anything. They really should have introduced more cast in the present that he already knew so they could build a past story to reveal some of the mysteries

Well there are mysteries to answer... They're just in Russia.

I don't think learning about magic on the island was their original game plan. I know the first two years were planned up until waking up on Hong Kong but this seems to be a new direction to account for supernatural stuff they never intended for.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I stayed up late to finish off season 2. Overall it was really good. I liked it more than season 1 for the most part aside from some of the drawn out drama re: secrets and I still don't really like Sara but yeah... The last several episodes were really intense!

I stayed up late to finish off season 2. Overall it was really good. I liked it more than season 1 for the most part aside from some of the drawn out drama re: secrets and I still don't really like Sara but yeah... The last several episodes were really intense!

Season 3 is meh................. but it has its moments but Season 4 is amazing back on form ok

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
So I see the fifth episode of Arrow has leaked!

Also Kagari congrats on watching season 2! It's one hell of a experience seeing that first hand without any idea. You're in for some filler next series sadly but there's still a few solid moments in that one.

Tabby

Also Kagari congrats on watching season 2! It's one hell of a experience seeing that first hand without any idea. You're in for some filler next series sadly but there's still a few solid moments in that one.
That's a shame. Especially since we need more ratings if we want to stand a chance of having Constantine back on air.

Cut isn't final anyway. I'll wait a few days.

Nabs

The Constantine curse is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom