• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Favorite season so far?
The villian in s2 was all time.
Laurel and Thea have grown so much as characters since then,.......and Laurel isn't the shit hero she was last season

No doubt season 2 was the best overall. Season 3 did have the best crossover episode though.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
It's easy to get pissed at Laurel but I'd do the exact same thing.

I get why she did it, but she knew how Thea turned out afterward being all crazy and blood thirsty.

Plus she tormented her father by keeping her death a secret. "Hey, Dad! Sara is dead." A year later, "Guess what Dad! I brought Sara back! She just needs time to learn not to be a homicidal zombie!"

Poor Papa Lance :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I might need to rewatch Season 2, the show was definitely firing on all cylinders then. Anybody remember the midseason trailer they put out? They definitely knew how to get the fanbase hyped.

https://youtu.be/uaDb-2XHK5U

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I get why she did it, but she knew how Thea turned out afterward being all crazy and blood thirsty.

Plus she tormented her father by keeping her death a secret. "Hey, Dad! Sara is dead." A year later, "Guess what Dad! I brought Sara back! She just needs time to learn not to be a homicidal zombie!"

Poor Papa Lance :(

This is basically my problem with her and what she did. Now we have to watch it blow up in her face.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Laurel is so wrong for keeping Sara's death a secret AND masquerading around as the Canary and allowing him to think it was Sara long after she had died. That whole thing rubbed me the wrong way, and I say that as someone who is a fan of Laurel.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
To be fair, I think it's easy to rationalize Thea's behavior. With some exceptions, she has never really been shown to be worse than Season 1 Oliver.

For the most part, she is fully there. She just gets overzealous some times.

Now, why they ignored Malcolm and his warning that it would be so, so much worse, you can chalk it up to them not fully trusting him, but it is still on them.

Connor Hawke
incoming on Legends...
but apparently no relation to Oliver.
Such bullshit that they're doing that.

Yeah, mystic shit would be awesome.
Darkh is better than Ra's, but Ra's had a great fight with Oliver (the line "No, you lived your last day" was great). Ra's was a very good villain, but Darhk has something special, maybe the actor who plays him is very good.

The blatant Ra's stunt double completely too me out of that fight.

Grizzlyjin

Makes no fucking sense... such a waste.

Especially since they already established that Oliver has a kid in Central City. If you want to put Connor in the show, you just pluck him from the future and have him join the team.

ZeroX03

Banned
Especially since they already established that Oliver has a kid in Central City. If you want to put Connor in the show, you just pluck him from the future and have him join the team.

Doing that would heavily affect Arrow's future storytelling. That's committing to a huge storyline.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Aside from the flashback stuff and Laurel being bad, season 4 is off to a pretty good start. At least off to a better start than season 3, anyway.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Doing that would heavily affect Arrow's future storytelling. That's committing to a huge storyline.

How? Connor (or whatever his kid is called now) wouldn't be a part of Arrow for a long-ass time, and by the time he's old enough, Arrow will be long over.

ZeroX03

Banned
How? Connor (or whatever his kid is called now) wouldn't be a part of Arrow for a long-ass time, and by the time he's old enough, Arrow will be long over.

Arrow is going to deal with the kid. If they start saying "here he is in twenty years, here's his character trajectory" that's committing Arrow to that. Even if they're not showing him as an adult that direction is there. Why do that when you can just use a random guy?

Flashbacks have already shown how committing yourself to a direction can be detrimental.
Connor Hawke
is just a name, they can still do that storyline.

Tabby

Arrow is going to deal with the kid. If they start saying "here he is in twenty years, here's his character trajectory" that's committing Arrow to that. Even if they're not showing him as an adult that direction is there. Why do that when you can just use a random guy?

Flashbacks have already shown how committing yourself to a direction can be detrimental.
Connor Hawke

If they stick to their plan then Arrow only has this season and the next left. There isn't that much to commit to.

They could just say "Oliver retires in 20 years time, Connor Hawke, his son is the new Green Arrow" and leave everything else super vague.

morningbus

I do wonder what they'll do once they've caught up to the start of the show in the flashbacks.

A part of me would love it if they just started using clips from season 1.

ZeroX03

Banned
If they stick to their plan then Arrow only has this season and the next left. There isn't that much to commit to.

They could just say "Oliver retires in 20 years time, Connor Hawke, his son is the new Green Arrow" and leave everything else super vague.

It's going past five years. Short of ratings collapse it's going for at least six years.

And the point is they shouldn't commit to a storyline, what's the point in that? Whether or not his son becomes Green Arrow is not something they need to say now, and especially not on another TV show.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh right. Was there ever some explanation as to how Oliver had time to make it over to Central City after he joined the League? I watched Flash first so I was like... whatever... but seeing the other side it doesn't make a lot of sense? Maybe I should watch Flash s1 again.

Luigi87

I'm still off put about the continuity timing for the episodes in that in Arrow Felicity and Ray go to a meeting, and then at that meeting (next ep) Ray is shot with an arrow.

...Except between those two episodes is the ep of Flash where Felicity and Ray go to Central City @_@

morningbus

I'm still off put about the continuity timing for the episodes in that in Arrow Felicity and Ray go to a meeting, and then at that meeting (next ep) Ray is shot with an arrow.

...Except between those two episodes is the ep of Flash where Felicity and Ray go to Central City @_@

I believe in that specific case the shows were actually off a week from each other. One show took a week off while the other aired an episode. The two met back up eventually.

Luigi87

I believe in that specific case the shows were actually off a week from each other. One show took a week off while the other aired an episode. The two met back up eventually.

Ahh, okay. I had gotten into the shows just as Arrow s3 and Flash s1 had wrapped up, but I had watched them Flash->Arrow repeat from start to end, which is why I was left confused.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Connor Hawke

They already committed to saying Ollie dies when he's in his 90's according to Reverse Flash. Well, there goes all the tension in any fight ever, right?

LoT is a superhero show about time travel. Any future storyline, they can play off as just one possible outcome. It's silly to think they can't write themselves out of whatever corner they want to. Hell, even The Flash's storyline is technically an alternate universe.

Really the better option would have been to have Malcolm and Slade train Oliver to beat Ra's but keep Roy/Thea/Laurel/Dig/Ray protecting Starling until Ra's came and attacked and THEN Oliver comes back.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Really the better option would have been to have Malcolm and Slade train Oliver to beat Ra's but keep Roy/Thea/Laurel/Dig/Ray protecting Starling until Ra's came and attacked and THEN Oliver comes back.

And not have Ollie appear at the end of that underwhelming Brick storyline, give a bad speech (which he does a lot), and then seemingly fly away.

Penguin

Oh right. Was there ever some explanation as to how Oliver had time to make it over to Central City after he joined the League? I watched Flash first so I was like... whatever... but seeing the other side it doesn't make a lot of sense? Maybe I should watch Flash s1 again.

None whatsoever... so I just kind of rolled with it.

I guess The Flash has time to do what he does because super fast, but Arrow wouldhave to fly to Central City while attempting to kill his friends, I think

Johndoey

Banned
Honestly Brick was a far better villain than Ra's last season he felt more impactful like more of a present physical threat. Ra's was very disconnected from the city.

Nope they never explain that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

You think Slade would be willing to help after what happened? lol

He went during the time he was kidnapping Diggle's wife. Maseo comments that he was gone for a while when he returns.

You think Slade would be willing to help after what happened? lol

Since Slade isn't hopped up on Mirakuru yes. Honestly you could have really had some nice character moments where they actually talked about what really happened. Slade could still hate Oliver's guts for lying and not taking the bullet himself but he wouldn't have to KEEP HIS PROMISH.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Honestly Brick was a far better villain than Ra's last season he felt more impactful like more of a present physical threat. Ra's was very disconnected from the city.

Brick was more interesting than Ra's ever was. I mean his plan was stupid but he was relatively fun as a sneering villain putting Star City into a corner. Shame the actual plot of those episodes was so underwhelming, as well as the general quality of writing every other character on the show. But the idea of giving Roy, Laurel, and Diggle these three or four episodes to try and save the city on their own from a super crime boss? Hey, on paper that's great.

I can't remember a single fucking thing Ra's did of interest beyond stab Ollie on the mountain. Not a single speech stood out. Just "You are Al Sahim... something something marry my daughter something something you are reborn as Al Sahim something something Lazarus Pit something something you are Al Sahim." What a fucking bore....

Oliver being gone was really Roy's time to shine tbh. And it seemed like he was headed to a point where he didn't need Oliver(competency wise) and could've went off on his own post Ra's invasion.

Like tbh there were alot of good ideas and wasted potential in Season 3.

Penguin

Brick was more interesting than Ra's ever was. I mean his plan was stupid but he was relatively fun as a sneering villain putting Star City into a corner. Shame the actual plot of those episodes was so underwhelming, as well as the general quality of writing every other character on the show. But the idea of giving Roy, Laurel, and Diggle these three or four episodes to try and save the city on their own from a super crime boss? Hey, on paper that's great.

I can't remember a single fucking thing Ra's did of interest beyond stab Ollie on the mountain. Not a single speech stood out. Just "You are Al Sahim... something something marry my daughter something something you are reborn as Al Sahim something something Lazarus Pit something something you are Al Sahim." What a fucking bore....

There was the time he dressed as the Arrow to kill someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom