• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Okay, so not exactly my art but I paid this wildly talented artist to draw me some lion king art and when I show people they're like.......isn't that just a cel from the movie? Yeah, it's that good.

If I am allowed to, i'd like to link to it.

That's absolutely OK with me, I love TLK.

Some more stuff I've been doing, thank you for looking, and apologies if it doesn't make your cup of tea.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
do you girls and guys use Photoshop when illustrating?

I was just reading about Manga Studio 5:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANH074Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I use Manga Studio 5 and I recommend it without reservations. It may not be as crammed full with features as Photoshop, but it doesn't need to be - it excels at nearly everything that is needed for digital illustrators and comic artists without bothering with stuff that is only relevant for photo retouching. For that price, it is practically a steal.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's... finally... done... *collapse*

finish__metroid_fanart_by_studiozel-d7pf15p.jpg

Futureman

anyone here ever try to create textures?

This website is pretty awesome...

www.lostandtaken.com

free textures.

BUT I want to try to make some of my own.

These are probably my favorites:
http://lostandtaken.com/blog/2011/9/14/16-free-colorful-watercolor-textures.html

I'm gonna go to Michael's after work and buy some supplies. Here's his note on making these:

These were created by soaking the paper in water and mixing in watercolor paint and food coloring (along with a little fake blood). I then hung them up to dry and if they needed it, touched them up with a sponge.

RurouniZel

anyone here ever try to create textures?

This website is pretty awesome...

www.lostandtaken.com

free textures.

BUT I want to try to make some of my own.

These are probably my favorites:
http://lostandtaken.com/blog/2011/9/14/16-free-colorful-watercolor-textures.html

I'm gonna go to Michael's after work and buy some supplies. Here's his note on making these:

I'll be honest, I've never been able to wrap my head around how painting textures works. Like, take a background texture in a game. Painting them in such a way so they connect ever so perfectly between sets of polygons with no visible distinction... I can't even begin to figure out how they do that. orz

Something I did today, it's for a competition where the theme is a creature and it's watchdog. This is the watchdog and tomorrow I will be doing the creature.
attachment.php

RurouniZel

Starting the comp sketch for the next project. Using in-game reference. Thank God for DSFix allowing me to temporarily reduce the HUD elements to get a good shot.

darksouls_compsketch_by_studiozel-d7vjv3g.jpg

EDIT: Updated progress

v1KaxNt.jpg

Dascu

Hello, you bunch of talented artists.

For the past year and half, I've been working in my spare time on Malebolgia. It's a horror action/adventure game. I don't have a particular site with information (yet) other than this Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157945114

I got greenlit a few months ago and the game is progressing very nicely. However, I think it would boost my marketability if I had some professional logo and artwork to accompany the game. That's why I wanted to ask if there's anyone around here that would be willing to help me out with that and create something for the game.

Reply here or PM me if interested.

Here's also a screenshot or two:

LegendX48

The mask (face?) on that creature reminded me of Wind Waker for some reason :p

There's likely a few people around here that could whip up a cool logo for your game though I don't think I'd do a great job.

In the meantime, another WIP of my color job

14788418307_3becd17b5d_c.jpg

Adding in legs that were not in the original drawing was a pain >.> though I think they came out alright

Is there any accomplished artists on gaf. Not commercial arts but fine arts and non profit related? I feel so alone on this forum. Everyone into art seems to be more into commercial art (which isn't bad just not what I'm into art wise).

Top Bottom