• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Amir0x

Banned
I wouldn't mind a game where I'm a sniper assassin, carefully profiling a vehicle route and finding the best location to take out a target, while still allowing myself time to flee from the scene of the crime.

I'd want it to be real detailed though. You have to be a ghost, you can't leave any evidence.

Not sure that should be an Assassin's Creed 3, but I wouldn't mind a game like that.

MMaRsu

Minamu said:
Rofl, Destructoid gave AC2 a 4.5/10 :lol They must've played a different game altogether.

WTF? I need to read that shit. ROFL.

-edit-

Holy shit what a bunch of talentless idiots @ Destructoid. I have never visited the site and probably won't do it again after speedily reading through that review :lol :lol

Speaking of absolute crap, I don't know what Ubisoft has done to the game's engine, but Jesus Christ is it bad. This game has some of the most puzzlingly bad graphics I have seen on a console this year.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

FrankT

Yea, someone told me about that review last night. Still cannot believe it, but whatever.

Speaking of absolute crap, I don't know what Ubisoft has done to the game's engine, but Jesus Christ is it bad. This game has some of the most puzzlingly bad graphics I have seen on a console this year.

Yea that is a joke. The game is beautiful. Not perfect, but a very good effort for what is here and comparing that to any game this generation.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You have to be a real fucking idiot to give AC2 a 4.5/10. I can't think of any other reason than just going for attention and getting some traffic. With AC1 I'd understand a low score, but not with the sequel which is better than the first one in every aspect.

LCfiner

Ridley327 said:
Maybe we know what happened to Crispin Boyer now.

:lol But Crispin disliked AC1 for all the same reasons we did.

That destructoid review... man, it really is like they played a different game.

Zeliard

:lol

The guy actually complained about having to walk over to fast travel stations in order to fast travel, even though there are several of them placed in deliberately convenient places in each city.

lol said:
Even worse, the game needlessly forces the player to drearily wander the map at certain points. Players cannot simply travel speedily from one city to the next, instead having to first find a "fast travel" station.

What kind of criticism is this?

As a general rule, very poorly-written reviews shouldn't deserve much consideration. This usually puts Destructoid out of the running.

Mana Sin

How much do you guys reckon a place in Monteriggioni would cost? It looks really nice. Possible home for me in about 20 years? I would need to learn Italian though..

I just noticed that after the
Kill Doge 2.0
mission, Ezio rubs the breast of the nun while speaking of succor. o.o He's such a man-whore sometimes. I finally have the fly-swatter trophy, at least.

Almak

Amir0x said:
I wouldn't mind a game where I'm a sniper assassin, carefully profiling a vehicle route and finding the best location to take out a target, while still allowing myself time to flee from the scene of the crime.

I'd want it to be real detailed though. You have to be a ghost, you can't leave any evidence.

Not sure that should be an Assassin's Creed 3, but I wouldn't mind a game like that.
Have you tried Sniper Elite? That description seems pretty close to what the game offers (from what I heard/red about it, haven't given it a try yet myself).

Solo

Amir0x said:

Sounds like Hitman, not AC.

Ranger X

Mana Sin said:
I just noticed that after the
Kill Doge 2.0
mission, Ezio rubs the breast of the nun while speaking of succor. o.o He's such a man-whore sometimes. I finally have the fly-swatter trophy, at least.

Oh well, I would have done the same I guess.

Mana Sin

Ranger X said:
Oh well, I would have done the same I guess.

As would I. It seems that Ezio actually gets laid a lot during the game. Does Desmond experience this too?It might be why he's complaining a bit less about the Animus in this game.

Ranger X

Mana Sin said:
As would I. It seems that Ezio actually gets laid a lot during the game. Does Desmond experience this too?It might be why he's complaining a bit less about the Animus in this game.

hahaha I never seen it that way for some reason. :lol
At least when working on Ezio, it seems Desmond is indeed having a pleasing training!

jett

D-Member
Mana Sin said:

Well Subject 16 alludes to getting laid in the animus. :lol

Mana Sin

jett said:
But does he get paid for it? Desmond needs to learn the pimpin' ways of Ezio.

Perhaps his little speech about how he would
'protect'
Lucy was a sign that Ezio's pimp-tastic skills were also bleeding over?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I find Desmond utterly boring and not appealing as a character. Ubi, I hope you can change my view in the sequels to come.

EzLink

Banned
Kaako said:
I find Desmond utterly boring and not appealing as a character. Ubi, I hope you can change my view in the sequels to come.

100% agreed. He's generic, uninteresting, and lame. Especially compared to Altair and Ezio. I haven't finished AC2 yet, but I have a bad feeling that Desmond will play a much bigger role in the next game :(

Merguson

Banned
Blimblim said:
It's the Auditore tomb.
duckroll said:
Yeah, it's fun. It's an extra tomb sidequest you can do at the Villa town.

Interesting.. I'll check that out once I get enough points..

MMaRsu said:
It's free, you mean is it worth your time?

Yeah I was wondering whether I should spend the points on the map or the other things like throwing knives.

.GqueB.

Banned
EzLink said:
100% agreed. He's generic, uninteresting, and lame. Especially compared to Altair and Ezio. I haven't finished AC2 yet, but I have a bad feeling that Desmond will play a much bigger role in the next game :(
His hoody sucks too.

Ridley327

Merguson said:
Yeah I was wondering whether I should spend the points on the map or the other things like throwing knives.

You'll have more than enough points to spend on every reward, so don't feel bad about splurging. The Family Crypt is definitely worth your time if you're interested in Ezio's back story.

Just got the game - I heard you can play with the spoken language in Italian and English subs - how do you turn this on? I can't find it in the options

Talon

Revengeance said:
Just got the game - I heard you can play with the spoken language in Italian and English subs - how do you turn this on? I can't find it in the options
Options for voice are on the start menu.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Something I found interesting though was the cut on the lip of Desmond as well as Ezio. It was almost identical I think. It becomes really apparent when Ezio has a
trimmed beard at the end of the game.

Ridley327

Revengeance said:

The subs are based on what country your 360 is in, so all you need to do is switch the language. You can only do that from the front-end menu, though.

Amir0x said:
For setting in ACIII, do they HAVE to go forward in time? Personally seeing the statues of the various Assassin's in the room in ACII, I'd want to play as some of them. Some of them seem badass.

Maybe there'd be some reason they would need to go further back in time, something obscured by the mist. I don't know.

Story wise it wouldn't matter, but I wonder how they will take care of the gameplay changes. Granted, some of the codex pages showed Leo how to make Ezio's tools.

whatever they do, I just want a whip/grapple/chain as a weapon/tool in the next game.

jett

D-Member
.GqueB. said:
His hoody sucks too.

Maybe in the next game he'll get a more Eagle-like hoody like his ancestors. :p Then again he runs into the problem of looking like the douche from Prototype.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i need help with something. i'm on a boat and a dialog box keeps popping up saying there's a chest with money in it. i'm assuming i need to get inside?

Ranger X

DeathNote said:
i need help with something. i'm on a boat and a dialog box keeps popping up saying there's a chest with money in it. i'm assuming i need to get inside?

Maybe that chest you see is the pop up telling your there's more money in your chest at the Villa.

MMaRsu

DeathNote said:

What kind of boat?

Struct09

Quick question - what do I get by doing races? Do I need to complete them all to get all the achievements? I love everything about this game so far except those damn races :mad:

jett

D-Member
Struct09 said:
Quick question - what do I get by doing races? Do I need to complete them all to get all the achievements? I love everything about this game so far except those damn races :mad:

Races are awesome, man. :/ You get money, obviously, and the sense of satisfaction that you've done all the missions in the game! I wish there were _more_ races, not just one per city. That's kinda lame.

I don't know if there is a trophy/achievement involved.

BeeDog

So, haven't had much time playing this, but so far it's fun (just got the suit, pretty early I assume :p ). Got a question though; are there any missable trophies, and if yes, can anyone point me in the right direction? Since this game's supposed to me enormous, I really don't wanna miss them. Thanks, and sorry if it has been asked.

gillFTR

I missed the kicking someone on the flying machine trophy is there anyway to do it again without having to replay the game.

LCfiner

gillFTR said:
I missed the kicking someone on the flying machine trophy is there anyway to do it again without having to replay the game.

that's the one that you can't go back and get. you need to go back to an old save if you don't get it.

Ranger X confirmed this, I believe.

Struct09

jett said:
Races are awesome, man. :/ You get money, obviously, and the sense of satisfaction that you've done all the missions in the game! I wish there were _more_ races, not just one per city. That's kinda lame.

I don't know if there is a trophy/achievement involved.

I simply don't enjoy them. I'll skip them, and if I ever feel like getting 100% I'll return and finish them up.

BeeDog

LCfiner said:
that's the one that you can't go back and get. you need to go back to an old save if you don't get it.

Ranger X confirmed this, I believe.

Since the game autosaves (ugh), is there a way to know when you get this mission? So I can backup the save if possible, or something.

Animator

My favorite part of that destructoid review is how the reviewer complains the game forces the player to play the game instead of showing a cutscene. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
BeeDog said:
Since the game autosaves (ugh), is there a way to know when you get this mission? So I can backup the save if possible, or something.

The first time you use the flying machine for real, that's the only time you actually use it. So get it then.

LCfiner

BeeDog said:

I'm not there yet but I read there is only a single flying machine mission. so when you get it, have your finger on the power button if you don't kick a guy before the mission ends. :lol

Top Bottom