• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed to February 14, 2025

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Then why was there such a massive media push for it?
the reaction to the media push, especially as perceived by the executives, is why it has been delayed.

That simply means the marketing window for how they were marketing the game was remaining the based on the belief that some sort of internal issue with the game could have been resolved by the time they came to the next Press event

Keep in mind I literally work for a company where this happens all the time, As in a function announced to be released by a certain date, We start to market it at events, We know there's an issue internally that the developers are working on , We believe it'll be worked out before specific date

If by the time that issue is not actually corrected and it looks like it will take longer before we launch it, it actually makes no sense to go forward with a Press event that might be going on the very next day or something, So it ends up getting removed as a slide in regards to any type of marketing presentation.

The biggest problem I'm having with a lot of this is folks overreacting almost every fucking thing going on around this game that literally happens in the industry all the time

Games get delayed

I recall when Far Cry 5 got delayed people tried to make the same crazy idea that it must be people's reaction in the controversy they were talking about that cause the delay and all they wanted to do was insure the game was bug free

But lots of people got this idea that it must be about their "petitions" and their feelings regarding Far Cry 5 lol

The game still ended up releasing with the things that triggered them and broke tons of records.

So ultimately, Marketing something and then delaying it does not mean it did not have internal issues it merely means they believed those internal issues would be corrected by certain date.

Keep in mind, when I say "I don't see much wrong with it" in regards to issues, I never played the full game, this is merely based on what I see, but internally they likely have issues they wanted to merely patch post release and the publisher now felt warranted a delay.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I still don’t get the touting of the whole dual protagonist schtick. They already did it in 2015 with Syndicate and the Frye twins. And you could pretty much switch on the fly too if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I still don’t get the touting of the whole dual protagonist schtick. They already did it in 2015 with Syndicate and the Frye twins. And you could pretty much switch on the fly too if I remember correctly.

I think the like the idea of players getting to play both instead of either or.

Cause it seems to be more like a class based type thing, like one is the heavy that can break things and the other is the light, sneaky one that can do stealth things etc.

Maybe they felt with Valhalla, with how long the game is, most will not actually do some other playthru to see how being a female or male would change, so they wanted to have that available to be swappable from the start or something.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
They Hoping people get tired of hating on the game and live on to another game so they can sneak out a release without a pr nightmare.

EDMIX

They Hoping people get tired of hating on the game and live on to another game so they can sneak out a release without a pr nightmare.
Not at the cost of millions lol

Look, folks who dislike this game were never going to buy it and any news about it will have them making rage bait videos on Youtube, a delay won't really change that, I think this has more to do with them wanting a more solid game at release as they see they can't really get away with a release with issues regarding functionality and if the issue is big enough a delay must happen.

We saw this with Far Cry 5, a delay wasn't magically going to get that hate mob away from the game, yet the game released just fine after the delay.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The problem is that past protagonists could pass freely from stealth to combat and they were optimal for both playstyles.

Now you have a dude who make noise when he walk, make noise during stealth attacks, is more visible, can't do faith jumps etc and a chick who is kinda useless against armoured\big enemies.

So before every mission you have to chose if you wanna go stealth or tank instead of how itwas before where you adapt to the situation.

I never liked this shit, i want to go freely from combat to stealth and viceversa without specialized characters, no other ac games has ever done that.

Top Bottom