• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed to February 14, 2025

Wooxsvan

big dick energy: the game

tBsz95.gif
ya this game is gonna slay 2025 until GTA 6

Kacho

Jesus Christ this is like Unity 2.0. They came back strong after that with Origins and Odyssey. Hope we get a repeat of that.

Never a dull moment in this crazy ass industry.

Roni

After GoY's reveal, 2025 is a shit release date... They must be on such shaky ground that they can't afford Shadows to flop like everything else. Not sure it matters much at this point though...

Mownoc

Ubisoft is actually cooked. And I'm one of the people that actually like their conveyor belt by the numbers open worlds games.

GymWolf

Gold Member
ya this game is gonna slay 2025 until GTA 6
I can easily see 10-15 mil of copies in a few weeks, if they also have a switch2 version ready, you can probably add another 10-15 mil copies.

Probably the best selling game of 2025 by a long shot if you don't consider gta6.

I don't think shadows or sushima 2 are gonna have the same numbers.

This is disappointing. I'm all for them taking the time they need, but realistically what are they thinking they can achieve in, what? 3 months I think? Which includes the Christmas break?

LMJ

What Ubisoft flat out lie about?

My apologies for the delay

They have either lied by omission or as I've said straight up lied about the situation in Japan, from the so called Japanese expert who it turns out came from Sweet baby Inc to the lying to shareholders about the positive reception of the game, to the fact that they fell back on the "well it's a fictional game guys" when the release trailer stated otherwise regarding Yuskue and whether or not he was a samurai or even black lol

This gentleman doesn't seem to have a political bias and is just a bi-lingual Japanese gamer, he covers it fairly well

Here's the thing, I don't really care how this game turns out, I find the AC line to have become mindlessly dull (like most of Ubi's work sadly) but show some professionalism, admit you fucked up apologize A REAL FUCKING APOLOGY none of this backwards but guys its fiction shit and move the hell on!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL diversity my ass.
Game is made at UBI office in Quebec City. Demographic check says the city is 90% white, 4% black and 6% other background.

The Quebec City metro area is about 800,000 people and the number of Japanese people is estimated at 500.

Last edited:
I'm sure the incredible development team is going to use these 3 months to their fullest and completely improve every fuck-up they did in the past 7 years of development on the game

QyMjRfU.jpeg
👌

Can you pull up the source for this? I'm pretty sure I saw at least 3 or 4 male heads of development in the last dev diary or making of BTS.

… more time to work on the weather system. Weather in a game! This thing will sell gangbusters even with fiddy in the lead role.

LMAO now all Sony has to do if they want to do an assassination of their own is announce Ghost of Yotei is also releasing in February

They won't, it's probably planned for late 2025

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can you pull up the source for this? I'm pretty sure I saw at least 3 or 4 male heads of development in the last dev diary or making of BTS.
I saw this pic yesterday when I googled ubi Quebec employee photos. That pic isn’t an ass creed shadows pic. That was one of those corporate women in power kind of photos. There’s also other ones I posted yesterday but you can find them in google unless ubi deleted them the past 24 hours.

Last edited:

hussar16

they need time for polish because its a big ip and setting, well maybe ubisoft should have done delays for avatar and star wars outlaws to because tht was a big setting to and those games were mediocare

RCX

Nice of them to publicly admit they planned to release an unfinished game for full price players to beta-test and finance towards a finished product.

Now fix it by making the female protagonist black as well.

I double dare you.
😂

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

There are cherry-picked photos of Ubisoft Montreal when they gather all their female employees together for a Women's Day celebration or promote women in tech.

Here are a bunch of them on Google Images.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

Yea it seems like some kind of cherry-picked photo from some event when a company is celebrating their women employees. For example, Ubisoft as a whole, according to their website, is only 25% women. And of course a game this size, even done by one studio (Quebec), would have way, way more people working on it.

Just outrage bait.

I wonder what it could be that’s causing these failures? It couldn’t be the Dev team, they were obviously hired based on talent and skill, because why wouldn’t you hire based on those merits. It couldn’t be the inclusion of social issues, because everybody loves being reminded of that at the end of the day when they want to relax and escape reality for a while. Probably nothing to do with ignoring fans or gaslighting an entire culture. What the fuck could it be? I don’t think they’ll find anything.

Lunarorbit

Can't wait for ghost of yotei to come out and fuck this games world up. The only thing ubisoft understands is money; i know that sounds trite but besides embracer they seem like they have no depth to their greed.

Man I hope ghost comes out in March. I bet ubisoft is begging ps not to release it early in the year. Fuck em.

bundylove

Imagine GOT2 comes out the same time lol.

Holy shit what is going on in the gaming industry?

Bunch of remakes , remasters and stupid game delays left and right. From GTA6 to this to switch 2 delay....

The industry got destroyed by thes woke lunatics just like they destroyed movies and shows. Bullshit hires based on skin color, which is nothing more than reversed racism, and woke bullet points to cater to current politics.

My dad owned several video stores, i watched everything i could, but i turned away from movies and shows and only entertain myself with games. But even here the agenda continues and now i start to give up on them too.

So i am very glad the industry is falling apart much quicker than i thought.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Damn, was not expecting this. That's a lot of games being delayed to February.
lol I like how both Kingdom Come: Deliverance II and this where suppose to release in Fall and ended up with a February 2025 release date instead lol

2025 with AC Shadows, Ghost of Yotei, Death Stranding 2, KCD2, GTAVI....that is going to be a legendary fucking year

Haha ofcourse they came crawling back! Happy to have them back

Now get rid of denuvo drm trash
I never played their stuff on PC, but surprised they even still used any of that DRM stuff

A delay is welcome as this fall is fucking packed and if they want more time, that is the best option to correct any technical issues.

Free Expansion is always nice lol

Drake

A few months isn't enough to fix this woke trash. Can't wait to watch this bomb in Feb especially when something like KCD 2 is coming out 3 days prior.

N30RYU

Looks to me that they are relasing it on a harder time frame to blame any other game release for the poor sales it's gonna get

Sybrix

Ubisoft needs to be downsized by at least half.

Assassins Creed & Far Cry should be shelved for at least 5 years.

Release a new focused Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon only. Aim for quality and not quantity.

Sgt.Asher

Ah yes, avoid the controversy and release at the time when far better games are releasing. Easy to blame failure on others.

Top Bottom