• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Skux

Is this true? I've been using some of the stealth boosts but I have wondered how much "takedown noise" and "High Profile Noise" really matters.

It has an effect, but if you're sneaky and stay out of line of sight and don't run past guards, it's not a factor. But it will give you a little more leeway for close calls and to do some flashier moves like air assassinations when guards are nearby.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After progressing the main story a bit more and powering up Arno, I think I'm really starting to warm up to the game. I'm getting used to the controls now, too. Midway through sequence 6 now.

I did find it funny that they talked a bunch of nonsense about having no female co-op options even though you pretty much play a co-op mission with a female NPC in the campaign.

Mogwai

Goddamn this companion app. It's bugged beyond infinity.

Last night I managed to unlock two nomad chests. Now when I try to open them this morning, I can't open either of them.

And 3 of my assassins continues to be permanently locked out due to a bug. They never become available.

*sigh*

Tagg9

After progressing the main story a bit more and powering up Arno, I think I'm really starting to warm up to the game. I'm getting used to the controls now, too. Midway through sequence 6 now.

I did find it funny that they talked a bunch of nonsense about having no female co-op options even though you pretty much play a co-op mission with a female NPC in the campaign.

Yeah, I noticed that.

All they had to do was say that they couldn't afford any scope creep if they were going to deliver the product on time.

To celebrate the one year anniversary of the XBONE, Microsoft have given me a gift.
It's a code to download a pappneheimer Rapier for AC Unity.
I don't have the game so if anybody wants it YQKFX-3WDT3-3P9RH-7HYWH-PK4TZ.

Skux

Last night I managed to unlock two nomad chests. Now when I try to open them this morning, I can't open either of them.

And 3 of my assassins continues to be permanently locked out due to a bug. They never become available.

*sigh*

Same here, it was working okay for me a day or two ago (well it took a few tries to sync and open the chests), but now it's completely stopped. It is a current issue at the Ubi forums http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-All-Platforms-AC-Unity-CURRENT-KNOWN-ISSUES

Braag

Yesterday while playing online one of the other players tried to lockpick a door, his character suddenly teleported few yards away from the door while in the lockpicking animation and his hands were stretched aaaaaall the way from where he was to the door.
I wish I had taken a screenshot but I was laughing my ass off.

Paganmoon

*sigh*

Only time the companion apps unlocks of chests or missions works for me is if I get the unlock while the app is connected to the game. If I get the unlock some other time, when I am not playing the game, and later connect it, the unlock has never synched.

Kabouter

Only time the companion apps unlocks of chests or missions works for me is if I get the unlock while the app is connected to the game. If I get the unlock some other time, when I am not playing the game, and later connect it, the unlock has never synched.

Yeah, same here. I've stopped bothering tbh, I just let an in-app assassin collect the stuff now.

charsace

I recommend it. The stealth bonuses don't really matter if you play stealthy anyway so you're better off getting health in case you get into a fight.

This is not true. You can run around way more and not be spotted when wearing stealth gear. Armor allows you to play more aggressively and be more aggressive in moving as you can jump from higher heights and take less damage.

Can I be invited to the X1 brotherhood? I asked before and didn't get an invite. My GT is Charsace.

Yasae

Banned
Yeah, I noticed that.

All they had to do was say that they couldn't afford any scope creep if they were going to deliver the product on time.
Not having female characters in co-op was not a slight against players regardless. They almost certainly didn't have time to implement it, but they have the creative authority not to ever include the option anyway. That's their call.

How the question ended up being answered is similar to the parity debacle. Truly another "Why?" moment.

SJRB

Gold Member
...but you play as Arno in coop. So even if there were female skins, you yourself wouldn't even see it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Notice how Elise never actually does any parkour besides simple vaults.

...but you play as Arno in coop. So even if there were female skins, you yourself wouldn't even see it.
People always seem to forget this for some reason.

Mogwai

Yeah, seems like the way to go. The times I've unlocked a nomad ches while being in-game worked just fine.

Ubisoft have so high ambitions. Pretty annoying that they fail at so many of them.

Carbonox

I would pay 50 quid to anyone who could do every single riddle on their own without a guide. Christ on a moped they are absurd. Just got one more to do.

Carbonox

I can't believe you missed that either. Direct sequel incoming soon, I like it. (hope it also includes naval stuff with napoleon vs england yeahh)

I would love the shit out of that but yeah it was obvious that at the very least Napoleon had acquired a Precursor item in that cutscene due to the glow and whatnot.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I can't believe you missed that either. Direct sequel incoming soon, I like it. (hope it also includes naval stuff with napoleon vs england yeahh)
Yea the more I think about it the more it seems like this was the start of a soft Arno trilogy.

Braag

If that ends up being the case I really hope they change the setting at least. France was great and one of the settings I always wanted to see in an AC game but I want to visit different locations and eras.
I hope they eventually take the series back in time... like back to medieval times or something.

Jito

Banned
Tried out the coop last night and was not impressed, it feels pretty tacked on for something so heavily advertised. Its just 20 or so coop only missions that require no coop at all and collectible hunting in free roam? I was under the impression my friends and I could do single player stuff whilst being in the same world. Its really not as seamless as I thought requiring invites and loading screens. Really not worth the Unity tag line. Good thing the single player has been good so far but PS4 performance issues make it hard to enjoy fully.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I've enjoyed the coop stuff a lot myself, you get what you give out of it I guess. They're built for coordination but you can run them lone wolf style too.

Have a few sync points left to collect then the Platinum is mine. Loved the game overall, ending included. Shame about the performance though.

Kabouter

If that ends up being the case I really hope they change the setting at least. France was great and one of the settings I always wanted to see in an AC game but I want to visit different locations and eras.
I hope they eventually take the series back in time... like back to medieval times or something.
Since they established in Brotherhood that the Assassins have existed at least since the late Roman Republic, why not even further back than that? Wouldn't mind the series going back to a time before guns.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Since they established in Brotherhood that the Assassins have existed at least since the late Roman Republic, why not even further back than that? Wouldn't mind the series going back to a time before guns.
How about Roman space guns forgotten due to time/plot device?

Cubed

Not to be nitpicky but if you went to the Middle Ages you would basically be in a time before guns. At least before they were prevalent in Europe. Unless you were basically right on the eve of the Renaissance during the Hundred Years' War.

Maybe it's just me, but as a history professor I don't really see any eras they could go back to that would feel very different from the past games... maybe the Roman Empire to show the founding of the Assassins. I know some people want to see some Asian cultures depicted, but I just don't see that happening. I honestly just want to see them keep moving forward.

If they were to keep pushing forward I would like to see an Arno trilogy that goes through the Napoleonic Wars, then a jump to the American Civil War, then WWI, then WWII. After WWII I'm not really sure where you could go without jumping up to modern times, unless you had some of the proxy wars from the Cold War set the stage; but honestly, that would just feel too similar to World War II. I feel like after World War II they should just have a modern-day assassin's creed story.

Kabouter

Not to be nitpicky but if you went to the Middle Ages you would basically be in a time before guns. At least before they were prevalent in Europe. Unless you were basically right on the eve of the Renaissance during the Hundred Years' War.

Maybe it's just me, but as a history professor I don't really see any eras they could go back to that would feel very different from the past games... maybe the Roman Empire to show the founding of the Assassins. I know some people want to see some Asian cultures depicted, but I just don't see that happening. I honestly just want to see them keep moving forward.

If they were to keep pushing forward I would like to see an Arno trilogy that goes through the Napoleonic Wars, then a jump to the American Civil War, then WWI, then WWII. After WWII I'm not really sure where you could go without jumping up to modern times, unless you had some of the proxy wars from the Cold War set the stage; but honestly, that would just feel too similar to World War II. I feel like after World War II they should just have a modern-day assassin's creed story.

Oh, I didn't mean that the middle ages would have guns. Reading my post back I see how it could have read like that. It was just a general statement agreeing with Braag's suggestion of going back in time.

Anyway, they've said they're never going to do a 20th century AC, so no WW1/WW2/Cold War. The chronologically last setting they could plausibly do that I could see would be Victorian London.

Anyway, going back further opens up more options than just Rome. Ancient Greece or Ancient Egypt for instance could be fascinating. And that's just if you opt to stay in the Eurosphere and don't at any point decide to go to Asia (and I can't imagine they're not going to eventually set some major releases in South or East Asia, it would be a shame if they opted not to as well).

Cubed

Oh, I didn't mean that the middle ages would have guns. Reading my post back I see how it could have read like that. It was just a general statement agreeing with Braag's suggestion of going back in time.

Anyway, they've said they're never going to do a 20th century AC, so no WW1/WW2/Cold War. The chronologically last setting they could plausibly do that I could see would be Victorian London.

Anyway, going back further opens up more options than just Rome. Ancient Greece or Ancient Egypt for instance could be fascinating. And that's just if you opt to stay in the Eurosphere and don't at any point decide to go to Asia (and I can't imagine they're not going to eventually set some major releases in South or East Asia, it would be a shame if they opted not to as well).

Didn't know they said no 20th century. Bummer. Though I'm sure milking the franchise could change that.

In regards to places like Ancient Greece, Egypt, Persia, etc. they would need to establish that the Assassins and Templars went further back than the height of the Roman Republic; not that that would be hard, of course.

Kabouter

Didn't know they said no 20th century. Bummer. Though I'm sure milking the franchise could change that.
Eh, I disagree. AC's gameplay isn't suited to the 20th century, since there really isn't a place for stabbing weapons there anymore. I think in terms of post-1900 Assassin's Creed universe, you're going to have to settle for Watch_Dogs (which takes place in the same universe), and you're only likely to get 20th century through glimpses via rifts in AC.

In regards to places like Ancient Greece, Egypt, Persia, etc. they would need to establish that the Assassins and Templars went further back than the height of the Roman Republic; not that that would be hard, of course.
I think they might have actually also established Ancient Persia in AC2 come to think of it, one of those Assassin statues you used to unlock the special armour.

RedAssedApe

Banned
thought initiates sync was supposed to be fixed. pretty sure im at the end of the game and i still can't unlock most of the gold chests...wtf

Paganmoon

Ok, finished main story now, and I'm fucking pissed off. The rest of this post will contain spoilers, also for Watch_Dogs.

They did it, they fucking did what I was afraid they'd do, as posted here on the Arno Master assassin CG trailer thread. They just had to fucking kill Elise for tear jerking, well guess what UBI, it didn't work in Watch_dogs, and it isn't working here, other than pissing me the hell off that you can't have a female character in your game and not killing her off in the end. Geez, that's 2 times in 1 year, same thing. All this does is for the next game they release that'll have a female side-character, all I'm going to be doing is wondering, "wonder if she'll be killed of in this mission or not".

You had a good boss fight, felt rewarding, would've been great ending on that high note, but as soon as the cutscene started, it hit me, oh, this is where she'll die. And sure enough... fucking hell UBI, I'd really would liked to have been on your story sessions "it's important that we have a female side character for <insert game> just make sure she dies in the final act".

This has seriously pissed me off more than the performance issues, and the companion app, and the initiates problems, they all together don't come close... Damn it UBI, why?

Huh?

Neo Member
You know, I haven't noticed that 'on the fly' mission changes that Amancio was talking about.

Where are those?

At the very least, Sequence 7 Memory 2 has one of those.
If you get too far away from that poison seller you're chasing, rather than desyncing you it'll just show one of those green areas on the map where you can go and search for the guy.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
...Which is an intentional choice they never had to make. But they did.

Especially since the co-op missions are completely divorced from the main campaign and any kind of context. I feel like your playing Arno in them actually devalues the importance of the main campaign. Combine that with other immersion-breaking stuff, and the whole Arno story begins to feel like it's not very meaningful at all.

murgo

Great, I haven't had any major issues with the companion chests or missions until now. I have 3 chests and 2 missions unlocked, yet the game still tells me to play missions in the app to unlock them. What the FUCK? Also, where the hell is patch 3?

dex3108

I am very disappointed with new AC Initiates. ACI 1.0 was place for fans with community and soul, ACI 2.0 is Stats page. If they think they will gain more users on ACI they are wrong. Everything we see on ACI page now should be in game. They removed all Stats data from game even though every game before ACU had them. Honestly i don't see bright future for new ACI.

Ok, finished main story now, and I'm fucking pissed off. The rest of this post will contain spoilers, also for Watch_Dogs.

They did it, they fucking did what I was afraid they'd do, as posted here on the Arno Master assassin CG trailer thread. They just had to fucking kill Elise for tear jerking, well guess what UBI, it didn't work in Watch_dogs, and it isn't working here, other than pissing me the hell off that you can't have a female character in your game and not killing her off in the end. Geez, that's 2 times in 1 year, same thing. All this does is for the next game they release that'll have a female side-character, all I'm going to be doing is wondering, "wonder if she'll be killed of in this mission or not".

You had a good boss fight, felt rewarding, would've been great ending on that high note, but as soon as the cutscene started, it hit me, oh, this is where she'll die. And sure enough... fucking hell UBI, I'd really would liked to have been on your story sessions "it's important that we have a female side character for <insert game> just make sure she dies in the final act".

This has seriously pissed me off more than the performance issues, and the companion app, and the initiates problems, they all together don't come close... Damn it UBI, why?

They killed most of the cast in AC4 Black Flag, too, including the two women.

Ferr986

Is it worth making an Uplay account and linking it to this game? I say this because I dont even have an account for it and if its not needed I'll pass. I dont even want to use the companion app. I hate that kind of stuff.

Got the game yesterday, my first AC actually. Not sure how i feel about the single player campaign but I did some coop with friends and it was fun as hell.

Braag

These are the settings I would really like to see.
WW2 would also make an interesting setting though I doubt Ubi would take the series so much forward in time.

They killed most of the cast in AC4 Black Flag, too, including the two women.

Wasn't Anne actually one of the only survivors in AC4?.

Besides in AC:R they also killed Yusuf and in AC3 Kanen'tó:kon.
Killing the supporting character is Ubi's trademark.

monome

All I want is sequel to PoP2008 under the guise of an open world but more action/parkour oriented Ass Game in ancient "whatever".
No guns. More Precursor stuff.

Waiting on some hefty patches to drop before choosing to get This Game on PS4 or X1

You know, I haven't noticed that 'on the fly' mission changes that Amancio was talking about.

Where are those?

As with all Ubisoft marketing, those claims were way overblown. There are a few missions where if you lose a target you're tailing, instead of getting a game over the game will simply pop up a green circle on your minimap and tell you to use Eagle Vision to find the guy again. It seems like there are just as many instant-fail tailing missions, though. The main thing is that, as far as I remember, you're never given a game over for being spotted during a stealth mission. You might end up getting killed because of the more difficult combat, but they never just straight up say "You screwed up, do it again". It's definitely a step in the right direction.

I completely missed that Napoleon Easter Egg. I really hope they don't think Arno deserves his own trilogy, though. His whole life's motivation is over by the end of the game, and he absolutely does not have an ounce of Ezio's charisma. Arno made less of an impression on me than Connor did; at least Connor was fun to hate.

Stat!

I finished the campaign. The over-arching story I thought was pretty okay and then went to downright terrible towards the end. It was so cliche and full of just loose threads that never got picked up.

They never acknowledge anything present day. I was totally happy wit the lack of present day stuff but they bring it up and then you never hear from the voices again I did love the Rift missions and really want a 1850s London or a World War 2 France.

Killing Elise was just plain dumb. They actually had an interesting story and dynamic of the two sides falling in love despite their opposite backgrounds. But they had to kill her for emotions. How come Elise couldn't pushed the stone off Connor and they kill Germain together? Why do they need to kill her? Why can't they form their own brotherhood since they are both not allowed in the Templar/Assassins? This to me is a far better story/ending then what was honestly so cliche. Also, why do the assassins just let Arno leave? Surely, they notice everything going to shit

That being said, I loved Paris. Paris was incredibly detailed and full of life. The amount of people in the crowds were incredible. One of my favourite open worlds ever and on par with GTAV for me. The amount of buildings that you can enter and were fully detailed were incredible. I was really hoping for a revolutionary Paris and was extremely impressed with how lively the world felt.

This has to be some of the best gameplay in the series. The descend button and the crouch for stealth was a welcomed addition. The game controlled well, and the new combat system was a lot of fun. It really made you think about the combat you wanted to avoid. I also love the open-endedness of the missions. For example, you could infiltrate the palace through the side, front-door, back door, roof or even an underground entrance.I hope these return for future games as the non-linearity of these missions were a ton of fun.

Easily my GOTY due to how great Paris is despite some of its usual missteps. There are simply way too many sidemissions. They are incredibly diluted and just not fun. I don't mind some of the more interesting ones but I had one where I had to protect an older woman as she walked slowly 10 minutes and we only had one 30 second combat fight. Also, the amount of collectibles to achieve 100% is simply ridiculous and just not fun. While I have played only some of the co-op, its a lot of fun despite connection issues.

Top Bottom