• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASTRO BOT | State of Play Reveal Trailer

nial

I'm glad, for god sake we dont need EVERY god damn game to be open world, not every type of game benefit from it.
Plus, a simpler experience was for the best here considering that this will be most people's first retail game in the series, since Rescue Mission was PSVR only.

nial

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
He actually talked about that before, and now I realize that these news did not reach this forum.
I think anyone should make a thread, lol.
This makes me confident about this game's quality.

After this game I would LOVE see Team ASOBI make new IP.

nial

This makes me confident about this game's quality.

After this game I would LOVE see Team ASOBI make new IP.
Back in 2022, they talked about diversifying their output in the future, including the creation of different teams that could have a shot for new stuff in completely different genres.
“We created ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission and ASTRO’s PLAYROOM, but Team ASOBI will be more than that,” Nicolas said about Team ASOBI’s future. “Right now we’re in the first phase of building the studio. We currently have over 60 staff and we’re building up to about 80 for our current project, but we plan to have additional teams on the side, incubating new ideas with the same kind of spirit and values, but in completely different genres. Ultimately, we want to keep making games that are really surprising.”
I really hope that they're planning to do an RPG in the future, we need more creative stuff in the genre that doesn't want to be taken seriously all the time, lol. I kinda want something like RPG Time from Aniplex, but with a lot more complexity on its gameplay systems.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Back in 2022, they talked about diversifying their output in the future, including the creation of different teams that could have a shot for new stuff in completely different genres.

I really hope that they're planning to do an RPG in the future, we need more creative stuff in the genre that doesn't want to be taken seriously all the time, lol. I kinda want something like RPG Time from Aniplex, but with a lot more complexity on its gameplay systems.
I want to see to Team ASOBI bring back creative games that we used to back in PS3 days like Tokyo jungle.

PS5 desperately needs better game variety and Team ASOBI is currently the only one in Sony that can pull it off.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Looks like booth babes are making a return but in Asia only.

RRSz5DI.gif

nial

The contrast between Shu Playstation vs Hermen Playstation. Light versus dark, cultured versus "modern-audienced".
???????????????????
Man, I know you have a weird obsession with these two guys, but holy shit...
Do you believe that Shu is the head of SIE Japan or something? Because you're always thanking him for everything Asia-related with PlayStation, yet he doesn't have any say on anything beyond their indie initiative. Sorry to break it to you, but the heads of SIE Japan (SIE Inc.) are Hideaki Nishido AND Hermen Hulst.
But that being said
Shu takes care of indie games and stuff like that. Astrobot ain't that.

I'm sure Herman had a saying on this as well. This is one of the first events that Herman is ahead of...it's probably up to him as well.
Isn't all this happening under Hulst?
Nah, I don't know why people forget the dual-CEO thing, but this is under Hideaki Nishino, as overseeing marketing is one of his responsabilities.

Killjoy-NL

???????????????????
Man, I know you have a weird obsession with these two guys, but holy shit...
Do you believe that Shu is the head of SIE Japan or something? Because you're always thanking him for everything Asia-related with PlayStation, yet he doesn't have any say on anything beyond their indie initiative. Sorry to break it to you, but the heads of SIE Japan (SIE Inc.) are Hideaki Nishido AND Hermen Hulst.
But that being said

Nah, I don't know why people forget the dual-CEO thing, but this is under Hideaki Nishino, as overseeing marketing is one of his responsabilities.
I didn't forget anything, I wasn't aware that Hideaki Nishina guy was responsible for marketing.

Evenso, Astro Bot has been greenlit under Hulst, so he's still involved.

nial

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Astro Bot details from the recent MinnMaxShow via Genki:
  • Team size is 65 people
  • Not designed for PSVR2 at all
  • 80 Levels
  • 15 New abilities
  • 150 Special Bot Cameos
  • Will have characters that are important to PlayStation history
  • Legend of Dragoon and Dark Cloud cameos
  • PaRappa the Rapper will rap
  • 3 or 4 team members worked on Ape Escape
  • They want to hear from PC players that want to play Astro Bot
  • Mark Cerny played it, put the controller down and said "Now this is a game"

Last edited:

nial

3 or 4 team members worked on Ape Escape
Did Nicolas Doucet mention that? So specific that I will think it's yet another tease for a new Ape Escape game.
If he means the mainline games, that's more than I expected; the AE 1-3 teams were pretty contractor heavy (AE1 had a completely different staff from the rest), and the previous Astro Bot games had way more overlap with the Siren 2/Blood Curse, Gravity Rush 1-2 and The Last Guardian development staff.

keefged4

This and FF7 Rebirth will most likely be the only PS games I actually play on PS5 this year. Preordered, Astrobot VR was amazing so excited for this

OverHeat

« generous god »
Astro Bot details from the recent MinnMaxShow via Genki:
  • Team size is 65 people
  • Not designed for PSVR2 at all
  • 80 Levels
  • 15 New abilities
  • 150 Special Bot Cameos
  • Will have characters that are important to PlayStation history
  • Legend of Dragoon and Dark Cloud cameos
  • PaRappa the Rapper will rap
  • 3 or 4 team members worked on Ape Escape
  • They want to hear from PC players that want to play Astro Bot
  • Mark Cerny played it, put the controller down and said "Now this is a game"
I will double dip on PC!!!!!!

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Why the hell would it be released on PC. It is a game that romanticizes PlayStation hardware and games. It is a love letter to everything PlayStation. Only Phil Spencer loves PlayStation more than Astro Bot. Control scheme is probably heavily designed around the DualSense controller, too.
Dunno mate, ask the director.

nial

An Astro Bot demo event will be held in Shibuya on September 7th and 8th, with a Shapes logo bench and more​

(PS5) software "Astro Bot" on September 6, 2024, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) will hold an experiential event "Play Astro Bot on a Super Big Screen."
Astro Bot
The event will be held at Inaribashi Square in front of Shibuya Stream (3-21-3 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo) for two days, from 11am to 7pm on Saturday, September 7th, and from 10am to 6pm on Sunday, September 8th.
The venue will have a huge LED screen measuring approximately 4m x 7m, where visitors can sit back and relax while enjoying a 15-minute demo of "Astro Bot." In addition, the demo booth will have six playable units on display, as well as a photo booth where you can take photos in front of the Astro Bot key visual, a large acrylic stand of Astro and his friends measuring approximately 1.2m in height, and a bench with the PlayStation Shapes logo (△, 〇, ×, □) as its motif.
Those who experience the title at the event will receive a special Astro Bot sticker, and special fans will be distributed to attendees.
Astro BotAstro BotAstro Bot

Last edited:
Top Bottom