• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASTRO BOT | State of Play Reveal Trailer

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Was wondering the same

QQRdXI3.png
Thi
It's PS5 without sideplates, chill
TA10POg.jpeg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Looks identical to the demo. Just on a much higher scale which I guess is expected for a fully price game.

The boss fights look pretty much, the same as the last Bossfight in the demo. My son had his mouth wide-open in awe at that just how much you could do but I was expecting a Mario odyssey caliber, open world platformer after a four year dev cycle.

The visuals look the same which again is disappointing.

Bernardougf

The year that astro will become a goty contender.... I loved the first game and will play this for sure and love again.. but hooooly shit.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The problem you have there though is balancing it so it works great for both modes, I really think they made the right choice, maybe a different PSVR2 game down the line if that picks up at all (unlikely)
It would translate EASILY to VR. The gameplay looks just like Rescue Mission.

bender

What time is it?
I can see them releasing another Puppeteer game after Astro Bot (3). If this game sells, they’ll expand the team. This is officially their platformer studio. I really hope so.

I'd settle for a port. They can even rename it to Astrobot's Puppet Fueled Fever Dream.

Bartski

Gold Member
Nice. I really loved playroom, surprisingly enough as on the surface it’s totally not my thing. I think once in a while I need such a cheerfull positive game in my life

As expected, day 0. Just looked completely awesome. Also announced on the blog post, over 80 levels and 15 unique ways to use the dualsense. Sign me the hell up

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Looks identical to the demo. Just on a much higher scale which I guess is expected for a fully price game.

The boss fights look pretty much, the same as the last Bossfight in the demo. My son had his mouth wide-open in awe at that just how much you could do but I was expecting a Mario odyssey caliber, open world platformer after a four year dev cycle.

The visuals look the same which again is disappointing.

Did you read the blog post?

In this brand-new game, you will explore 6 galaxies and over 80 levels in search of Astro’s scattered crew. Hold on tight to your Dual Speeder and dive down to each unique planet, from lush forests, sandy beaches, hot volcanoes to more surprising locations such as a gigantic hourglass or the canopy of a singing tree!

midnightAI

It would translate EASILY to VR. The gameplay looks just like Rescue Mission.
Well Rescue Mission had a few features that only works in VR (like having to look around to find the bots you are trying to rescue). I'm not saying it couldn't work in VR but with Rescue Mission the camera is on a track, you can look around but the camera stays on its path. This, like the freebie PS5 game has full 3D movement around the level so that creates its own problems translating that into VR.

Holy shit that looked SO GOOD.

It’s so rare to see a non-Nintendo 3D platformer with so much polish and creativity. I’m such a sucker for 3D platformers, and this one just looks so fun. I can’t wait!

Astro's Playroom was Sony's Super Mario Odyssey, on a smaller scale. The vibe, the creativity, the fun, the nostalgia. Still probably the best PS5 game so far.

Looks like more of the pack-in demo. Which was fun, so that's fine I suppose. But not all that exciting.

More is great - they don't need to reinvent the wheel. It's a full fledged game instead of just a short tech demo, I couldn't really ask for anything more. Especially considering how quickly they turned it around after Astro's Playroom.

Been waiting for this since 2021 when Team Asobi was established, worth every fucking second.
SIEJ remains my favorite developer out there.

Shutting down Japan Studio was a travesty, to me one of the worst parts of Jimbo's reign. I will support Team Asobi in every possible way. Hopefully Sony wakes up to this soon when they see people's reactions to this SoP.

Top Bottom