• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASTRO BOT | State of Play Reveal Trailer

aclar00

The problem you have there though is balancing it so it works great for both modes, I really think they made the right choice, maybe a different PSVR2 game down the line if that picks up at all (unlikely)

Yes and no i think. Much like Resident Evil works in both im sure they could spend an extra 6 months tweeking a VR mode. Here's to it being an add-on mode shortly after. Also hope it has local Co-Op, otherwise not worth more than $30 to me.

ZoukGalaxy

Seriously Sony, not even a VR mode ?

anakin skywalker hate GIF

*edit* I'm still very happy to get a proper sequel to the Astro Bot PS5 "demo" though, it was so AWESOME !

Last edited:

Skifi28

It’s so rare to see a non-Nintendo 3D platformer with so much polish and creativity. I’m such a sucker for 3D platformers, and this one just looks so fun. I can’t wait!
I thought sackboy was also one of those, but most people didn't seem to share my enthusiasm for it.

I love all the references to other playstation related franchises they put in Astro Bot.
Oh yes. It's all going to be lovely discovering and playing with this. There are also digs to Nintendo games and others IPs like Alladin (reminding me the 16bit games).
Yep im in. Better be 120fps or no buy /s
Like the demo it is running at 60fps. I wouldn't worry about either the performance or the graphics. It's all going to feel and look awesome!

Pinned and almost 12K likes already, this is going to be a big hit.

Not sure how much likes really mean on a tweet for a game announcement. But it is intriguing to say the least that it has the most likes by a good bit on all the game announcement posts. The only thing that comes remotely close is SH2, which is like 3k+ behind.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
one of the few games that is interesting in the state of play.
This is Day 1 confirmed.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Well, time to quote myself again:

I said it after playing through Astro (and loving every second of it), give us a full fat game on the scale and scope of a Super Mario Odyssey. Astro was a love letter to all things PlayStation and cool way to expand upon that would to visit different game worlds based on PlayStation 1st party IP. Horizon World, Uncharted World, Ratchet World etc, each making full use of the DualSense with unique mechanics, would be something special.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be great whatever it is, will be there day 1.

This looks absolutely spectacular, legit GOTY contender, I'm so happy right about now. Most of the show was mediocre but Astro Bot saved the day, only a few months to go!

GrayDock

GOTY.
And Sony would be nuts if they don't launch a new dualsense with those blue patterns of the flying one along the game.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I didnt hate it. Any platformer is good news. But honestly I expected a lot more after all the hype. The art style isnt great. Flying systems, controllers and robot Kratos is barely above PS All Stars art design. I dont need AAA graphics either but I just thought it would be more impressive visually. I bet Mario looks vastly superior to this on Switch 2.

Musilla

In this brand-new game, you will explore 6 galaxies and over 80 levels in search of Astro's scattered crew. Hold on tight to your Dual Speeder and dive down to each unique planet, from lush forests, sandy beaches, hot volcanoes to more surprising locations such as a gigantic hourglass or the canopy of a singing tree!

To get help on his mission, Astro can use over 15 new abilities offering unique play styles. As you would expect from an Astro game, these take full advantage of the DualSense controller, its haptic feedback and adaptive triggers so you can feel every little step along the journey. Among the many new powers, you will find Barkster, the Bulldog Booster that lets you air-dash and smash through enemies, metal and glass, the Twin-Frog Gloves that offer long-range punching and the ability to swing and the Giant Sponge that lets you suck up water from the environment to grow huge and cause massive (and slightly moist) destruction. Combined with improved Astro controls, these new powers take the Astro platforming experience to new heights, while remaining accessible for all. We can't wait for you to get your hands on these and let us know how they feel.

We also cranked up the number of baddies too with over 70 new types, including massive bosses at the end of each galaxy. Special mention to the deadly cobra queen Lady Venomara who appears in the trailer, waiting for you in her golden lair. Defeating each boss will uncover a wonderful secret but we don't want to spoil that, so our lips are sealed. And for the brave ones of you craving even more challenge, the game comes packed with die-and-retry levels to test your reflexes.

But that's not all, during this epic adventure, Astro will reunite with many friends from the PlayStation universe. The trailer shows only a few but we double down on the cast and hope to delight every PlayStation fan out there. And who knows, maybe this time, these characters will play an even bigger part in saving the day? (wink)

Last edited:

nial

Not sure how much likes really mean on a tweet for a game announcement. But it is intriguing to say the least that it has the most likes by a good bit on all the game announcement posts. The only thing that comes remotely close is SH2, which is like 3k+ behind.
It's a good way of measuring general interest at this moment, and it's at 16K now.

Top Bottom