• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At least 148 including 132 children dead as Taliban storm Pakistan school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time that the Pakistani government to get rid of ISI who supports that Taliban in the first place.
They fucking burned a teacher alive and behead children. That is so fucked up! These groups act they are in the stone age.
RIP.

actually it is about fundamentalism and Islamic fundamentalism to be precise. they view their interpretation as the right one through delusions of grandeur and the only counter is to push for education and making more and more people understanding the moderate interpretation even if the ones with the fundamentalist view are small even 1 is more than acceptable.

You are right that as an evil person they would have another excuse if they were secular but at least cutting them off fundamentalism or mullahism is the first step.

No, it is not about Islamic fundamentalism. If Pakistan was a caliphate (lol), these animals would have done the same thing. Replace the TTP with something like the Assam Maoists of India and you get the same thing if both were in the same circumstances. Not even a fundamentalist Muslim can justify murder of children. The Afghan Taliban's condemnation is more than enough proof of that.

How have the TTP justified this action? Have they provided any religious precedence? No. They have said that this attack was in revenge for the army's operation in Waziristan.

This is more of a nationalistic issue than it is a religious one. There are countless people in Pakistan that share the same exact religious beliefs as the TTP but do not support the TTP. There are countless scholars in Pakistan that share the same religious creed but have spoken against this violence. The Taliban of Afghanistan also share the same religious creed but have spoken against this violence.

Fundamentalism is found all around Pakistan. The TTP is an extremely tiny group compared to the other fundamentalist Muslim groups in Pakistan. If this was an issue of fundamentalism, you'd see more groups and people trying to justify this attack outside of the TTP.

Then you should know shirk is worse than murder.

Let me educate you

[2:191] And fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress. Surely, Allah loves not the transgressors.

[2:192] And kill them wherever you meet them and drive them out from where they have driven you out; for persecution is worse than killing. And fight them not in, and near, the Sacred Mosque until they fight you therein. But if they fight you, then fight them: such is the requital for the disbelievers.

[2:193] But if they desist, then surely Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

[2:194] And fight them until there is no persecution, and religion is freely professed for Allah. But if they desist, then remember that no hostility is allowed except against the aggressors.

now read it all, not selectively

Then read the commentary if you STILL dont understand and cannot interpret

http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=251&region=E1

Fitnah does not mean Disbelief in the Quran in the way you believe in this verse it means way different:

Fitna (or fitnah, pl. fitan; Arabic: فتنة , فتن‎: "temptation, trial; sedition, civil strife") is an Arabic word with extensive connotations of trial, affliction, or distress. A word freighted with important historical implications, it is also widely used in modern Arabic.
Fitna (word) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitna_(word)Wikipedia

The Shirk you mention applies to forcing Muslims to forego their faith by conflict

Lamel

Banned
Why must all of these threads turn into an quran interpretation debate?

This is likely the most clear cut case in recent memory of non-religious reasons for a terrorist attack...

d[-_-]b

Banned

This is likely the most clear cut case in recent memory of non-religious reasons for a terrorist attack...

I was thinking the same, people with agendas appear regardless.

According to Quran there is which means all Muslims believe there is a right and wrong view. you cannot apply your non-muslim logic as to how Quran is asking Muslims to read Quran

What? Are you serious?

So if I preface everything with "I am right", all the wrong things I say are right because I pointed out that it's the correct way to hear what I said? Holy shit dude. There is no such thing as muslim and non-muslim logic. There is only logic and it applies to everything. Just because muslim texts are illogical and unsound, it doesn't change that.

What? Are you serious?

So if I preface everything with "I am right", all the wrong things I say are right because I pointed out that it's the correct way to hear what I said? Holy shit dude. There is no such thing as muslim and non-muslim logic. There is only logic and it applies to everything. Just because muslim texts are illogical and unsound, it doesn't change that.

You can't reason with him, he's insane.

What? Are you serious?

smh. the logic i applied was in killing a person. its either right or wrong to kill a person. Taliban see killing any person they dont agree with as right and most muslims view killing any person who is not attacking you directly as wrong.

You can't reason with him, he's insane.

actually I am trying to reason you out of believing Taliban view could be right when it is clearly wrong

I3nyiPQ.png

cold and hard facts that you are dealing with scum

This image is making rounds among Pakistanis on facebook and twitter

xdYj3oy.png

xbhaskarx

"'God is great,'" the Taliban militants shouted as they roared through the hallways of a school in Peshawar, Pakistan.

Pakistan has seen plenty of violence, much of it involving militants based in provinces such as South Waziristan, North Waziristan and the Khyber Agency -- all restive regions in northwest Pakistan near Peshawar along its border with Afghanistan.

It is the home base the TTP, an organization that has sought to force its conservative version of Islam in Pakistan. The group has battled Pakistani troops and, on a number of occasions, attacked civilians as well.

Because we all have to be told that it is just a random coincidence that a lot of people seem to interpret the Quran in a violent manner.

I think that just about the only people who can justify a mass killing of children are people who think they've got god's blessing to do so. Either that, or you are a serious sociopath.

No father should watch their son die. This father crying over the body of his son

PTDSFs8.png

image from the school days before the attack

jZwjBDi.jpg

The Principle of the school who was burnt alive

5w3uJU0.jpg

Parents are not looking at grades but the names of the victims to see if their child is on there

CmXa5gd.jpg

At work, local conservative radio is having a field day using this attack as an excuse not only for past use of torture, but further and more extreme usage. Also, Muslims and terrorists are being used interchangeably.

I don't get to choose what is on.

At work, local conservative radio is having a field day using this attack as an excuse not only for past use of torture, but further and more extreme usage. Also, Muslims and terrorists are being used interchangeably.

I don't get to choose what is on.

Probably shouldn't be listening to conservative radio, their main purpose is to say the most horrible things to gain attention.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
According to the thread, they are interchangeable.

Point out a single instance of that being said in this thread. Some of you folks seem to have a weird victim complex that apparently makes it OK to lash out and make outlandish statements that are complete fabrications so that you can further wallow in a sense of persecution.

Back on topic, though... those pictures, man... So sad.

Omiee

honestly im ashamed of the human race at the moment. the past few years have been a disaster. its like everyday there is a horror story coming out.

According to the thread, they are interchangeable.

I'm no big fan of most organized religions, but equating a whole religion with terror is dangerous. This should be obvious, but it needs to be stated when the lust for revenge rears its ugly head.

Probably shouldn't be listening to conservative radio, their main purpose is to say the most horrible things to gain attention.

I hate that it's on, but I'm not in a position to be able to ask them to turn it off. Even though I disagree completely, I find myself getting angry along with the host. He's really good at manipulating emotions.

Gilly

How could anyone go through with this....

My deepest condolences to the families this is just to tragic

honestly im ashamed of the human race at the moment. the past few years have been a disaster. its like everyday there is a horror story coming out.

Technically we are in the most peaceful time in modern human history, you just hear these horror stories now because of how connected we are.

Could you imagine if we had some type of instant communication during the crusades, and the images of mass slaughter when cities were taken?

That doesn't negate these horrible events, but I like to personally keep things in perspective in relation to our past it keeps me from going mad when I read these stories.

Point out a single instance of that being said in this thread. Some of you folks seem to have a weird victim complex that apparently makes it OK to lash out and make outlandish statements that are complete fabrications so that you can further wallow in a sense of persecution.

Back on topic, though... those pictures, man... So sad.

I'm not a Muslim. I don't "wallow in any sense of self persecution". Try again.

I also don't quote the qu'ran out of context to bolster my arguments. It's Not my religion/culture to critique.

The information that I gathered, aside from that lovely diatribe you and a couple others have posted on a tangent, is that there are regional nationalistic problems in a country predominantly Muslim. The only indication that this was a religious attack was an attacker praising god.

If the sects of afghani Taliban are denouncing this attack, wouldn't it stand to reason that there is something other than a holy book that caused this attack?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
there is something other than a holy book that caused this attack?

Obviously. I, and others, even posted exactly that in this very thread.

edit: damn at the Internet being the Internet with that picture. Some people are fucking nuts.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...schoolchildren.html?via=mobile&source=twitter

Taliban: We Slaughtered 100+ Kids Because Their Parents Helped America
Militants who attacked an army-run school in Peshawar claim it’s retaliation for U.S.-backed efforts to crush a group that's helped protect al Qaeda.
LONDON—The unprecedented slaughter Tuesday at least 132 students at a school in Peshawar, Pakistan, shows in the most gruesome possible way that the Pakistani Taliban, known as the TTP, have not yet been defeated or brought under control by the Pakistani military’s recent offensives. Certainly that was the objective of the attack: The school is a private one run by the army for the children of soldiers.

“The TTP is ready for a long, long war against the U.S. puppet state of Pakistan,” a TTP commander told me when I reached him on his Afghan cellphone. “We are just displaced, but we are still in positions to attack wherever we want,” said Jihad Yar Wazir.

Yar Wazir justified the killings as fitting retribution. “The parents of the army school are army soldiers and they are behind the massive killing of our kids and indiscriminate bombing in North and South Waziristan,” which are the TTP strongholds. “To hurt them at their safe haven and homes—such an attack is perfect revenge.”

dat religious excuse...oh wait

a nut is a nut is a nut.

xbhaskarx

If the sects of afghani Taliban are denouncing this attack, wouldn't it stand to reason that there is something other than a holy book that caused this attack?

No, that just means that a bunch of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists don't all agree with each other regarding what is acceptable based on their different interpretations. The Aghani Taliban and Pakistani Taliban have different leadership, and different goals. Hell Al Qaeda in Iraq (which morphed into ISIS) was too radical for Al Qaeda, yet ISIS are clearly religious, they established their own Caliphate for fucks sake. Or "would it stand to reason that there is something other than a holy book" that causes ISIS attacks?

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has announced that Turkey will have a national day of mourning tomorrow for the incident in Pakistan.

It's a pretty big deal, in Turkish Culture the national days of mourning (known as "Yas" in Turkish) are usually reserved for national tragedies (like the mining disaster earlier this year, which had 3 days of mourning) so this is a nice gesture by the Turkish government.

When a Yas happens, many TV channels put a black tag symbol on their broadcast and newspaper add the symbol as well.

Also, though I doubt this will happen tomorrow, with the Turkish mining disaster popular TV shows didn't air new episodes during the week of the Yas.

No, that just means that a bunch of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists don't all agree with each other regarding what is acceptable based on their different interpretations. The Aghani Taliban and Pakistani Taliban have different leadership, and different goals. Hell Al Qaeda in Iraq slash ISIS was too radical for Al Qaeda, yet ISIS are clearly religious, they established their own Caliphate for fucks sake. Or "would it stand to reason that there is something other than a holy book" that causes ISIS attacks?

There's more to all of this than what the Holy Book says. ISIS for instance are out to gain political power, they are comprised of a lot of Saddam's old guard.

xbhaskarx

There's more to all of this than what the Holy Book says. ISIS for instance are out to gain political power

Okay, just because there are other motivations like power doesn't mean religion isn't involved. By that logic the Crusades weren't religious because certain people and groups were also out to gain political power.

Newsnight reporting that Imran Khan is refusing to condemn the Taliban for the attack, which is pretty damn depressing.

They also had what sounded like an excerpt from the Taliban. Seemed pretty clear it was a response to attacks by the Army. Claims of the army slaughtering 600 people from their tribes and throwing their bodies into sacks from the Taliban.

I'm sure this is old news, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom