• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk |OT|

Stuart444

Yeah, in particular the enemy variety is pretty sad and Ranan, lol.

Also, thanks for clarifying the whetstones, my suspicions were apparently correct.

Honestly Enemy variety is the only thing that disappointed me about this game (well and no 2D portraits but I knew about that a while ago so it doesn't bother me too much now)

Least they could have done is put in a Puni or two.

Rarutos

Just finished the game for the first time! Got most endings,
need Keith, Harry, True, and Normal end still.

Geez, I think getting the Normal end is going to be the most tedious because it'll probably just involve me sleeping for more than a year. I should have just gotten it this playthough!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just finished the game for the first time! Got most endings,
need Keith, Harry, True, and Normal end still.

Geez, I think getting the Normal end is going to be the most tedious because it'll probably just involve me sleeping for more than a year. I should have just gotten it this playthough!

Lol the normal ending is the one I got on my first run through. ;P

Stuart444

How do you get the normal end? I just assumed it would be do the main objective and nothing else... or something like that.

Stuart444

Basically. I didn't pursue all the flag/quests etc. on my first playthrough. I never do.

Then how can you miss the normal ending? If it was just save Nio and that is that then why is it possible to miss it?

Some people even got Plat on their first playthrough which means getting all flags.

RurouniZel

Then how can you miss the normal ending? If it was just save Nio and that is that then why is it possible to miss it?

Some people even got Plat on their first playthrough which means getting all flags.

I didn't miss the normal end. *points up*. I said it's the only ending I got.

Stuart444

I didn't miss the normal end. *points up*. I said it's the only ending I got.

I meant I missed it, see the last page where I mentioned I only got
the worker ending, do most of the quests (and I did all but one). Called "Working Ma'am" - unless the working ending = normal ending

RurouniZel

I meant I missed it, see the last page where I mentioned I only got
the worker ending, do most of the quests (and I did all but one). Called "Working Ma'am" - unless the working ending = normal ending

Ah okay, my bad. I'm guessing you're locked into an ending hierarchy depending on the flags you do or don't hit.

Stuart444

I'm at the first Treasure Hunt contest. How can I beat Harry's item? What's the best item to make to ensure a win?

You could always save it first and then look through the list for the best item (one with the longest bar at the bottom) to beat them. don't worry if it's something you only have one of (ie some expensive limited item from a shop :p ), you can buy it and the other contest items from the shop afterwards.

Animekatt

You could always save it first and then look through the list for the best item (one with the longest bar at the bottom) to beat them. don't worry if it's something you only have one of (ie some expensive limited item from a shop :p ), you can buy it and the other contest items from the shop afterwards.

Awesome! Gonna try this out now, thanks. ^.^

Rarutos

You can't choose to see the Normal end like the other endings because it's basically the lowest possible tiered ending. You can get the Normal end if you don't save Nio, I think.

RurouniZel

You can't choose to see the Normal end like the other endings because it's basically the lowest possible tiered ending. You can get the Normal end if you don't save Nio, I think.

But... I saved her. Then what ending did I get? ∑(゚Д゚)

Rarutos

Not that I'm aware of, no.

Yeah, then that's just Normal end. I tried to go back on a previous save to sleep until the end but I got the Working Ma'am one again instead. Guess I did too many requests. ;_; I shouldn't have saved over too many of my older ones. Oh well.

Stuart444

Oh so I can basically start a new game (or NG+ or whatever) and sleep through the whole game for it?

Awesome, think I'll do that in a few... or maybe I'll load up another save see if I have one from just before I saved Nio. (and we'll see if I get it or working ma'am... if I don't get it, ah well, it will only take an hour or two to sleep through the game start to finish.)

Rarutos

Oh so I can basically start a new game (or NG+ or whatever) and sleep through the whole game for it?

Awesome, think I'll do that in a few... or maybe I'll load up another save see if I have one from just before I saved Nio. (and we'll see if I get it or working ma'am... if I don't get it, ah well, it will only take an hour or two to sleep through the game start to finish.)

Not sure if that will necessarily work or not because sometimes if you waste too much time early in these games it just ends automatically without an "end" per se. I'll probably just play until just before I save her and then sleep to get the end.

Stuart444

Not sure if that will necessarily work or not because sometimes if you waste too much time early in these games it just ends automatically without an "end" per se. I'll probably just play until just before I save her and then sleep to get the end.

Well I'll find out soon. (watching something just now then I'll be doing this) I'll be using the NG+ save which puts me into it just after the tutorial so if there is a game over style end during the tutorial, I won't see it.

If that doesn't work, I'll play for about a year or two and then sleep. One of those should work I'd think.

edit: Okay, during the skipping, we just saw on Year 2, 11/11 at the main cities workshop, a
Solar eclipse
event... it was rather odd. We've had no events until then due to skipping (aka resting) everything.

edit 2: Okay, got the normal end trophy:

It's nice that Nio still gets saved if we do nothing. I would have expected a more... badish end.

So yes, you can just start a NG+, skip the tutorial and then sleep til the end. Only takes half an hour as well.

Rarutos

Atelier BGM Deluxe Pack out for 3 bucks. Pretty good price considering it has a bunch of complete OSTs and arranged soundtracks including the "Visual Books" from the Japanese Arland game preorders that are pretty much impossible to find.

Also includes old not-Atelier Gust games (except Ar tonelico :() like Falcata and Taishou Mononoke Ibunroku. Good stuff!

The only thing is that NISA seems to not be too consistent with the names of the JP-only Atelier games... Lily, Judy, Violette, and Lise... Hmm...

I'm sad that Marion and Odelia didn't come out today. I was kind of happy NISA just released all the DLC really quickly for Totori and Meruru since they were all out already in Japan anyway.

Stuart444

What is Ranuns last event? I remember speaking to him once after the final boss but no CG popped up so I'm not sure if that is his last event and he doesn't get a CG/trophy thing.

Also where is that damned "Secret Spice", I have not seen it in any field so it must be the final recipe book that I have never gotten. Someone in Hornheim wanted it and it was the only quest I never finished. I hope to do all the quests in my upcoming playthrough (along with flag all the events, endings, etc)

Eusis

Atelier BGM Deluxe Pack out for 3 bucks. Pretty good price considering it has a bunch of complete OSTs and arranged soundtracks including the "Visual Books" from the Japanese Arland game preorders that are pretty much impossible to find.
That much? If the Scott Pilgrim DLC's good that'd be a good combo to avoid excess money being left behind.

A.E Suggs

hFZpLfy.jpg
I did something similar to this as well. I'm overpowered as fuck, but hey it'll make my new game plus run all the more easier. Love the game though and its nice that I can kinda run through it so quickly as I don't have to much time on my hands lately.

Stuart444

I wish I got the Skill Enhance Lvl 2+ :( Only had one of those with the Lvl1 skill enhance.

Still I'm pretty powerful right now from better weapons, gather rate up + extreme basket + best shoes that my NG+ should go perfectly assuming/hoping I can see all the events, do all quests (again, anyone know where the secret spice is from? Don't want to sound like a broken record but it's bothering me) and save Nio way before I did in my first game (which was around half way through the 3rd year, maybe even late 3rd year)

Shouldn't be too difficult I hope :D

RurouniZel

Speaking of Hallos Village, I think I did something wrong this time. My counter won't go all the way up to the top and I didn't trigger a scene indicating I finish the mission. :/ Fought Keith and everything. >>;

EDIT: N/M, I'm a dumbass, figured it out

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I got
Keith at Hallos
down to half way on his health bar before dying in my NG+ game. :( If only I could have kept going.

Here is a pic from a few turns before I lost:

http://i5.minus.com/i4CzmcVtEjnrQ.png

Its easiest just to outlast the opponent. The witch girl (sorry, i'm really bad with names) actually comes in handy here because of her healing skill that prioritizes resurrecting your characters. Eventually the opponent runs out of mana and can't do shit.

Stuart444

Its easiest just to outlast the opponent. The witch girl (sorry, i'm really bad with names) actually comes in handy here because of her healing skill that prioritizes resurrecting your characters. Eventually the opponent runs out of mana and can't do shit.

Yeah, that was my entire strategy lol however I ended up getting unlucky during one of my turns which resulted in Bell being killed and we had no rez items on us (since I never expected to outlast him so didn't bring any with me) and once she was dead without her healing spirit, it was over.

He used his 'special' skill (Ancient one) 4 times though during the battle... it was rather cool to watch.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, that was my entire strategy lol however I ended up getting unlucky during one of my turns which resulted in Bell being killed and we had no rez items on us (since I never expected to outlast him so didn't bring any with me) and once she was dead without her healing spirit, it was over.

He used his 'special' skill (Ancient one) 4 times though during the battle... it was rather cool to watch.

They did not skimp on the special skills in this game,
nio .......
's is awesome

Video of said special:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VosKgln0ToE

Rarutos

Some awesome things I've noticed on my second playthrough after
saving Nio.
Apologies for the terribad pictures!

Barrel! And it's voiced!

A girl named Haruka (Shimotsuki!) appears outside of Ayesha's workshop, and can add vocals to the BGM. So awesome.

Suikoguy

Ok, even with super equipment, the boss called Tank is just kicking my ass...

Rarutos

Hahaha, nice! They did that in Atelier Meruru with Marie too.

Yeah I remember that! It's quite awesome.

Also, I was a bit disappointed but on Year 2 11/11,
If you already saved Nio/got all the flowers you needed, the Solar Eclipse is basically skipped over. Poor Ranun, his purpose in the story just got taken away from him!

Suikoguy

Yeah I remember that! It's quite awesome.

Also, I was a bit disappointed but on Year 2 11/11,
If you already saved Nio/got all the flowers you needed, the Solar Eclipse is basically skipped over. Poor Ranun, his purpose in the story just got taken away from him!

Oh, that explains why I never got the event on my new game +.

By far the most useless character in the game.

Lucentto

Banned
Finished my NG+ playthough and got all endings. I will have to mimic what I said earlier in the thread, this is my favorite Atelier game easy. I like just about everything in this game compared to the Arland series. Its a damn shame that some are avoiding this game just because of no JP audio.

Khrno

Ok, even with super equipment, the boss called Tank is just kicking my ass...

I don't want to be mean or anything, but then you don't have super equipment :p

Stock up on raise potions and bombs. Also, I had in my party Nio/Linca with lv 40+ weapons.
Ayesha's HP over 230 helps a lot.

LuuKyK

I feel so ashamed for having completely stopped to play this. :\ Oh well, priorities...

I cant wait to get back to it though.

Khrno

I couldn't play again this week due to work, but I'm going to beat GD this weekend, might have to upgrade my armor first tho, stock up some damage reduction with Skill Enhancement Lv3.

Don't know if I'm up for a third playthrough so soon, I'd have great items to carry on, but 3 times in a row might a bit too much, but then if I don't do it now, I won't come back to it and leave it there as I did with Meruru.

Eusis

It's not really much of a spoiler, to be honest. I mean it is pretty much your goal for the game...
Some stories do pull a fast one on you there, or the goal's only half met, though
there seems to be so much artwork with Nio it's kind of a given you save her: if anything the real surprise might be that the game will keep going.

Top Bottom