• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

tumblr_n9n15cd7ym1rnpaqeo1_250.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm question about G1 Climax, I thought wrestlers only got 1 "by", as in they didnt wrestle in one of the days, but Im watching Day 3 now and this guy wiht a crazy mohawk, I didnt see him in days 1 or 2... did I miss some a match of his from one of those days?

Also, he seems stiff as SHIT, at least in this match against hirooki goto o_O

hmm question about G1 Climax, I thought wrestlers only got 1 "by", as in they didnt wrestle in one of the days, but Im watching Day 3 now and this guy wiht a crazy mohawk, I didnt see him in days 1 or 2... did I miss some a match of his from one of those days?

Suzuki? He was off on Day 2. However, his match with Yano on day 1 was like 2 minutes long

Minoru Suzuki - he wrestled Toru Yano on day one, but had a bye on day two and, yeah, he's generally considered one of the toughest wrestlers in New Japan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Suzuki? He was off on Day 2. However, his match with Yano on day 1 was like 2 minutes long

oh that match that ended with a roll up? thats why I didnt remember him lol.

Minoru Suzuki - he wrestled Toru Yano on day one, but had a bye on day two and, yeah, he's generally considered one of the toughest wrestlers in New Japan.

oh is he? damn dude, he was slapping the shit out of Goto, some of these guys need to remember this is fake :p

Rhaknar

Bad Luck Fale vs Yugi Nagata from day 3 was surprisingly decent, also I like Fale's crucifix powerbomb, I like how he just drops them

Alucard

Banned
How many moves does a guy need to get over and to put on good matches?

How many moves did Steve Austin have?

How many moves did Randy Savage have?

How many moves did Hulk Hogan have?

Often, it's not about the number of moves you have, but when you use them, and how you manipulate the crowd. For instance, Hogan had a body slam, a suplex, a big boot, punches, and a leg drop. That didn't stop him from being a really great babyface who sold agony with his face and body language like very few before or after him. He gets a lot of shit, but he knew how to work a match and a crowd.

strobogo

Banned
Who would have thought that people cheering a guy would result in the WWE wanting to push that guy?

Note: This isn't always the case. See: Dolph Ziggler.

No no. You don't get it. WWE FORCED the Roman Reigns push first, and then people cheered him, and now they're pushing him harder. Shit is insidious as it gets, brother.

strobogo

Banned
Did Hulk Hogan get over with the crowd by himself before Vince pushed Hulkamania?

In the AWA yes. My point was internet fans are the worst. They bitch about guys not being properly built. Then a guy is properly built and gets over and they're mad because it isn't the guy they wanted and the live fans are idiots for buy into it.

I'm now with Sunny on Renee being not good at commentary. She said Summer Rae and Bayley have very similar body types.

Summer_Rae_06142012ej_1000_wk.jpg

Summer-Rae-wwe-divas-36020410-802-1001.jpg

bayley1.jpg

WHAT

The revisionist history some of you guys are trying to pull with Reigns is a bit much.

Dude has been over for over a year.

Also David Otunga was on some random hospital show last week and WWE didn't promote it? Thats not good.

Xater

I don't care whether Reigns was over or not. He was only a fun distraction in the Shield. As soon as he got singles matches he was exposed as being boring.

Rhaknar

day 3:

both Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Shibata and Naito vs Toru Yano were pretty good. I love both Shibata and Naito, and that Naito vs Yano match was by far the best Yano match so far.

Question about Naito getting busted open, was that legit or a blade job? I have no idea if there are blade jobs in japan, and it seemed like a weird non-important match to have a random blade job, especially since there was none in the torunament so far

TL21xx

Banned
Sorry Stro, sorry Funky, but Reigns was over as a tag team/stable heavy. He was not a singles wrestler. We are complaining because he has not delivered a single decent match as a singles competitor, yet is going to be pushed as the next face of the company. I fail to see the issue with the naysaying against him.

Sid

I don't care whether Reigns was over or not. He was only a fun distraction in the Shield. As soon as he got singles matches he was exposed as being boring.
Yup,I liked him back then but his singles matches are a snoozefest.

zychi

Banned
Nfl had "thank you roger" plants holding signs at the nfl hall of fame.

Wwe fixing coming to an american sport near you.(besides nba and boxing, since both are fixed already)

Reigns was properly built up in that they protected him because he's very green, but it's also really boring regardless. I'm glad they finally let him get his ass kicked last RAW. It's a step in the right direction. Now if only they could show me a reason why he should be in main event matches.

Is Regal off of NXT commentary? I don't mind Renee but Byron Saxton and that other guy sound exactly the same to me, which makes things a little confusing. It's like a schizophrenic Todd Grisham is arguing with himself throughout the show.

When Mania rolls around can we take bets on what new finisher Reigns will debut to beat Lesnar? I'm thinking some sort of MMA submission.

Raw64life

When Mania rolls around can we take bets on what new finisher Reigns will debut to beat Lesnar? I'm thinking some sort of MMA submission.

Superman Punch from the top rope
Samoan Drop into Superman Punch
Repeated Superman Punches on grounded opponent until opponent gives up
Shooting Star Spear

strobogo

Banned
Reigns was properly built up in that they protected him because he's very green, but it's also really boring regardless. I'm glad they finally let him get his ass kicked last RAW. It's a step in the right direction. Now if only they could show me a reason why he should be in main event matches.

I guess you forgot about the Passion of the Roman when Evolution beat the shit out of him with kendo sticks. Or the beat down from Rollins. Or when he lost in the first match with the Wyatts. Those things all happened this year, in the middle of his rise. It's weird how short term memory works with guys people don't like.

Reigns post mania finisher will have him going outside the ring, pulling out Son Cara's trampoline, and use it to do a double Superman punch while in the Superman flying pose

I guess you forgot about the Passion of the Roman when Evolution beat the shit out of him with kendo sticks. Or the beat down from Rollins. Or when he lost in the first match with the Wyatts. Those things all happened this year, in the middle of his rise. It's weird how short term memory works with guys people don't like.

mark motherfuckers, stro.

Top Bottom