• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

The Matrix is a solid 10.
I actually watched it for the first time maybe 6 years ago. I couldn't see the hype in it. Maybe it's something I need to go into a time machine and watch it when it first came out to really understand how it influenced many of the movies we have now.

Zach

Groovy's Top 10/10 movies of all time.

1. The Great Mouse Detective (Vincent Price being my all time fav actor)
2. A Christmas Story
3. Willow
4. A Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Jurassic Park (not WORLD. My parents weren't first cousins)
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. Back to the Future
8. Fantasia 2000
9. Raiders of the Lost Ark
10. The Polar Express

Yes, three Christmas movies and a whole bunch of cartoon and action figures stuff.

Nice. I wanted to get into the hobby of exploring space and still do. Just need the $$$ for it.

Hmmm... let me check my IMDB ratings... >_>

RBH

CqEHPt7XgAAMbVz.jpg

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/765901381513408513?s=09

Kaladin

Groovy's Top 10/10 movies of all time.

1. The Great Mouse Detective (Vincent Price being my all time fav actor)
2. A Christmas Story
3. Willow
4. A Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Jurassic Park (not WORLD. My parents weren't first cousins)
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. Back to the Future
8. Fantasia 2000
9. Raiders of the Lost Ark
10. The Polar Express

Yes, three Christmas movies (ELF would be in top 15) and a whole bunch of cartoon and action figures stuff.

I agree with Nightmare Before Christmas, that's a 10 if I ever saw one. I also agree with Back To The Future, Jurassic Park and Empire Strikes Back. But I have a couple of issues. Raiders Of The Lost Arc should be The Last Crusade which was the superior Jones movie and if you have Christmas movies here, where is the greatest Christmas movie of all time that doesn't star Bruce Willis: Christmas Vacation? That is a solid 10/10.

I actually watched it for the first time maybe 6 months ago. I couldn't see the hype in it. Maybe it's something I need to go into a time machine and watch it when it first came out to really understand how it influenced many of the movies we have now.

I think you did have to see it when it came out to get a true appreciation of it. It was very late 90's and would probably feel dated if you watched it for the first time now.

Zach

Here are my top rated movies:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Rocky
Alien
The Godfather
The Godfather: Part II
The Big Lebowski
City of God
The Princess Bride
Back to the Future
The Silence of the Lambs
Drive
Taxi Driver
There Will Be Blood
A Clockwork Orange
Apocalypse Now
Fargo
Amelie
The Apostle
Mulholland Dr.
Dog Day Afternoon
The Crow
Inside Llewyn Davis
Raging Bull
Annie Hall
The Wrestler

: )

imBask

Banned
Fav 5 movie here we go

Godfather
Godfather II
Whiplash
Interstellar
Halloween

HM :
Friday The 13th Part V
Inglorious Basterd
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Toxic Avenger

Some impressions of Monday's Raw:

-Lana's expressions and gestures in the background are so perfect. She just totally nails it.
-Mick Foley's suddenly jet black beard was highly amusing.
-Paul Heyman/Brock Lesnar promos are longer and more boring than anything Stephanie McMahon does. Heath Slater is amusing.

imBask

Banned
i'm glad most people recognize Fury Road as the superior movie of the franchise, eventhough it's a recent movie and a soft reboot

Zach

Zach those are amazing movies (There Will Be Blood alongside Amadeus are probably the best films I have seen) but I need my babefilms to pick up the mood. I look at that list and think you're depressed.

Your picks are very good!

I still haven't watched Amadeus! Probably because it's long, right? If it's long that's why I always put it off.

Which is hilarious because I watch hours and hours and hours of wrestling. But I guess, I dunno, good movies deserve more respect and thoughtful attention. Wrasslin' is just like "get papa a beer, son! I'm watchin' the matches!"

Terminator 2 isn't a great movie.

Totally agree, slightconfuse.

Sephzilla

Tombstone is a fucking A+ movie
Shoot, The Matrix has age horribly also blade movie is not a good movie no matter what time period.

The Matrix holds up well enough. You can even handwave away a couple of the dated aspects of it by saying it's just a biproduct of whatever era The Matrix runs in. You know what movies have aged fucking horribly though?
The Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies

T2 is one of the best action movie of all time, but my favorite Arnold movie is still Commando

I think Terminator 2 is my favorite Arnold movie but goddamn Commando is a perfect 80s movie.

I still haven't watched Amadeus! Probably because it's long, right? If it's long that's why I always put it off.

Which is hilarious because I watch hours and hours and hours of wrestling. But I guess, I dunno, good movies deserve more respect and thoughtful attention. Wrasslin' is just like "get papa a beer, son! I'm watchin' the matches!"

Totally agree, slightconfuse.

Heroman

Banned
Tombstone is a fucking A+ movie

The Matrix holds up well enough. You can even handwave away a couple of the dated aspects of it by saying it's just a biproduct of whatever era The Matrix runs in. You know what movies have aged fucking horribly though?
The Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies

Naw, The Sam raimi spider man trilogy is goat, and Spider man 2 goat.

My stuck-on-a-desert-island list of dope rewatchable movies:

The Princess Bride
The Raid 1 & 2
Caddyshack
Pirates of the Caribbean 1
Pulp Fiction
Ghostbusters
Alien
Wrath of Khan
Forrest Gump
Die Hard
Groundhog Day