• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Kaladin

Here's a perfect 10 many here might not have seen :

Rashomon

tumblr_mxd720rzJf1qlh9eeo1_500.gif

Also from Kurosawa:

Throne Of Blood

xhHLvLn.jpg

Kaladin

The new trailer for Surf's Up 2 : Wavemania features WWE stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTCSlHco6yg

That movie is probably not a 10 / 10.

Cody Maverick, hungry for a new challenge, convinces an infamous big-wave-riding crew known as The Hang 5, voiced by WWE Superstars John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, WWE Diva Paige and Mr. McMahon, to let him join them on their journey to a mysterious surf spot known as The Trenches, where, legend has it, they’ll find the biggest waves in the world. Cody soon discovers that the life he left behind might be more heroic than what any death-defying wave has to offer.

The new trailer for Surf's Up 2 : Wavemania features WWE stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTCSlHco6yg

That movie is probably not a 10 / 10.

Cody Maverick, hungry for a new challenge, convinces an infamous big-wave-riding crew known as The Hang 5, voiced by WWE Superstars John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, WWE Diva Paige and Mr. McMahon, to let him join them on their journey to a mysterious surf spot known as The Trenches, where, legend has it, they’ll find the biggest waves in the world. Cody soon discovers that the life he left behind might be more heroic than what any death-defying wave has to offer.

... Is that an uncredited Daniel Bryan almost getting munched up by the Undertaker?

Sephzilla

Not a fan. I'm not really in to Spielberg, to be honest.

I still need to watch Schindler's List, though.

Jaws and Jurassic Park are pretty solid 10s in my opinion.

My tens:
The Dark knight is a sold 10
The raid is a solid 10
The Toy Story Trilogy is a solid 100

Batman Begins = 9/10
Dark Knight = 8/10
Rises = 7/10

Mask of the Phantasm is the only 10/10 Batman movie

Kaladin

Rashomon was on my watch list for a long while but it was never available on Netflix/Amazon Prime, or at my library, so I just gave up. >_>

It will never be on Netflix or Amazon Prime as long as Hulu houses the Criterion collection. You should start a trial there and give it a go. In fact, both movies are there.

Jaws
Close Encounters
Raiders
ET
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan

70's-90's Spielberg was freaking insane; I have a hard time believing there's anyone that doesn't love at least one of those movies.

Like with music, I could never make a Top 10 movies of All Time. Wouldn't even know where to start

Fav films of the 2010s tho, no order

Let Me In
Black Swan
Cabin in the Woods
Frozen
Evil Dead
Guardians of the Galaxy
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Mad Max Fury Road
We Are Still Here
The Witch

HMs: Beasts of No Nation, Inside Out, Ex Machina, Don't Breathe, Neon Demon

Sephzilla

That's interesting. I actually think Begins is incredibly boring, to me it would be:
Begins - 5
Dark Knight - 9
Rises - 7

I love Dark Knight but man if you ignore Ledger's amazing performance in that movie you quickly realize the entire second half of the movie is a mess story wise. Meanwhile I love Begin's slow burn, plus Batman Begins has the GOAT superhero movie ending

Kaladin

Like with music, I could never make a Top 10 movies of All Time. Wouldn't even know where to start

Let Me In
Black Swan
Cabin in the Woods
Frozen
Evil Dead
Guardians of the Galaxy
Mad Max Fury Road
We Are Still Here
The Witch

Forgot about Cabin In The Woods. That is an easy 10 for being so creative.

Top 10 - 10/10 movies

Once Upon A Time In The West
Back To The Future
Alien
The Godfather
Total Recall (1990)
Taxi Driver
The Empire Strikes Back
The Truman Show
Jaws
Ghostbusters (1984)

Zach

Jaws
Close Encounters - It was okay.
Raiders - Kinda fun, kinda boring.
ET - Barely remember it.
Jurassic Park - Kinda fun, oftentimes boring.
Schindler's List - Need to watch.
Saving Private Ryan - Not sure I care.

70's-90's Spielberg was freaking insane; I have a hard time believing there's anyone that doesn't love at least one of those movies.

Just my honest opinions.

Sephzilla

Back to the Future is "FnP: The Movie". I love me some Back to the Future. I'd also make a case that the Back to the Future trilogy might be the most consistently entertaining trilogy from start to finish.

Kaladin

Another Perfect 10 : Before Sunrise

tumblr_lpblvjPYI31qzzh6g.jpg

Not always a big fan of these kinds of movies, but this one just clicked.

Also the sequels are a 9 for Before Sunset and a 7 for Before Midnight.

Back to the Future is "FnP: The Movie". I love me some Back to the Future. I'd also make a case that the Back to the Future trilogy might be the most consistently entertaining trilogy from start to finish.

Only because Tremors 3 is only a B-. If Tremors 3 was even a B+ it'd be the more *consistently entertaining* trilogy.

However, clearly not the better trilogy over all. But Tremors 1 and 2 are just not stop fun. Tremors isn't my favorite movie, but I'll be fucked if I can ever turn that thing off when I happen on it while channel surfing. And I fucking own it.

Sephzilla

It's been probably two decades since I've seen Tremors 2 but I really like the first Tremors. Really fun movie and the RedLetterMedia review of the movie really made me appreciate how well put together the movie is

Let Me In
Black Swan
Cabin in the Woods
Frozen
Evil Dead
Guardians of the Galaxy
Mad Max Fury Road
We Are Still Here
The Witch

seems like you're a big horror fan. you've seen Don't Breathe already? damn, I'm looking forward to that one.

for this decade the definites on my list would be:
Mad Max
Tree of Life
A Separation
Inside Llewyn Davis
Social Network
Attack the Block
World's End

those come to mind immediately. the rest I would have to think about.

It's been probably two decades since I've seen Tremors 2 but I really like the first Tremors. Really fun movie and the RedLetterMedia review of the movie really made me appreciate how well put together the movie is

yeah that's just a really fun monster movie. it's the characters that make it enjoyable. loved kevin bacon and that other dude.

Nekofrog

Banned
The best part of smackdown is at the end of the show when you realize "holy shit, I'm not about to enter a grueling third hour filed with commercials and filler!" and then you proceed with the rest of your night

Plus it's a better organized show, could've done without the repeat if the Lesnar Orton package

Browny

Banned
Lmao at Del Rio.

Perfect 10 movies?

Ronin
Michael Clayton
The Usual Suspects
Spy Game
John Wick
Shaun Of The Dead
Hot Fuzz
Mad Max 2
Mad Max: Fury Road
Bourne
any of them but Legacy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you people learned your lesson and won't mention shitty Batman in here again. Sephzilla can't help himself and won't stop posting about that terrible character!

Also LOL @ Bret Hart quitting his podcast.

LC! What's up man, I've missed you!

Thanks been away from home for a while so I didn't have reliable Internet access regularly.

Good news is I took a day long binge to catch on the CWC/NXT and TNA.

Oh yeah and as I mentioned before I went to London for Vader Vs Ospreay - good show overall but Vader looked like complete shit, I also think the referee botched the finish to Sabre Jr vs Jeff Cobb as the ending was a huge anti climax that said though Sabre was getting some pretty amazing heel heat at the end.

The whole weekend was also literally marred by a car crash, me and my best friend got sideswiped as we drove round a roundabout leading us to barely to make the show in time.

Top Bottom