• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

It's been probably two decades since I've seen Tremors 2 but I really like the first Tremors. Really fun movie and the RedLetterMedia review of the movie really made me appreciate how well put together the movie is

Tremors as a series is really underrated and I'm looking forward to the new show being made with Bacon

seems like you're a big horror fan. you've seen Don't Breathe already? damn, I'm looking forward to that one.

for this decade the definites on my list would be:
Mad Max
Tree of Life
A Separation
Inside Llewyn Davis
Social Network
Attack the Block
World's End

those come to mind immediately. the rest I would have to think about.

yeah that's just a really fun monster movie. it's the characters that make it enjoyable. loved kevin bacon and that other dude.

Horror's always been my favorite genre, me and my dad always watched scary films together even when I was really young. I was at a festival Don't Breathe screened at a couple months ago. You'll probably love it, I'd definitely say it's one of the best scary films of the past few years

Always good to get away from home even if it's a hospital(yeah right). You're just in time for a big fight weekend

Tell me about it.

Kind of torn about this as I am massive UFC fan and UFC 202 clashes with Takeover. Plus being in the UK means it will be a sleepless night for me staying up to watch live.

That said UFC shows tend to be pretty long so maybe I can watch Takeover and flip over in time to catch the main event of UFC 202 (I'll be recording it anyway in case every fight ends fast). Be doubly interested since last time I made bank getting on Diaz I probably won't get the same odds as before but I think Diaz should win this pretty handily.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Scary time. I'm posting a Minion picture.

w5zE7qg.jpg

It's on fucking Baron Corbin. I'm abandoning ship.I can't cheer him

Tell me about it.

Kind of torn about this as I am massive UFC fan and UFC 202 clashes with Takeover. Plus being in the UK means it will be a sleepless night for me staying up to watch live.

That said UFC shows tend to be pretty long so maybe I can watch Takeover and flip over in time to catch the main event of UFC 202 (I'll be recording it anyway in case every fight ends fast). Be doubly interested since last time I made bank getting on Diaz I probably won't get the same odds as before but I think Diaz should win this pretty handily.
Honestly, I only watch the main event if interested. I don't have much attention span for mma or boxing lol. So I'll be doing just that this weekend. Nxt will probably be ink my 2 hours and thirty minutes then the main event will probably be at about 12am, 6 am your time.

imBask

Banned
how do you end up making the decision to get a Jason masked minion tattoo'd on you forever? I've been trying to find a tattoo idea for years and i'm still undecided. I even considered something about Jason and Halloween, but even the most simple and subtle idea seems too dorky to me and makes me think i'll regret it

Aiii

So not worth it
MMA-GAF really needs to learn how to start enjoying their own entertainment program. I have never seen a more jaded community on this forum.

Eanan

MMA-GAF really needs to learn how to start enjoying their own entertainment program. I have never seen a more jaded community on this forum.

They're more worried about being compared to the oh so "fake" and "scripted" WWE than just enjoying a crazy press conference that could have been scripted or not, who knows.

Like if you dont want to be compared to, or think one is so bad, then stop bringing it up!

Marvel

could never
I just wanted to chime in and wish you nothing but the best.
Thank you very much, friend. All the well wishes from wrassleGAF made my day.

So I just watched Raw... yeesh not terrible but not too great, I'm also surprised they blew the demon fin load on free tv. Looking forward to their match at SS though.

The only movie I am willing to give a 10/10 off the top of my head is Memento. One of the best twists and best concepts in movie history for me.

Others I'd have to put more thought into.

jmdajr

Man. This whole No Man Sky deal is epic carny levels.

Not like I kept up with the game but damn. Community is coming down HARD. The promotion was all a work brother!

edit:
I heart so many f the movies listed. Just awesome.

I will add this to 10/10

Airplane!

edit edit:
2016-08-17-love-and-jobbers.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

they don't wanna get caught enjoying something that might not be real, so they're jumping at shadows

Man. This whole No Man Sky deal is epic carny levels.

Not like I kept up with the game but damn. Community is coming down HARD. The promotion was all a work brother!

It ain't much good. someone said it's as wide as an ocean, but with the depth of a puddle. I agree.

Mahonay

Banned
Thank you very much, friend. All the well wishes from wrassleGAF made my day.

So I just watched Raw... yeesh not terrible but not too great, I'm also surprised they blew the demon fin load on free tv. Looking forward to their match at SS though.
RAW has been really lame ever since that one huge RAW right after the brand split. I really have not enjoyed it, despite the absolutely stacked roster.

Smackdown had been getting gradually better and doing the work to build some long term storylines.

SummerSlam should be pretty good though hopefully. TakeOver the night before should be killer too.

The only movie I am willing to give a 10/10 off the top of my head is Memento. One of the best twists and best concepts in movie history for me.

Others I'd have to put more thought into.
Memento gives me a headache every time I think about the plot and get this, I've watched it at least 6 times. It took me two times to figure everything after I laid in bed sleeping on it. Another one is the prestige, they're both right up there as far as mind fuck headache movies go

jmdajr

I barely saw Mask of Phantasm recently. Guess you had to grow up with it.

Not like I hated it. But it never once made me say WOW.

edit: ok maybe this.

LuWqou0.gif

Last night's SmackDown Live on the USA Network did 2,471,000 viewers for the two hour broadcast, virtually identical to last week's 2,455,000.

The show is still up from the 2.1-2.2 million range that it was doing prior to the brand split and the move to a live show on Tuesdays. Especially considering that the last couple weeks have been against competition from the Olympics, that has to be considered a good sign.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/smackdown-ratings-hold-steady-against-olympics-218871

Best brand.

Marvel

could never
RAW has been really lame ever since that one huge RAW right after the brand split. I really have not enjoyed it, despite the absolutely stacked roster.

Smackdown had been getting gradually better and doing the work to build some long term storylines.

SummerSlam should be pretty good though hopefully. TakeOver the night before should be killer too.
It's def not as hot as it was on laubnch night, no. Shame

SD has been ok yeah!

Really interested to see how the ratings go when MNF starts in a few weeks. Will SD beat Raw? Will the viewers who normally watch wrestling on Monday shift to Tuesday due to football, or will they just not watch at all?

Drunken Master and Drunken Master 2 are amazing.

Also if you haven't seen check out Wheels on Meals it's Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung at their very best. The end is just straight crazy fight after crazy fight.

Edit: beaten like a man selling dodgy hot dogs that gives everybody food poisoning.

Aiii

So not worth it

He missed the worst offense, the clickbait title sites like LoP that omit names from the title to make you click, "FORMER DIVAS CHAMPION CALLS OUT NXT ROOKIE ON TWITTER" fuck right off.

Once said something about that in their comments and was immediately banned heh.

I think I might kick back, order some Domino's, and watch the first Mortal Kombat movie tonight. It's been a while.
He missed the worst offense, the clickbait title sites like LoP that omit names from the title to make you click, "FORMER DIVAS CHAMPION CALLS OUT NXT ROOKIE ON TWITTER" fuck right off.

Once said something about that in their comments and was immediately banned heh.

It's in the second panel!

Top Bottom