• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

dream

Let this be a lesson for all of us. Getting a sidepiece who is half our age may seem like a good idea at first. The next thing you know she's posting pictures of us on Instagram, getting tattoos of our ethnic petnames, and introducing us to hard street drugs.

Marvel

could never
Still waiting for that Lesnar suspension WWE
xWrfvNp.jpg

dunno if i really believe this, but db pretty much says he thinks he is fine and wwe was extremely strict in not clearing him after he got one failed test out of several positive ones, cos that's what they were looking for.

i dunno. i can see him wrestling again, just maybe not in the WWE once the GM run is done. the way he talked about it, it wasn't his choice to do this, some kind of contractual obligation.

There's an irony in WWE forcing him into retirement for his mental heath, and then right after directly causing harm to his mental health by forcing him to be so close to wrestling.

Just hope he comes to terms with it within his contract or else he's going to wrestle elsewhere.

Leaving for Japan on Friday friends, hope I'll make it big during my 1-year run over there

It's hard to get over in the Japanese territories. I hope you enjoy cooking and cleaning for the veterans and scrubbing dojos.

But, if you get a line on that Dragon Gate Water, let us know. But don't bother Lesnar, Paige, or Del Rio: they have a source already.

There's an irony in WWE forcing him into retirement for his mental heath, and then right after directly causing harm to his mental health by forcing him to be so close to wrestling.

Just hope he comes to terms with it within his contract or else he's going to wrestle elsewhere.

Except he chose to be a commentator, soooooo

Syder

Youngest wellness policy violation, right? Serious injury or no, you just can't see this girl having a long career with WWE at this point.

gun_haver

A job where he works one day a month and didn't conflict with him pursuing college.

yeah he pointed this out as the difference - the CWC was a temporary, light gig that sounded fun to him, but the GM on actual tv every week role requires way more involvement in an open ended way.

just saying pals. we dunno what is true. we won't until 15 years from now somebody posts scans of those contracts.

Fox318

https://twitter.com/pwunlimited/status/766000096823635968

Probably the most shocking news is that D-Bry may be out of Booker's fav five. It's suspect though, because I think Booker doesn't like that the little Daniel is getting attention for talking smack when he was doing it before.

So Booker T takes offense to that but he keeps his mouth shut about that HHH feud?

You know the only match that was conveniently left off the mania of wrestlemania doc?

Where HHH told him about his "role" in life and how people like Booker T don't get to be world champ?

But Booker T takes offense to WWE's stupid naming policy and Bryan making a mistake on a name?

gun_haver

So Booker T takes offense to that but he keeps his mouth shut about that HHH feud?

You know the only match that was conveniently left off the mania of wrestlemania doc?

Where HHH told him about his "role" in life and how people like Booker T don't get to be world champ?

But Booker T takes offense to WWE's stupid naming policy and Bryan making a mistake on a name?

image.php

The man is employed, and it's a new age in terms of that kinda thing. Come on son. It was a fair point he made - DB doesn't seem to be a racist, but it was cultural racism that created the name Apollo Crews in the first place, it's slight, but its there. The blame doesn't fall on DB for that, but I think it's a valid point to bring up. Let's not attack Booker on this one.

Barrage

A job where he works one day a month and didn't conflict with him pursuing college.

If they're still paying him hundreds of thousands of dollars (they are) I wouldn't say WWE is overstepping it boundaries by using him as an onscreen talent, to get some return on that investment.

Anth0ny

bryan is going to shoot in the middle of the ring one day on smackdown, telling the world he quits wwe and will continue to wrestle in new japan pro wrestling with katsuyori shibata

5TIN62G.gif

Don't get worked

DMczaf

WrassleGAF suspends Zach

NeoGAF. — WrassleGAF has suspended Zachary (Zach) for 30 days effective tomorrow, Thursday, Aug. 18, for his first violation of the thread's talent wellness policy.

So how does the testing work? I know it's unexpected, but how are people chosen? Do they randomly pluck a single wrestler every week or do they do all wrestlers at once? Like one day they go for the entire roster, when they arrive at the arena and oh-no, there's a tent set up.

Top Bottom