• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a bad week for my bank account. Why did I buy Uncharted and Overwatch the same week that my Fire Emblem preorder came out? D:

Gah! The Canberra job interview is on my birthday. Maybe that bodes well?

Also, does anyone know where I can find Xenoblade Chronicles X for a reasonable price? It seems as though neither Big W or Target stock it anymore and both JB and EB have it at $90.

Good luck! :D I hope it's early so you can do something nice for your birthday afterwards.

I will probably end up in Canberra eventually with government work, so you'd better start working on a nice Canberra-gaf base.

Jintor

i'm only resisting overwatch because i have jlpt in july, i'm already playing fire emblem, and i'm moving countries in august. ==;;

shan you got your city yet? i'm filling out my shit for my successor, deadline is 30th of may for me to hand in. i'm guessing you'll get placements first week june?

i'm only resisting overwatch because i have jlpt in july, i'm already playing fire emblem, and i'm moving countries in august. ==;;

shan you got your city yet? i'm filling out my shit for my successor, deadline is 30th of may for me to hand in. i'm guessing you'll get placements first week june?

Not yet ;.; But I'm hoping for tomorrow since most of the other Australian cities got theirs friday or today (I think it's just Syd and Bris now).

And yeaaaaaah. Me too D: I should probably start studying for that. Also the Italian proficiency exam I signed up for around the same time. Which level are you going for?

Jintor

3. i need to grind grammar and listening... i'm really not very confident, but hopefully i can get some shit done in the next month or so. I'm neaaaaaarly there... maybe.

thank god it's input only ==;;

3. i need to grind grammar and listening... i'm really not very confident, but hopefully i can get some shit done in the next month or so. I'm neaaaaaarly there... maybe.

thank god it's input only ==;;

I'm sure you'll do fine, especially with a bit of study time left ^^ But yeah I think that input only part is going to save me, maybe. My writing has just wasted away. Just remember! 50% ~

dity

If they merge, they would be called CoNZ

CommNZ

COMMIES?

But really, I'm looking to switch from St Internet-Banking-Goes-Down-Every-Other-Day George to another bank so lil ol' me doesn't get locked out of transfers at the check out. I've been with Georgey my whole life though so I'm venturing out into the unknown.

commbank has some scheduled maintenance at times but is very solid. honestly the annoying bits is when i go to use the app and its been updated and it forces me to sit and swipe through them telling me what they changed. i dont care, im not going to use it

Quasar

My dad and I did it to his house for like the cost of the plastic wall outlets and a days work. Recommend a long steel rod for routing cables

I think I'm a bit too lazy to try and do that all myself. I probably would rather trust some experienced person. Plus I'd need some phone extension installed from the NBN box to where I'd want a home phone.

In any case I'd hope quotes would give me an idea of just how pricey it is. Which would impact whether I'd feel the need to try to do it myself.

My choices of techs to ask for quotes though has not been great it seems. Approached 6 different companies via web pages 2 weeks ago the today I finally got one response. Maybe my job is too small for them to even be bothered.

I've been with Westpac since year 9 in HS when I won a Math competition and the only way I could get the $40 was to open an account with them! Only issue I've had was they accidentally overdrew the account once and charged me $70 for the privilege, got the cash back eventually.

Since they own St. George you can also use those ATMs without the $2 charge.

Gazunta

I want to go home and play anything, just anything I don't care what, my life is just working and driving to work and driving home from work and the last six pages of Rose #3 which just will not ever be finished ever because all I do is work and drive to and from work.

I think I'm a bit too lazy to try and do that all myself. I probably would rather trust some experienced person. Plus I'd need some phone extension installed from the NBN box to where I'd want a home phone.

In any case I'd hope quotes would give me an idea of just how pricey it is. Which would impact whether I'd feel the need to try to do it myself.

My choices of techs to ask for quotes though has not been great it seems. Approached 6 different companies via web pages 2 weeks ago the today I finally got one response. Maybe my job is too small for them to even be bothered.

I have a few tradie mates who won't even return calls if it's not worth their time. Also tradies and technology don't go well together, I'd suggest calling them.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This was a bad week for my bank account. Why did I buy Uncharted and Overwatch the same week that my Fire Emblem preorder came out? D:

Good luck! :D I hope it's early so you can do something nice for your birthday afterwards.

I will probably end up in Canberra eventually with government work, so you'd better start working on a nice Canberra-gaf base.

I just want to go home and play Overwatch.

Mine is waiting for me to get home and play it too. Can't wait.

Anyone else jumping on Overwatch tomorrow? I'm getting it on PC.

Oh shit that's tomorrow

I'm gonna pick it up next I get paid though. Friday it is!

Pre-loaded on PS4. Can't wait :)

Yeh needed a walk today at work. So I bought Overwatch... odds are i'll play half a dozen games and never touch it again. But ohwell. Blizzard box looks nice

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
uTx38ed.png

Great ad gaf

Rezbit

Overwatch is certainly not the deepest or most content rich game, but for me it ticked the most important box - it's fun.

^^Lol Holy

I want to go home and play anything, just anything I don't care what, my life is just working and driving to work and driving home from work and the last six pages of Rose #3 which just will not ever be finished ever because all I do is work and drive to and from work.

if it was good enough for the Marvel artists in the
mythical
bullpen, its good enough for you. Less whining, more lining.
Maybe you need a self-driving car so you can rest your SP2 against the steering wheel while you draw and watch as other motorists get annoyed at all the honking.

uTx38ed.png

Great ad gaf

I wanna say I know what you mean, but for reasons, I don't know what you mean.

Quasar

I have a few tradie mates who won't even return calls if it's not worth their time. Also tradies and technology don't go well together, I'd suggest calling them.

You'd think networking guys would be a bit different though.

In any case the guy who responded was amused/confused by my email address I gave which is a .xyz domain.

Ignoring the fact that internet to Tassie was on and off tonight, Overwatch was fantastic. Too bad I'm going to see X-Men tomorrow night instead of playing.

dity

$69 for just the game from Battle.net is still the cheapest, since Aussie retaillers are only selling the Origins or Collectors edition.

Lazaro

shopticals.png

Ebay/Myer are giving away free VR cardboard viewers to promote their new Ebay vr app experience. At least 15000 will given away. A minimum of a 1000 headsets' will given away each day.

https://vr.ebay.com.au/

Registrations/orders begin at 7AM AEST each day.

dity

shopticals.png

Ebay/Myer are giving away free VR cardboard viewers to promote their new Ebay vr app experience. At least 15000 will given away. A minimum of a 1000 headsets' will given away each day.

https://vr.ebay.com.au/

Registrations/orders begin at 7AM AEST each day.

Well, it just hit 7am. So I'm game for free stuff.

*Fake edit: Well, the page says I'll get mine in a week. Neat.

Kritz

Banned

:( my life feels the same but with an appending, "also girls are hard".

Hobart traffic is so bad I spend 2.5 hours on busses that totals all of 15km travelled

ANZ is garbage and their internet banking systems are waaay behind the times e.g. your credit cards aren't real time data, they're a day old. Commbank have the most invested in backend infrastructure that leads to their internet banking/investment systems.

Commbank by a mile, just play them off each other to get discounts before signing up.

mulac

HODOR

Overwatch is really fun you guys, even funnerer with friends.

Agreed! Booted it up this morning before work and completed the tutorials, dived into a game...and immediately got dismantled.

Playing on America's region though so that might be why (or i suck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom