• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

That was my 2011 setup.

The CPU aged better than the GPU
I meant to get a 970 but I never got around to it, and I never played anything that needed it. I'm going to try really hard to actually buy a 1070 this year though because Deus Ex is coming out. The only things that have audibly stressed the card are Ethan Carter and Defense Grid 2 for some reason too.

Funnily enough I got this rig when Human Revolution and Space Marine were coming out.

Gazunta

I'm still rocking a 6502 CPU and it's glorious.

So who else is starting to feel really good about never buying an Xbox One?

mulac

Are there any AusGAF Dark Souls 3 players kicking around this arvo on PS4 up for some Shackle PVP farming. I have 6 left to grab and is doing my head in...

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I love going to the movies by myself, you can see what you want and don't have to worry about what anyone else thinks. That said, my wife is pretty keen to see any movies I want to see (with the exception of over the too action movies, but I have a bro squad to see them with), as long as I go see animated movies with her, which I am always up for.

Mmmmmm it will just OK. Pretty forgettable.
I'm not calling it Oscar worthy but we had a good laugh and that's all that matters :)

Idk how I quoted rezbit lol

The greatest regret of my life is purchasing a base 2500 and not shelling out extra for the 2500k. I'm still using the 2500, but I'm reminded constantly that the 2500k would have been a much better decision.

I got rid of the 560ti from that build years ago.

If there's one thing I know that AusGAF likes it's beer!

Dan Murphy's is doing cartons of 16 Murray's Angry Man Pale or Murray's Whale Ale for $29.90. That's a good $20 cheaper than normal, so I'd recommend jumping on it (not a fan of the Whale personally, but I do enjoy the Angry Man).

They are also doing 4 packs for $7.90 for those not keen to grab a full carton.

Deals is definitely valid in QLD, not sure about other states.

The greatest regret of my life is purchasing a base 2500 and not shelling out extra for the 2500k. I'm still using the 2500, but I'm reminded constantly that the 2500k would have been a much better decision.

I got rid of the 560ti from that build years ago.

I was on 2500 non-k as well because I went in on the day it came out... and the system didn't have any record of the k version. Neither did PCCG. So I just bought the 2500 and then like 2 days later the K showed up in Australia and I was fuming but didn't want to have to rebuild.

Rezbit

I'm so sorry.

Here have a quote <3

wsIsDDz.png

Shaneus

I'm still rocking a 6502 CPU and it's glorious.

Me. Literally the only things I was going to get on it would be another PGR (lol), Crackdown and Forza (both Horizon *and* Motorsport). Now I might just get me a controller, and hope my R9 280X is up for doing somewhat justice to the One.

Cerity

I'm still feeling really good about not buying consoles in general this gen (wii u excepting). The only thing I really want to play on either is bloodborne. Granted the slew of jrpg's coming means I'll probably be picking up a ps4 by the end of the year.

Cerity

If I need more power I'll probably drop in another 290x. I'm more interested in a monitor upgrade atm, I'm using a NEC 46" monitor I grabbed from work as they were throwing them out but the damn thing is too big and gives me motion sickness when I play any games with a fast moving camera. Outside of that I only have 23" monitors which I find too small now. I'm looking at jumping on the 21:9 train at some point.

I wanted to get a 1080 but that $1200 price tag is ridiculous. The 1070 is still going to be significantly higher than the 970 as well, thinks aren't looking good for pc parts in Aus.

Are they ever?

Might consider a 1070 when I build my new comp in the next 3 months or so but it will depend on how the price compares to a 980Ti at the time.

radaxian

Yeah. Should be like 950$ or so.

I'm going to build a new box in the next month or two, has been more than 6 years for me. Will probably get a 1070. Price given was US$379 for non-founders versions - if they're much more than $600 here people will surely just import?

Finding stock will probably be an issue initially I guess.

Quasar

I'm going to build a new box in the next month or two, has been more than 6 years for me. Will probably get a 1070. Price given was US$379 for non-founders versions - if they're much more than $600 here people will surely just import?

Finding stock will probably be an issue initially I guess.

Oh I was referring to the 600$ 1080. Thats like 800$ AUD. Once you add in gst and some shipping and profit it really shouldnt be more than $1000.

Cerity

watch the 1070 be something like $749. If I were in the market for either of the cards I'd definitely be importing from newegg/amazon/wherever. Launch prices and availability for new cards in Australia is bonkers.

Shaneus

If I need more power I'll probably drop in another 290x. I'm more interested in a monitor upgrade atm, I'm using a NEC 46" monitor I grabbed from work as they were throwing them out but the damn thing is too big and gives me motion sickness when I play any games with a fast moving camera. Outside of that I only have 23" monitors which I find too small now. I'm looking at jumping on the 21:9 train at some point.
Oh man, you're really going to look at Crossfire? If my last setup (5970+5850) taught me anything, it's that I spent more time fucking around with CFX profile settings than actually playing games.

Having said that, I'd probably buy another 280X if one comes along that's cheap enough :/ Glutton for punishment.

senahorse

Feel kind of good buying neither the PS4 or Xbone, it's only now that they are starting to have a library (of exclusives) that are worth buying one for, now I will just wait for the .5 editions.

Quasar

I dont particularly feel better due to anything recent. But after last gen I learnt my lesson that anymore than one console per gen is a waste. They will just sit around collecting dust.

Well...thats not really true. I still bought a wiiu that also became a dust collector. Thankfully I got it dirt cheap in one of the many wiiu fire sales.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing X-Men over The Nice Guys was a mistake TDM, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom