• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

I feel like I'm the only person who has no hype for Overwatch whatsoever.

On the other hand, 3 more weeks until Hearts of iron 4!

Shaneus

I have no hype for basically any game at all right now. Doesn't help that I really can't afford/justify getting anything ~$50+.

Except Doom. Really itching to get that one. But I know I have enough new/untouched games anyway that it actually doesn't matter.

Kritz

Banned
Where are you located? That seems way too high lol.

Only New Town. Regent St has just been nightmarish for busses. I leave work at 5 and sometimes don't reach New Town until 6:30.

also i just updated from "girls are hard" to "breakups are easy", with an additional "compiling for iOS is hard" added in. :>

I played the Beta and it was a lot of fun, I just don't have time for the game right now. I still haven't played the Hitman Sapienza level, and the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3 comes out next week.

If I didn't have other stuff to play then I definitely would've picked it up.

Dryk

I have no hype for basically any game at all right now. Doesn't help that I really can't afford/justify getting anything ~$50+.

Except Doom. Really itching to get that one. But I know I have enough new/untouched games anyway that it actually doesn't matter.
I'm the same, I'm just buying Humble Bundles and enjoying my backlog lately. Mini Metro is amazing! Though I just hit the second to last map which has a big difficulty spike XD

senahorse

Only New Town. Regent St has just been nightmarish for busses. I leave work at 5 and sometimes don't reach New Town until 6:30.

also i just updated from "girls are hard" to "breakups are easy", with an additional "compiling for iOS is hard" added in. :>

Check out iOS build environment, and you can compile in windows, still need to do all the cert, provisioning file crap, but overall it makes the experience much better.

Sorry Kritz :(

Goddamn. Even during the worst of peak hour I get to Bellerive in <35 minutes. I think there was one time it took 40ish but that was like with hold ups due to construction work.

MoonGred

You are a good man.

This is my first HOI, hopefully it goes better than CK2, where I was completely lost
I still don't know what to do
I was hoping Paradox would send early copies to Quil18 and the likes so I can at least get somewhat of an understanding of the mechanics but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Kritz

Banned
A quick Google Maps fuck around shows that walking would probably be quicker haha.

Wow

a few times last month the bus driver would just open the doors in the middle of traffic and let anyone just walk off the bus into the road because it's not like the traffic was moving anyway it's been okay-ish this week, I've at least been getting home around 6. But it's been hard to concentrate on life anyway.

It's possible my utas job is ending sooner than expected because budgets, I should probably find something to do for a few weeks after that happens. And then get back into cbd dev I guess.

Excuse me but I am wonderful company. I can talk for hours about many highly interesting topics such as Babylon 5, the Oxford comma, and the impact of the Spanish Civil War on the design of early-war German armoured fighting vehicles.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Excuse me but I am wonderful company. I can talk for hours about many highly interesting topics such as Babylon 5, the Oxford comma, and the impact of the Spanish Civil War on the design of early-war German armoured fighting vehicles.

What impacts did it have on their designs????

What impacts did it have on their designs????

Well Holy, the deployment of German armour such as the Panzer I saw them facing off against contemporaneous soviet designs such as the T-26. The Pz I was armed with machineguns and its armour was designed to be proof against similar weapons. The T-26 was armed with a 45mm gun, which represented a significant firepower advantage. Given that they were deployed in significant numbers, this made it apparent that future designs would need to be resistant against shells, not just bullets.

The Panzer II was already under development, and was also thinly armoured and armed with a modest 20mm gun. The Panzer III and IV, designed with the SCW combat experience in mind, were over twice as heavy, featuring much thicker armour and much larger guns (50mm long barrelled for the III, and 75mm short barrelled for the IV). The two vehicles were designed to complement each other, the PzIII designed to tackle enemy tanks, while the PzIV was designed to provide fire support for the infantry.

Jintor

do you pull that from memory? i think i lost the trivia parts of my brain. even when it comes to stuff i like I need to constantly refer to offboard memory storage

do you pull that from memory? i think i lost the trivia parts of my brain. even when it comes to stuff i like I need to constantly refer to offboard memory storage

Mostly but I double checked a few things before I hit post. Good thing too since I almost said BT7 instead of T-26, which would have been super awkward.

Dead Man

God bless the Christie suspension. Made the Russian tanks vastly more capable.

I mean, no, don't talk about inter war technological innovations.

Had to give the keys to my place to a stranger to pet sit my cat while I'm in Europe this week. Feels weird, man. I used to board pets but after his trip halfway across the globe, I thought this would be better for him.

Still anxious though.

I have a 3DS with about 5 Phoenix wright games on it for the next week. If I'm really lucky I'll find my old PSOne console which has been in a cupboard for 15 years.

Thanks, I'll just wait for a reasonable price. Loved the beta and I want to play but not going to spend 80 bucks.

I played the Beta and it was a lot of fun, I just don't have time for the game right now. I still haven't played the Hitman Sapienza level, and the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3 comes out next week.

If I didn't have other stuff to play then I definitely would've picked it up.

Yeah since Overwatch has no progression or unlocks, playing at launch or after a month makes no difference.

I'll be busy with The Division 1.2 update this week and TW3 Blood and Wine next week.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well Holy, the deployment of German armour such as the Panzer I saw them facing off against contemporaneous soviet designs such as the T-26. The Pz I was armed with machineguns and its armour was designed to be proof against similar weapons. The T-26 was armed with a 45mm gun, which represented a significant firepower advantage. Given that they were deployed in significant numbers, this made it apparent that future designs would need to be resistant against shells, not just bullets.

The Panzer II was already under development, and was also thinly armoured and armed with a modest 20mm gun. The Panzer III and IV, designed with the SCW combat experience in mind, were over twice as heavy, featuring much thicker armour and much larger guns (50mm long barrelled for the III, and 75mm short barrelled for the IV). The two vehicles were designed to complement each other, the PzIII designed to tackle enemy tanks, while the PzIV was designed to provide fire support for the infantry.

hmm yes.
yes.

13235552_1088953871161260_2716558121761893459_o.jpg

jambo

This is my DOOM setup =P

svcXC2Q.jpg

Got 16 fps going over the big bridge to the Argent Tower and then 23 fps inside the Argent core thing.

Can't wait for those 1070s...

X-Men was pretty good tbh. If you like the others then it'll be for you. Jennifer Lawrence continues to be grossly miscast.

Overwatch afterwards was awesome great.

This is my DOOM setup =P

svcXC2Q.jpg

Got 16 fps going over the big bridge to the Argent Tower and then 23 fps inside the Argent core thing.

Looks similar to my work PC except that's sub min spec and everything's on low, minimum and 720p. It hits a solid 30 though.

It's a good game and I almost doubled dipped on a Console version to play at home, but maybe not that good.

This is my DOOM setup =P

svcXC2Q.jpg

You running it on a toaster? o_O

X-Men was pretty good tbh. If you like the others then it'll be for you. Jennifer Lawrence continues to be grossly miscast.

Overwatch afterwards was awesome great.

Yeah funny how Lawrence thinks McAvoy & Fassbender will quit the series if she doesn't get another big paycheck to come back for another one a phone it in. Even in First Class which I didn't really like I was shocked at how bad she was, sucks because she's awesome in a lot of movies.

Stackboy

Fuck I need to find someone to go with coz I feel stupid going to the movies alone

I love going to the movies by myself, you can see what you want and don't have to worry about what anyone else thinks. That said, my wife is pretty keen to see any movies I want to see (with the exception of over the too action movies, but I have a bro squad to see them with), as long as I go see animated movies with her, which I am always up for.

You're all terrible people. Xmen was güd.

Mmmmmm it will just OK. Pretty forgettable.

Shaneus

I'm the same, I'm just buying Humble Bundles and enjoying my backlog lately. Mini Metro is amazing! Though I just hit the second to last map which has a big difficulty spike XD
I only just realised two days ago that I'd bought the Capcom HB twice... once last year and the redux a few weeks ago :/

Has Doom started going for any cheaper yet? Guess I'm waiting for it to be a GPU bundle game so people sell it cheap. Pretty sure that's my only hope of playing it anytime soon.

Ah that makes sense, resolution would be a big hit. Still rocking a 2500k?

(cards plural though?)
I'm still rocking the 2500K. Is that from 2010? Jesus.

4.9GHz overclock and stable as hell too, pretty happy about that.

Yeah funny how Lawrence thinks McAvoy & Fassbender will quit the series if she doesn't get another big paycheck to come back for another one a phone it in. Even in First Class which I didn't really like I was shocked at how bad she was, sucks because she's awesome in a lot of movies.

Phoning it in is right. McAvoy and Fassbender were still solid in this new one. I was also surprised that I didn't hate Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. She was actually not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom