• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Man that sucks, fucking cancer.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with Channel 9? I'm watching the ODI replay on Foxtel atm and it's in glorious HD.

Even when they cut to GEM during the news for 30 minutes it was in shitty SD.

That's awful Axiom :( I can't even comprehend how scary that would be. I hope he pulls through.
I have always wanted to try out Munchkin.

Has their sale started already or is it tomorrow? Because everything on their site looks discounted.

Munchkin is $30. ... any other boardgames that are good for 3+ players that don't take longer than a turn or two to learn?

I'm surprised you've never played it tbh. I've only played it a few times, but (minus the time Brisgaf played and I had to leave) I have won every game I've played. So I would say its good :p

Wow how fucking drunk am I?
Or am I just wasted?
Is there a difference?

N0VAM0D

So my 18 y/o unofficial sister just found out tonight her 19 year old boyfriend has a brain tumor, and it's been sitting there undiagnosed for so long he's got a 50/50 chance of surviving the urgent operation tomorrow.

He's been going to the doctors all the time, and even been in hospital complaining about this stuff. He even had a brain scan two weeks ago and somehow the Doctor missed a tumor the size of a golf ball.

Fuck cancer.

Agh, that's terrible. I hope everything turns out okay.

Damn, I haven't really been on GAF this entire week. I blame the Mass Effect series. I saw the games going cheap, so I decided to buy them and see what it was all about. Let's just say I'm enjoying the games a lot.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm tempted by that EB PSVITA for $199 only because shiny. I figured with a memory card and then a playstation+ subscription, I probably wouldn't really need to buy any games for the system, since it sort of has none and most will be thrown on PS+ a month or two later anyway, maybe .. right?

It also ends tomorrow. Ruh roh!

I probably still won't buy it but it got me thinking. I'm not too sure if I can honestly be fucked playing anything other than PC stuff these days, I've become slack.

hamchan

I'm tempted by that EB PSVITA for $199 only because shiny. I figured with a memory card and then a playstation+ subscription, I probably wouldn't really need to buy any games for the system, since it sort of has none and most will be thrown on PS+ a month or two later anyway, maybe .. right?

I probably still won't buy it but it got me thinking. I'm not too sure if I can honestly be fucked playing anything other than PC stuff these days, I've become slack.

I thought the same thing and then I ended up buying like 10 more games.

Shaneus

But then why would you buy it if Vita has no game?

FWIW, Wario posted on his Twitter that Amazon is now selling 32gb memory for ~$75. Still pricey, but not bad.

PS. Buy Lumines.

PPS. So I'm going to buy both Lost Planet 2 and RE5 at GMG because I suck. Fucking hell.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why is it so hard to buy fabric online? I want to try and find some soft cotton, that you could use for a dress with cherry blossom or frangipani patterns on them. This shit is hard!

@Axiom - That's horrible news. I can only hope he pulls through with the surgery today, Best of luck to the man.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Wreck It Ralph!

Great news! I only just complained about it yesterday on Twitter.

Also lol
He highlights that this is just a release on bail, it isn’t a definitive end of the cause, court dealings will continue further. The time frame cannot be estimated, Greek judges are still on strike.
I wonder if they will even have time to try them. Once they leave the country they will probably be like, "Eh."

So my 18 y/o unofficial sister just found out tonight her 19 year old boyfriend has a brain tumor, and it's been sitting there undiagnosed for so long he's got a 50/50 chance of surviving the urgent operation tomorrow.

He's been going to the doctors all the time, and even been in hospital complaining about this stuff. He even had a brain scan two weeks ago and somehow the Doctor missed a tumor the size of a golf ball.

Fuck cancer.
Shit that sucks, hope the operation is a success.

I've heard of a few doctors missing stuff like that, really worries the fuck out of me. My boss had a cancer scare after he got a mole looked at a few years ago and was told not to worry about it, turned out to be cancer and had it taken out and treatment last year (thankfully everything went great so far).

Is there a difference?
You cut out the qualifier

"The intro CGI video for Fable 3 is fantastic.
Then it cuts to ingame cutscene that runs at like 10FPS and is blurry as all fuck.

Or am I just wasted?"

Trying to work out if the game was indeed blurry, jaggy, screen tearing and running at a low frame rate on the Xbox or if I had just had too much to drink at that point.

:)

Why is it so hard to buy fabric online? I want to try and find some soft cotton, that you could use for a dress with cherry blossom or frangipani patterns on them. This shit is hard!

Spotlight dude. Best place to pick up chicks too. Because they can sew. And are chicks.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Spotlight dude. Best place to pick up chicks too. Because they can sew. And are chicks.

The girl at work shops at spotlight, so that's no good to me. Plus she deals with them through work.

I'm pretty sure they don't have the 2 fabric patterns I have in mind, otherwise she would have grabbed them already.

Omikron

The girl at work shops at spotlight, so that's no good to me. Plus she deals with them through work.

I'm pretty sure they don't have the 2 fabric patterns I have in mind, otherwise she would have grabbed them already.
There is A fabric place in the CBD, Cleggs or something. On Elizabeth St.

I was tempted by Weezer, but I never really had a chance to get into their debut. I overdid it with Pinkerton then I was all Weezer'd out. If they did Pinkerton in full... damn. That'd be incredible.

Oh, but they did!
www.fasterlouder.com.au/reviews/events/34664/Weezer-Pinkerton-Palais-Melbourne-170113

Fuck cancer.

It's scary how a doctor can miss something like that, I hope everything works out for the best.

Ain't no sale like a GMG Capcpom Sale!!!

Use GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK to get the below prices

Dark Void Zero for $1
SSFIVAE for $8
Dead Rising 2 for $4
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record for $6
Devil May Cry 4 for $5
Lost Planet 2 for $8
Resident Evil 5 for $8

All Steamkeys as usual

Danoss

Why is that a thing? You don't want to be seen in the same floral pattern dress as her? You girls are funny.

Jokes aside, Lincraft is also a place much the same as Spotlight and there should be a location nearby.

Super Hexagon is out for Androids, 99c for launch!

Also awesome interview on RPS where Alec admits his shortcomings and gives some more context to how these promotional sessions give a view of developers and video games that are wildly out of the context we may read them in. One of those tools that publishers use because they are the old standard, used in movies and music, that is nowhere near as effective in informing the public as forum discussions or emails between the creators and the media/public. The sessions do work well if the PR can control what is detailed in them though, which is why you see the majority of previews contain nothing negative whatsoever. It is rare they contain any new information too. Just the standard marketing dot points being hit.

Ningo

Fuck cancer.

Wishing for all the best, my father had a brain tumor two years ago and yea the waiting for the operation result is the worst.

Are you buying a girl fabric as a way of ingratiating yourself with her?

Hope it all turns out well axiom.

Why is it so hard to buy fabric online? I want to try and find some soft cotton, that you could use for a dress with cherry blossom or frangipani patterns on them. This shit is hard!.

homer_mumu1.jpg

Fogz

They came across a lag bug, seems like they won't be able to work out how to get around it. Since it is a twitch game they basically said don't buy it if you will only play it on Nexus 7.

Ah ok. Still works fine on my phone. First game I lasted 2.26s :p

EDIT: My eyes!

markot

Banned
Phone plans are so stupid... I mean, they give you this 'value' then they up the cost of phone calls to like $2+ a minute >_>? Its like giving someone $1 billion in phone credit! With 1 million dollar a minute phone calls...

Phone plans are so stupid... I mean, they give you this 'value' then they up the cost of phone calls to like $2+ a minute >_>? Its like giving someone $1 billion in phone credit! With 1 million dollar a minute phone calls...

Yeah! What is this? Zimbabwe?

You watch Tennis on Channel 7 and all you get are commercials for their new shows every two games won.

It was fine then the commentators kept saying how "awesome" and "cool" these new shows will be after the ad which just made it unbearable :(

I keep forgetting how bad NRL advertising is
TAB SportsBet commentator on the sideline spouting odds
Then an ad break from TAB Sportsbet telling you that you can still bet
Then the game returns
Then the commentators remind you to bet

Kritz

Banned
I instantly regret saying to myself, "you know what would be cool? A website that supports phones, small screens and large screens." Because something like that requires planning, and I am noooot good at planning things.

And I should be working on my game instead.

Go federer!!!

I keep forgetting how bad NRL advertising is
TAB SportsBet commentator on the sideline spouting odds
Then an ad break from TAB Sportsbet telling you that you can still bet
Then the game returns
Then the commentators remind you to bet

When are they banning that, I remember reading somewhere it would be soon.

Serrels is in the media.

The Fable 3 dog is more like a cat. It just goes where ever the fuck it wants and catches up with me eventually. Usually when I want to check an expected dig site. Fucker.

Also they built an ingame DLC store! Nice.

Shaneus

Yeah! What is this? Zimbabwe?
VF8eesBl.jpg

Serrels is in the media.

The Fable 3 dog is more like a cat. It just goes where ever the fuck it wants and catches up with me eventually. Usually when I want to check an expected dig site. Fucker.

Also they built an ingame DLC store! Nice.
I would probably pay good money for Fable 2 on PC. From what I played of it on 360, it was quite decent without being overly janky or horrible. Hell, it even had charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom