• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lionhead should have made a Discworld game.

They do good writing, great wit, great English humour.
They do great art direction.
They do easy peasy gameplay with a thousand different hand holding techniques built in so you can't get frustrated at the difficulty thrown at you by enemies.

An adventure game with minimal gameplay would be perfect! Because their gameplay quality has regressed in every game since Fable 2. Their attempts at doing something cool lead to them falling flat on their face due to not being up to the task, leading to huge performance issues and generally strange experiences.

Just do an adventure title!

Someone just give me Discworld Noir 2 FFS! I don't even care who from!

Dead Man

Lionhead should have made a Discworld game.

They do good writing, great wit, great English humour.
They do great art direction.
They do easy peasy gameplay with a thousand different hand holding techniques built in so you can't get frustrated at the difficulty thrown at you by enemies.

An adventure game with minimal gameplay would be perfect! Because their gameplay quality has regressed in every game since Fable 2. Their attempts at doing something cool lead to them falling flat on their face due to not being up to the task, leading to huge performance issues and generally strange experiences.

Just do an adventure title!

Someone just give me Discworld Noir 2 FFS! I don't even care who from!

That's... that's a great idea. Perfect fit.

Darklord

Banned
So... $228 for a 12gb PS3. Is it worth it so far into the cycle? I do kinda want to go back and play all the exclusives I missed.

VF8eesBl.jpg

:D

ht44pl.jpg

Prometheus ain't bad. At least the first half. It is after 10pm now though so I had to turn it off otherwise I will pee the bed tonight.

Idris Elba needs to hook up with MJW and do a buddy cop version of Black Dynamite. Set in the 1920's or something.

Dead Man

Unlike Tomic, the lint wouldn't rely on his forehand too much like some high school grade rookie. :p

Hah!

Prometheus ain't bad. At least the first half. It is after 10pm now though so I had to turn it off otherwise I will pee the bed tonight.

Idris Elba needs to hook up with MJW and do a buddy cop version of Black Dynamite. Set in the 1920's or something.

I thought I knew you :/

Rezbit

Prometheus is one of those movies that I thought I was enjoying at the time of viewing, then after I left the theatre and thought about it I was like hang on, that was some bullshit!

Rezbit

Lmao Hauritz taken two awesome catches in the BBL final. Always thought he was a shit bowler but pretty funny to see him troll the crowd.

I thought I knew you :/

Hey after the first half I really don't have any complaints in regards to its quality as a movie.

It doesn't really feel like an Alien movie though. Almost as if Scott wanted to delve into...

Wait, actually, I better read into the background. [goes to Wikipedia]

Jesus christ, what a fucking mess. So Scott wanted to do a prequel basically ignoring the Alien species in 2002, even Cameron wanted to do another movie but then Fox said they were going to do AvP regardless about what those 2 fucking wanted to Cameron told them they were killing the franchise with that POS idea and told them to get fucked. Even once Fox came crawling back to Scott to rebuild the IP they fucked him over as much as possible to get what they want and force him to direct. AND THEN THEY REWROTE THE SCRIPT LOL. Scott didn't want to make it Alien 0. And Lindeloff had been playing too much Final Fantasy. Which makes a hell of a lot of sense now, the film isn't just grandiose in it's framing plot the direction is very focused on impressing you with beautiful shit.

In any case the acting is mostly fantastic, aside from the main 2 which are just solid, it looks great, it moves along maybe a little too fast, Guy Pearce should have been in every scene, the mythos has a lot of potential despite a few reveals which removed ANY tension that could be generated.

Alien is a horror movie dripping with oppressive atmosphere as you watch a bunch of regular people lose their shit.

The first half of Prometheus is an airheads arthouse movie made by Hollywood using the marketing potential of the Alien IP.

Also Charlize Theron looks stupidly good looking as always. DOES SHE NOT AGE OR WHAT.

Also I hope there is more Guy Fucking Pearce, his promo stuff was awesome but I get the feeling most of his stuff ended up on the editing room floor :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How do I make an isometric roguelike video game?

How do I make video game?

Dead Man

Hey after the first half I really don't have any complaints in regards to its quality as a movie.

It doesn't really feel like an Alien movie though. Almost as if Scott wanted to delve into...

Wait, actually, I better read into the background. [goes to Wikipedia]

Jesus christ, what a fucking mess. So Scott wanted to do a prequel basically ignoring the Alien species in 2002, even Cameron wanted to do another movie but then Fox said they were going to do AvP regardless about what those 2 fucking wanted to Cameron told them they were killing the franchise with that POS idea and told them to get fucked. Even once Fox came crawling back to Scott to rebuild the IP they fucked him over as much as possible to get what they want and force him to direct. AND THEN THEY REWROTE THE SCRIPT LOL. Scott didn't want to make it Alien 0. And Lindeloff had been playing too much Final Fantasy. Which makes a hell of a lot of sense now, the film isn't just grandiose in it's framing plot the direction is very focused on impressing you with beautiful shit.

In any case the acting is mostly fantastic, aside from the main 2 which are just solid, it looks great, it moves along maybe a little too fast, Guy Pearce should have been in every scene, the mythos has a lot of potential despite a few reveals which removed ANY tension that could be generated.

Alien is a horror movie dripping with oppressive atmosphere as you watch a bunch of regular people lose their shit.

The first half of Prometheus is an airheads arthouse movie made by Hollywood using the marketing potential of the Alien IP.

Also Charlize Theron looks stupidly good looking as always. DOES SHE NOT AGE OR WHAT.

Also I hope there is more Guy Fucking Pearce, his promo stuff was awesome but I get the feeling most of his stuff ended up on the editing room floor :(

It has atmosphere and beauty all over the place, what is doesn't have is any logic or sense. And yeah, C Theron is amazing, but god damn does everything fall apart in the second half, even more than the ridiuclous premise at the start.

It has atmosphere and beauty all over the place, what is doesn't have is any logic or sense. And yeah, C Theron is amazing, but god damn does everything fall apart in the second half, even more than the ridiuclous premise at the start.

The part where
Dragon Tattoo chick runs back out into the solar winds to grab the predator head was fucking stupid. Also hot SAfrican chick should have beat the shit out of her for that stupid move, just ignoring the boneheaded move was totally not what the character would have done. Also lol at reverse firestarter Bernbaum dude getting lost with his bumbuddy, why the fuck would you turn tail and run home IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO GET HOME lol fuckwit.

I'm up to the bit where young Magneto poisons the Tom Hardy looking romantic interest. Fucking robots, can't trust the fuckers [OH HAI THAR ALIEN WON REFERENCE]

So yeah
217521921_7GXmh-L-2.jpg

It's still fun though.

I just finished watching all the Bond movies. ALL OF THEM.
I can handle this Lost level bullshit no problems, my brain is loving this.

Yagharek

If George Lucas had his way he would hire Damon Lindelof to write Episode 7.

At least the RLM review would be god tier.

That'd be great, get all the bad things in one place. Easier to avoid accidentally seeing any other film ruined by Lindelof or Lucas, and make it star Tom Cruise.

jambo

I just finished watching all the Bond movies. ALL OF THEM.

I've got the briefcase with all the films before Craig started, tempted to go back through them all. The PS3 upscaler does a pretty good job with DVDs.

Blu-ray box set is probably worth the money, but still way too expensive.

Best sci fi films this past decade: Moon, District 9, Source Code, Looper and The Man from Earth.

District 9 is amazing, really need to get the Blu at some point. Same goes for Moon, but for different reasons.

Any Primer fans in here? I've heard great things, but I'm yet to see it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What are we classifying as science fiction? Because Children of Men is plenty science fiction, and legitimately one of the best films of the past decade. And though it's a hybrid of romance, fantasy, and science fiction, The Fountain is one of my all time favourites.

Dungeons of Dredmor not fit the bill?

No, like, I have this totally sweet idea for an isometric roguelike that's obviously going to be the greatest game ever made and make me a fortune and so I need to make it.

Dead Man

Best sci fi films this past decade: Moon, District 9, Source Code, Looper and The Man from Earth.

Moon, District 9, Source Code (even with all its tech/plot holes), that's about all I've seen from this decade that rates. Sunshine comes close, great cast, beautiful score, great direction, but a premise that makes not a great deal of sense, and then, you know, the twist.

Voices of a distant Star is short anime from 2003 counts.

Predators was a return to form for the franchise, not really sure if it is sci fi though.

Children of Men is pretty close to the top of my SF films of the last decade also. Although I'd have to sit down and look at a comprehensive list of SF films in that period to really hammer a list out, because there were quite a few but I always have trouble remembering them on demand.

jambo

Children of Men is pretty close to the top of my SF films of the last decade also. Although I'd have to sit down and look at a comprehensive list of SF films in that period to really hammer a list out, because there were quite a few but I always have trouble remembering them on demand.

And who can forget Attack of the Clones?

Unfortunately, not me =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom