• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
STUPID FUCKING VALVE WONT EVEN MAKE MORE HL BECAUSE THEY WANT TO STUFF MP INTO IT! STUFF MP UP YOUR ASSSSSSSS!

Single player is best player!

Its why mediocre games by bethseda get so praised, no mp!

Go play Alpha Protocol. It has no MP! Praise it! Gem of the generation!

Also this interview with Jason Rubin is fantastic reading. So sad they didn't have enough time to hold it together, especially with Vigil not getting picked up.

markot

Banned
Go play Alpha Protocol. It has no MP! Praise it! Gem of the generation!

Also this interview with Jason Rubin is fantastic reading. So sad they didn't have enough time to hold it together, especially with Vigil not getting picked up.

He should have had a better plan then 'sell it to some friends for cheap and hope for the best' >_<;

I mean, how did he ever think all the people they owned money to would agree to that?

markot

Banned
Well, in selling off the assets that money goes to the creditors. And its alot more then they would have gotten through the sale to that small company, Which I think was more 'trust us we will right the ship' then actually paying anyone back.

They got close to 100 million right? Thats multitudes more then that company wanted to pay for THQ. That is why they objected. I think they had given up on THQ and wanted to cut their losses as best they could, and that was why they went for a sale of its still sellable assets over letting the company limp on for who knows how long.

It was a stupid move by Rubin though, because if they didnt try the bankruptcy dealio, they would have had more time to let their new stratagy play out. Also his friendship with clear lake makes it abit murky. Kinda like that douche at EA selling a company he owns to EA for billions. Yeah, Bioware was worth that... haha.

Also why did they hire Rubin? They should have gotten a suit in there, not someone with mostly game experience.

Well, in selling off the assets that money goes to the creditors. And its alot more then they would have gotten through the sale to that small company, Which I think was more 'trust us we will right the ship' then actually paying anyone back.

They got close to 100 million right? Thats multitudes more then that company wanted to pay for THQ.

How much did Clearlake offer?

markot

Banned
How much did Clearlake offer?

$37.5 million

But I dont know, I think then clearlake becomes the main 'debtor' so if it goes tits up they get first dibs to get its money back. So its kind of win win, and its probably why other companies objected.

I dont know why they did it to begin with, even in the interview Rubin states thats when things got iffy, even before the objection.

$37.5 million

But I dont know, I think then clearlake becomes the main 'debtor' so if it goes tits up they get first dibs to get its money back. So its kind of win win, and its probably why other companies objected.

I dont know why they did it to begin with, even in the interview Rubin states thats when things got iffy, even before the objection.

Seems like as he got a proper look at the books it became clear that THQ were on their last legs and needed to do something before they got to the point where they couldn't pay wages.

At least they avoided a 38 Studios situation. A fair portion of the employees found homes and hopefully the majority of those left get helped into new ones as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vigil get picked up at the final sale of THQ assets.

markot

Banned
The instrument that symbolises the 80's is the sax.

Its funny how prominant it was in almost everything.

Then it sorta died...

Does Lisa even still play it?!

$37.5 million

They offered 60 mill i think the total for everything bought was close to 80 mill

The instrument that symbolises the 80's is the sax.

Its funny how prominant it was in almost everything.

Then it sorta died...

Does Lisa even still play it?!

what about the keytar?
keytar.jpg

I wouldnt have let Hitler out of jail after the failed Munich pusch
If I went back in time and used my knowledge of the future to enrich myself, I'd start a fund in Germany specifically for Austrian art students and give him an art a academy scholarship.

I seriously think that if that had happened, all those people wouldn't have had to die.

markot

Banned
If I went back in time and used my knowledge of the future to enrich myself, I'd start a fund in Germany specifically for Austrian art students and give him an art a academy scholarship.

I seriously think that if that had happened, all those people wouldn't have had to die.

What if it was losing his ball... Look what it did to Lance Armstrong!

Dead Man

God damn it. Work has some sort of ghetto network setup, and the clients have used over the internet download limit for the month, so all our docs and shit are running like shit. Can't even open any word documents half the time. Stupid dumb terminals.

It is not a good sign when tethering your phone is faster than actually using a work sites internet.

Edit: I am seeing a few portable 1tb drives around $90, is that a good price?

I had totally blocked out that John Frusciante had left RHCP.
And that they had released an album in 2011.

lol

Odd since he released a solo album featuring Flea and the guitarist who would go on to replace him. The last RHCP alum he was on was really average anyway.

Yagharek

An atheist can seem preachy even to other atheists, oddly enough.

Source: /r/atheism.
Note: I am not saying Tim Minchin is anywhere near as bad as /r/atheism.

Ehhh, I dont really think anyone should be using reddit as grounds to criticise someone by association. It comes off as equally intellectually hollow as it does when people say Dawkins is militant and agressive etc when he is one of the most cordial, polite debaters I've ever seen. They conflate his controversial attitude with being rude, when his whole point is to challenge the unspoken rule that you don't challenge someone's beliefs.

On a slightly related note, I don't get why its considered rude to challenge someone in polite terms. It's more than possible to have a pleasant, interesting and civil discussion of the matter and I manage to do so with all sorts of people. If they want to challenge my thoughts, go for it. I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but at the same time have enough confidence of my understanding of them that I don't feel threatened.

If someone challenging your beliefs upsets you (speaking generally here), then its time to re-evaluate just how strongly you hold to them and whether your anger at them being challenged is merely a sign of unacknowledged doubt.

tl;dr: ideas need to be discussed openly and politely, and it's easy to do so.

Unless its to do with videogames in which case fuck niceties.

Yoshiya

So someone compiled the triple j hottest 100 votes that were shared on Facebook and twitter giving a 2.7% sample size of the overall votes. The list is at warmest100.com.au. Looks very plausible. More info in
this article

Oh this is very interesting. I honestly had no idea Lost was so popular on radio here, but I'd love to see him in the top ten. Pyramids, Thinkin Bout You, Laura, Swimming Pools and Oblivion look to be the picks of mine that'll make it.

No such thing. Can you get Archer on bluray?

Hmm :(
No Season One for some FUCKING STUPID REASON, WHY WOULD YOU PUT OUT 2&3 BUT NOT 1?!? NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN FUCKING AMERICA TOWN YOU RACIST PRICKS

You can get 2&3 though.

And download high def TV rips of the first season. Since they are going to be fuckwits about it and only offer shitty DVD quality release of first season.

EDIT: OH WELL THERE IS A FUCKING SURPRISE, FOX ARE THE ONES RELEASING THE BLU RAYS LSDFIONSOETOSNERFOSNDFVNL JIFUCKERS!

Yagharek

Drunk beggars singing piano man in front of woolies.

Wonder how many people have avoided going in.

What we need to do is get you on a bike, rip out a testicle, send you back in a time machine to replace hitler on his art scholarship then you can go riding around France on your bike (peacefully) until you reach Paris, whereby you catch a ferry across the Atlantic to New York, so you can hunt down Billy Joel's parents and impress on them the philosophy that should their son be musically inclined, he is to make sure his songs can never be licensed for public performance by buskers.

Viewtiful Joe was a fun rental. There. I said it.

I need to be convinced that The Wonderful 101 is more than a fun rental.

Note: I know they are not the same type of game, I just get that same feeling.

Also isn't it meant to be out within the next 8 weeks?

Shaneus

Viewtiful Joe was a fun rental. There. I said it.

I need to be convinced that The Wonderful 101 is more than a fun rental.

Note: I know they are not the same type of game, I just get that same feeling.

Also isn't it meant to be out within the next 8 weeks?
Plenty more Platinum games that are coming out (or are already out) on other consoles!

I'm gonna go play me some Vanquish now. GOOD LUCK PLAYING THAT ON YOUR WII U YOU STUPID KIDDY GAMERS.

So did Google just give us the new borked image search like the US or am I imagining things?

Not on my quick search....

Wait, no you are right, bikinis everywhere >.>

Also hovering over the image doesn't make it bigger any more :/

ALRIGHT so who is the next Google? Time for someone to step up to the plate. This will not stand! I could put up with Chrome turning into a sludgy browser after 4 years but they have gone too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom