• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

I'd be up for playing vidyagames with you guys.

Happy to start a new Path of Exile character, more Left 4 Dead 2 is always good, as is Planetside 2. I don't really have any racing games, but if any get cheap soon will be happy to pick one up.

Double Fine Adventure and Watch_Dogs should both be out this year. Project Eternity is I think slated for 2014?

Remember Me's latest trailer makes it look pretty terrible.

Edit: I see you already included Watch_Dogs...

Edit 2: Celebrating Australia Day by bottling beer. Belgian-style beer.

Yagharek

Here's a thing I wrote about original IPs in 2013:

http://blackpanel.com.au/2013/01/21/new-horizons-2013-part-1-of-5/

I'm pretty keen on The Last of Us, Remember Me, Rain, Routine, Apotheon and The Witness.

Did I miss anything good?

Came to see the wonderful 101, left satisfied. Although calling crimson dragon and last guardian new IP is stretching it a little as is godus given all three have unmistakable links to beloved classics.

Nice to see five pages of new stuff though.

markot

Banned
I am making an accusation of Shennanigans on parking meters and the like.

5c is legal tender! Take it you dumb ass bitches! What am I meant to do with all the piddly crap?!

Also, Ned Kelly was a criminal and not a hero.

Shennanigans proven. Get your brooms.

ErinMarcon

Neo Member
Double Fine Adventure and Watch_Dogs should both be out this year. Project Eternity is I think slated for 2014?

Good point re Double Fine Adventure. I'm looking forward to checking that one out. All of the story and art details seem to be behind a paywall at the moment. Nuts.

Omikron

Just had one of these:

LC-Puffing-Bill_bottle.jpg

Pretty damn tasty tbh.

Came to see the wonderful 101, left satisfied. Although calling crimson dragon and last guardian new IP is stretching it a little as is godus given all three have unmistakable links to beloved classics.

Nice to see five pages of new stuff though.
Also Crimson Dragon will be super epic mega bomba and sit around 20/100 on Metacritic.

Depressing that most of those games will probably be terrible going by early impressions/previews and developer pedigree :(

Also need to swap the Watch Dogs and Warrior's Lair paragraphs on the last page to line them up with the shots.

hamchan

Myer with insane deals on box sets. All $25 each.

Bought Star Wars Complete, X-Men Complete, Harry Potter Complete, all blu-ray and Angel 30 disc Seasons 1-5 set DVDs.

Total? $100.

Now should I buy 30 rock 1-5 too, even though I've already seen it?

Yagharek

Depressing that most of those games will probably be terrible going by early impressions/previews and developer pedigree :(.

My bet is watch dogs is going to end up as a woefully unoptimised 25fps bugfest.

Myer with insane deals on box sets. All $25 each.

Bought Star Wars Complete, X-Men Complete, Harry Potter Complete, all blu-ray and Angel 30 disc Seasons 1-5 set DVDs.

Total? $100.

Now should I buy 30 rock 1-5 too, even though I've already seen it?

Well, had you already seen star wars and harry potter?

hamchan

My bet is watch dogs is going to end up as a woefully unoptimised 25fps bugfest.

Well, had you already seen star wars and harry potter?

Yep. Oh well I'll probably buy it now that you bring that up. I can probably sell it on eBay for a profit too if I change my mind.

ErinMarcon

Neo Member
Depressing that most of those games will probably be terrible going by early impressions/previews and developer pedigree :(

You could be right about Crimson Dragon. It's been in development forever. Just to clarify, the article isn't meant to imply that these will all be winners. I'm sure they'll be at least a few duds amongst them. :)

Just had one of these:

LC-Puffing-Bill_bottle.jpg
Beer #83 of the 2012 Hottest 100 Australian Craft Beers.

Bit of a shitty list this year, at least right at the top. Nothing truly outstanding or groundbreaking and instead consistent, drinkable beers. Interestingly, 4 Pines have three entries even after further votes were ineligible as they tried to buy votes with beer (votes cast before they were disqualified were still counted, hence the appearance). Gaming isn't the only industry with stupid stunts.

A bit shitty Little Creatures are in there so much and so near the top since they aren't even Australian owned any more. Hardly "craft" beer at the scale they're selling (probably, I don't know their number).

There are still some excellent beers in there (Doctor's Orders Plasma White IPA, La Sirene Saison, Holgate Hopinator), but I'm amazed guys like Moon Dog only had one entry in the top 100.

I could go on, but...

/rant

Bought Star Wars Complete
It's not really "complete" now, is it, since there's a new one on the way.

or;

So it's a three movie set?

hamchan

Any such deal for the LOTR blu ray boxset??

Nope, don't even sell it here otherwise I would have snatched it up.

It's not really "complete" now, is it, since there's a new one on the way.

or;

So it's a three movie set?

It's Eps 1 to 6. I guess it's complete collection of all the blu-rays, new ones don't count since they haven't even been made yet.

Anyways I'm lucky even getting this stuff. Had Dexter 1-5, whole series of 24, James Bond Ultimate Collection before, but I missed out on those,

Kritz

Banned
Saw Django last night. Might be my second favourite Tarantino movie. Went with a group of six. At first I was kind of chuckling at the movie with its whooshy zooms, great title card placement and silly camera angles. Eventually, one of my other friends started laughing with me at the dumb early scenes.

By the end of the movie, the entire audience was having a fit at the movie. It was fantastic. Usually I find Tassie cinema patrons to be really quiet. But the whole 20 people in the cinema were just going at it.

I won't spoil any of Django. But, the music choices were fanfuckingtastic, cinematography was beautiful, and the dialogue and tension were as good as any of Tarantino's other works. It was also by far the funniest Tarantino movie, in that it was really a Western-Comedy hybrid. It also had the advantage of following a single story, unlike Inglorious Basterds or Pulp Fiction. It was, in fact, similar to Kill Bill, yet a lot smarter, and with better pacing.

I went in with high expectations, because I love be some Tarantino. And I was so surprised the film beat them.

5/5 - passive entertainment reviews dot com
(that still isn't a website)

(Oh, favourite Tarantino movie is Reservoir Dogs.)

Yagharek

Usually I find Tassie cinema patrons to be really quiet.

In the village hobart showing of Saving Private Ryan I went to, some kids threw a bottle of vodka over some old dudes head. Then some other guy who seemingly spent every waking minute at the gym grabbed the kid by the neck and threw him down after it, about six rows by my count.

Everyone cheered.

markot

Banned
In the village hobart showing of Saving Private Ryan I went to, some kids threw a bottle of vodka over some old dudes head. Then some other guy who seemingly spent every waking minute at the gym grabbed the kid by the neck and threw him down after it, about six rows by my count.

Everyone cheered.
And that kids name? Martin Bryant...

Danoss

Everyone cheered.

That story warms my heart. We need more people in our society like him.

I tend to only go to the movies when other people aren't going to be there, especially at the movie I'm seeing, so I don't really have any audience stories but last time I went people actually clapped when the Les Mis credits started. That was a weird experience as I don't think that's ever happened, except perhaps at the local Chamber of Secrets premiere, guess the oldies that were there got confused and forgot we weren't at a live production.

Danoss

Clapping at the conclusion of a film is quite bizarre. I can understand if it's at a film festival or something similar where the actors and crew are there, where the audience can show its appreciation to those who created it.

Clapping at a regular cinema complex has about as much effect as me applauding at the end of a DVD, when a team I support wins a sporting event broadcast live on TV and appeals to the crowd, or when I finish an amazing novel.

I can only imagine the reaction my neighbours would have, hearing such a thing.

*Raucous applause and whistling at 3am*
"Why's he doing that dear?"
"I saw him reading Les Miserables on the porch this afternoon, he must have just finished it."
"Oh, I see."

hamchan

I imagine the applause for a movie in the cinema is for every audience member to convey to each other: "No it's not just you, you're not weird, we thought the movie was awesome too."

If I get to a Myer tomorrow and they have them... you want?
Hells yeah!

Saw Django last night. Might be my second favourite Tarantino movie.

5/5 - passive entertainment reviews dot com
(that still isn't a website)

(Oh, favourite Tarantino movie is Reservoir Dogs.)
Yeah my second fav too, behind Jackie Brown. Love all his movies though. Even Deathproof!

Clapping at the conclusion of a film is quite bizarre. I can understand if it's at a film festival or something similar where the actors and crew are there, where the audience can show its appreciation to those who created it.

Clapping at a regular cinema complex has about as much effect as me applauding at the end of a DVD, when a team I support wins a sporting event broadcast live on TV and appeals to the crowd, or when I finish an amazing novel.

*Raucous applause and whistling*
"I saw him reading Les Miserables on the porch this afternoon, he must have just finished it."
"Oh, I see."

lol

Last time I think was Inception...
Love the movie but yeah, clapping at a cinema in little Geelong? Huh. Just send a fucking tweet to the production company or something, would have a greater impact.

*Raucous applause and whistling at 3am*
"Oh, I see."

i think clapping at the end of a flight also is stupid. yay you didnt kill us all.

Deeku

hmmm, going through random people's itunes library on my floor/nearby is kinda interesting lol. who the hell listens to battlefield and call of duty soundtracks??!

Clipper

Have you ever cheered when your team wins a sporting match you are watching on TV alone? Or shouted things at the players you are watching even though you are fully aware they can't hear you?

I've always taken applause aimed at a film to be similar expressions of emotion. I've done it myself after watching films where afterwards I feel that I need some way to express the emotion of pleasure and gratefulness for the experience I've just had, especially if my expectations were broken. Of course, clapping is much more appropriate in a cinema setting than cheers and whistles, so it takes a different form. Then there's the people that DO cheer and whistle in the cinema...

i think clapping at the end of a flight also is stupid. yay you didnt kill us all.
I don't think I've ever experienced this...

Juicy Bob

G'day, AusGAF!

As a naturalised Australian, I just wanted to wish you all a happy 'Straya Day and hope that you all had a good time, whatever you did!

Adelaide represent!

Juicy Bob

I should clarify, I'm not living in Aus anymore after I moved back for work, but I did spend five years of my life there and will probably end up back there if and when Europe goes to shit.

And yes, I love bacon, scotch and Farmers Union Iced Coffee.

hamchan

I just prepurchased that Sonic racing game for $20 at GMG. We could play that game in multi.

Or maybe Mario Kart 3DS since I missed the Ausgaf boat for that game apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom