• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

PS3 store is shit because it's so slow now, borderline unusable.

Vita store is decent but not everything is on there.

SEN web store is king. All hail the web store.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/04/b...cism-writer-says-he-may-change-her-in-future/

The Borderlands 2 character Tiny Tina came under fire last night, as a Twitter discussion between the game’s lead writer, Anthony Burch, and some of the game’s players raised the question of whether her characterisation was racist. In the game, Tina – an explosives expert, and child – speaks using African American lingo, in a way that one Twitter user compared to “verbal blackface”.

It began when Mike Sacco, creative developer of Cryptozoic Entertainment – a creator of trading card and iOS games – sent Burch the tweet, “Hey. I really like BL2′s writing, but Tiny Tina’s trope of “white girl talkin’ like them urban folk!!” has got to go.”

Smh. I can't believe this. I really can't. She just talks like Ash!

I've found the new PS3 store fine for the most part. Never had much slowdown aside from once or twice, slick new layout that makes it easy to find new stuff.

Webstore is like butter though. No reason not to use it!

Same with Xbox store too though, the console store is fucking terrible to use and is just blocking everything away so they can throw advertisements at you. With the webstore you just cut straight to what you want.

Danoss

I just watched The Hunger Games movie.

Holy shit, they ripped the story's soul out and butchered the remains. Some details were spot-on, but they were completely unimportant. They left out pretty much everything that made the story work, made people care for the characters, understand characters motivations and actions, and on and on. I can only imagine what it would have been like for anyone who hadn't read the book trying to watch this nonsensical piece of shit.

Describing the movie as 'terrible' doesn't even begin to convey how bad it truly is.

I'm certainly up for any Saturday in the coming weeks.

Edit: So yeah, I just picked up Discworld: Guards! Guards! and Martin Wallace's P.I. in the sale.

Some Saturdays are no good for me, like this one coming (board games already) and two Saturdays after that (D&D).

I think Guards! Guards! will bring to an end your streak of buying good licensed games.

Oh, so I played tomb of horrors on the weekend!

Sounds like fun. Your GM learnt first hand why decks of many things are a bad idea.

I had a great time in my weekend session of D&D too, truly excellent. I wrote about it, but no one read it, so now it's gone.

Clipper

Some Saturdays are no good for me, like this one coming (board games already) and two Saturdays after that (D&D).
That's a pity, as it means deciding between AusGAF and my other gaming group if we do it on a Sunday.

I think Guards! Guards! will bring to an end your streak of buying good licensed games.
Yeah, I am aware of that possibility... or perhaps it's better to say probability...

Dead Man

Indeed. Enjoy the numerous upsides.

http://i.imgur.com/lKH1Be5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Heh. Thanks :)
[quote="Rez, post: 47306301"]I'm sorry to hear that, man. It's trite to say, but really, I hope things end up alright for you. You've always seemed like one of the good guys.[/QUOTE]
Cheers.
[quote="markot, post: 47307831"]Which store is his?!

GET IT?!

Cause he is one of the good guys and there is a chain of store called the good guys and they are owned by people![/QUOTE]
That is so bad, I fell bad for laughing at it.
[quote="Jintor, post: 47323906"]PSN store eu/au why do you totally suck[/QUOTE]
New PSN store sucks balls. So slow. So hard to find shit.

Shaneus

PS3: Can handle a game like GT5 fine, but fuck it if it has to manipulate some (likely) Java-based frames around. Maybe that's what Pachter was talking about when he mentioned PS4 will do 240fps... in the web store?

Sounds like fun. Your GM learnt first hand why decks of many things are a bad idea.

I had a great time in my weekend session of D&D too, truly excellent. I wrote about it, but no one read it, so now it's gone.

Oh no! I must have missed it. When did you post it?

Dead Man

image.php

Sorry for her (or him).

More time for games I guess. Always look on the bright side.

Heh, can't believe I almost missed my first avatar quote.

Worst part of the new PSN store is the shitty search. The whole thing isn't really any slower than the previous version overall, but the original search was much better.

Yagharek

I like the new PSN store. Its easy to find stuff via search if you know what you're after. It's a bit slow to load though, especially when going back through multiple layers via circle button.

But I like the eShop and Wii VC/ware layouts, they're easy to find stuff in too. Apparently that's unusual, but everyone else is the weirdo on that front.

Danoss

Oh no! I must have missed it. When did you post it?

Sunday.

A prettier but insipid version of Battle Royale. Also pretty much two movies which did not gel together well at all.

As movies, I'll agree with you on this. Based on the source material, Battle Royale was much easier to bring to the screen, but those involved with The Hunger Games didn't seem to want to rise to the challenge that was before them. I haven't seen Battle Royale 2, but that was just its own thing and had nothing to do with the Takami novel.

Yagharek

It was even easier when I could just type my query in with the usual Playstation keyboard instead of having to select one big letter after the other.

After three letters you are pretty much already there, it narrows down very quickly unless you are searching with the letters C...A...L...L or F....I... and dont want to find Fifa or Cod.

Omikron

After three letters you are pretty much already there, it narrows down very quickly unless you are searching with the letters C...A...L...L or F....I... and dont want to find Fifa or Cod.
Removing functionality is pretty anti-consumer tbh. Big no no.

Tell bunnies who can't use his keyboard.

Wasn't an actual keyboard hooked up to the system or anything, just the on-screen keyboard that's uniform across the rest of the Playstation environment. It's not really removed functionality like when they cut out Linux, more "transformed functionality".

In contrast to being used to what was there before, the search function they offer now is comparable to looking at a computer keyboard and pressing one button at a time instead of touch-typing. So it's more like impaired functionality. The end result is the same but it's much less efficient in the details.

Yagharek

Tell bunnies who can't use his keyboard.

Maybe you can tell him then? Oh, wait.

Wasn't an actual keyboard hooked up to the system or anything, just the on-screen keyboard that's uniform across the rest of the Playstation environment. It's not really removed functionality like when they cut out Linux, more "transformed functionality".

In contrast to being used to what was there before, the search function they offer now is comparable to looking at a computer keyboard and pressing one button at a time instead of touch-typing. So it's more like impaired functionality. The end result is the same but it's much less efficient in the details.

Danoss

All good. You should leave your posts alone though, peopel do read them, and it's kind of odd to think about past conversations not existing any more.

I had a few instances where they weren't read by the intended recipient. They were meant to be helpful and to reinforce it, I put personal shit in them. I didn't want to leave that hanging out there if the rest of it wasn't going to use.

No conversations have arisen from those few posts that I have removed, otherwise I would have left them well alone.

Omikron

Doh, my mistake, I assumed you were using a physical keyboard with your playstation.

Sorry Vince also.

Omikron

ummm, ok, re my purchase earlier of FFVII PC. Square emailed me a key / site registration key, I though cool that would be great.

I put key into their shitty website and expect a download link or similar, nope.

Google doesn't bring anything up.

Great, thanks square. Fuckers. This is why I use Steam.

Now you've got me wondering whether I should 1) buy FF7 for six bucks, given that I don't think I ever reached the second disc (
Aeris/th certainly never died
), and 2) stream it if I did...

Also, should that above be spoiler tagged, because, you know, possible spoilers for a 15 year old game?

They wised up for FF8 though. My copy ran pretty damn well! I don't remember any issues tbh.

BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT
BUY IT BUY IT

Omikron

Now you've got me wondering whether I should 1) buy FF7 for six bucks, given that I don't think I ever reached the second disc (Aeris/th certainly never died), and 2) stream it if I did...

Also, should that above be spoiler tagged, because, you know, possible spoilers for a 15 year old game?

I will let you know how it plays... once its downloaded.

Yagharek

Now you've got me wondering whether I should 1) buy FF7 for six bucks, given that I don't think I ever reached the second disc (Aeris/th certainly never died), and 2) stream it if I did...

Don't worry, you can bring her back later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom