• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WiiU number is the big talking point but honestly everything not 360/PS3 didn't sell well and once you get passed PC retail and the Wii (which 99% of it's sales would be Just Dance) everything is absolutely dreadful.

The WiiU number is the big talking point but honestly everything not 360/PS3 didn't sell well and once you get passed PC retail and the Wii (which 99% of it's sales would be Just Dance) everything is absolutely dreadful.

Total Nintendo platform sales in Jan 2012 - 999k
Total non-Nintendo platform sales in Jan 2012 - 1779k

Total Nintendo platform sales in Jan 2013 - 467k
Total non-Nintendo platform sales in Jan 2013 - 1644k
Link

hamchan

So pretty much just the handhelds and Nintendo products are doing dreadful?

Also I'm pretty damn happy seeing PC as 3rd place. That Blizzard and Total War sales carrying it.

Yeah I know, I was the first to make that point in the PAL thread when this info was originally posted (70% of the total market shrinkage was by the Wii and DS)

Doesn't change the fact that the Vita is also not performing anywhere near what would be considered well and that there are three Nintendo platforms in the section I called dreadful.

So pretty much just the handhelds and Nintendo products are doing dreadful?

Also I'm pretty damn happy seeing PC as 3rd place. That Blizzard and Total War sales carrying it.

Yeah handhelds are doing it rough WiiU is doing it rougher and I would assume Football Manager to be the major piece of software in that PC number.

Yagharek

Wii U sells worse than Wii = loses publisher support.

Does that mean Wii selling well in 2006 equalled developer support?

Pffft.

Wii U sells worse than Wii = loses publisher support.

Does that mean Wii selling well in 2006 equalled developer support?

Pffft.

It's actually hard to do direct comparisons to launches, WiiU is one of the only ones to launch almost simultaneously worldwide with no shortages. A comparison I have made a couple of times recently is to the PS3's launch, which was considered pretty bad at the time.

If the WiiU hits it's new 4 million shipped by march target it will be 0.4 million ahead of the PS3 at the same time, but that would include 4 months of WiiU sales for Europe vs only a week for PS3.

As far as developer support if it wasn't for the Wii doing so well I don't think it would have even gotten stuff like Dead Space Extraction or CoD WaW

Yagharek

Wii sales didn't translate into anything more than token support in the form of test games. There were a bare minimum of actual good games from developers like Suda51, Vanillaware, WayForward, Rising Star/Marvellous and about one or two games from Capcom and Konami.

Western support was pathetic from EA, Take 2. Activision and Ubisoft made one or two attempts. If I look through my collection of about 80 games for the system, a good 60 of them are first party. That's not because I didn't buy third party games - it's because I bought good games for it and so few of them are from anyone not Nintendo.

Wii sales didn't translate into anything more than token support in the form of test games. There were a bare minimum of actual good games from developers like Suda51, Vanillaware, WayForward, Rising Star/Marvellous and about one or two games from Capcom and Konami.

Western support was pathetic from EA, Take 2. Activision and Ubisoft made one or two attempts. If I look through my collection of about 80 games for the system, a good 60 of them are first party. That's not because I didn't buy third party games - it's because I bought good games for it and so few of them are from anyone not Nintendo.

I don't disagree, I think most of the Japanese support would have come regardless of it's overall performance as well (most of those same companies are also supporting Vita).

Hm..

While its disgusting what the ABC dude went through... 'my Rosa parks moment' is kinda silly.
Especially since it seems like the bus driver was trying to help. They really should do more though when they can see rowdy passengers or people being harassed. Radio for police or just kick them off. Not doing anything just enforces it as status quo.
I really should one day work out what kind of stuff you take with you when in danger, though. Hard drives? The Fable trilogy? My halo 3 cat helmet? My non-halo branded cats? It's like going to a shopping mall in one of those competitions where you get 5 minutes to put as much in your trolly as possible. Except instead of ipads you take photos, instead of TVs you take pets, and instead of computers you take your computer or die with it in your hands.
Haha, don't take fable. Take things you can't replace! Maybe start packing a little pack just in case though. I hope it doesn't come to that, stay safe!
I think I'd just grab my bear, my laptop and my dog.

The bus driver helped? It sounded more like he was blaming the victim of the mad racist bitch.
Oh really? In the article I read it didn't really go into detail, but it did have a quote from the guy saying retrospectively he was probably just trying to help. Should have kicked the woman off though.

Yagharek

Oh really? In the article I read it didn't really go into detail, but it did have a quote from the guy saying retrospectively he was probably just trying to help. Should have kicked the woman off though.

The article I read by the abc journalist said the bus driver told him he should have moved. And that it was his fault for not moving.

Jintor

Haha, don't take fable. Take things you can't replace! Maybe start packing a little pack just in case though. I hope it doesn't come to that, stay safe!
I think I'd just grab my bear, my laptop and my dog.

images

Jintor

it's probably the 'jesus fuck this woman is a fucking crazy person just stop this crazy shit on my bus' response, but it's not really a good one

Maybe he was just trying to defuse the situation.

Kind of

"The bus driver stopped at one point and said, 'You, get out of your seat and move,' and I said, 'I'm not moving anywhere, I haven't done anything and I'm staying on this bus because I have a right to be here, and she just called me a black c-word so I'm staying put'."

After the woman got off the bus he approached the driver.

"I said 'Look, you have carriage for everyone on the bus. I've just been racially abused for 15 minutes on the back of this bus and you did absolutely nothing'," he said.

"And he said, 'It was your fault - you didn't move'.

Omikron

Chilling with a beer in beautiful weather waiting to head to a wedding. (wife is already there doing the photographer thing)

Pretty awesome tbh.

Chilling with a beer in beautiful weather waiting to head to a wedding. (wife is already there doing the photographer thing)
End up at Hargreaves Hill? Stop by Coldstream (couldn't remember if that was on the way though)?

Their Phoenix is reportedly quite good, if you don't mind dropping $30 on 750mL and potentially cellaring it for a few months.

Omikron

End up at Hargreaves Hill? Stop by Coldstream (couldn't remember if that was on the way though)?

Their Phoenix is reportedly quite good, if you don't mind dropping $30 on 750mL and potentially cellaring it for a few months.
Yeah I did, the food here is nice, but a bit pricey.

No chance for Coldstream as its past yarra glen in sorta the wrong direction for the wedding location. I did check though! Maybe another weekend.

Kritz

Banned
Haha, don't take fable.

Some things have a value higher than most preschoolers can count.

The fire's still chilling the other side of the mountain. Doesn't look to be controlled yet but even with the strong winds at the moment it doesn't seem to be progressing much.

bomma_man

That's a triple dip recession for you

G'damn Hobart is smokey. On Davey street so to the smoke is blowing straight on us.

Everyone is still smoking darts.

Kritz

Banned
G'damn Hobart is smokey. On Davey street so to the smoke is blowing straight on us.

Everyone is still smoking darts.

Yeah, my asthma is going a bit crazy. Here in New Town it's the same, just a bit closer. Gonna head over to the eastern shore for a bit to get over the smoke.

Rahk

Yeah the bus driver was more worried about getting attacked too. Especially since he has to drive that damn bus again.
Yeah, he could just be the type of person that tries to avoid confrontation. Clearly he preferred trying to deal with the reasonable person instead of the crazy woman. His thought process might be that if he ordered her to get off or something then she'd probably just end up arguing, causing the bus to be delayed and then there'd be a bus full of angry passengers. Maybe he has had experiences like this before and didn't want to go through it again. Not sure if they get training for this kind of thing. No one wants to deal with this kind of shit and I'm sure he just wanted to get on with his job. Putting the blame on the victim is probably a way to misdirect his own inadequacies.

bomma_man

Yeah, my asthma is going a bit crazy. Here in New Town it's the same, just a bit closer. Gonna head over to the eastern shore for a bit to get over the smoke.

Ha my parents live in New Town, lived there most of my life. Underrated area, especially since Kmart chop chip biscuits have been on tap 24/7

Kritz

Banned
Ha my parents live in New Town, lived there most of my life. Underrated area, especially since Kmart chop chip biscuits have been on tap 24/7

Have you seen the pirate ship out on the river? Shit looks awesome with all the smoke around it.

Edit - by pirate ship I mean 'big ass wooden ship'.

And, yeah, new town is great. It's quiet, but close to Hobart for food and activities.

That's good, 'cause you won't have any money left for anything else, unless you are out whoop whoop.
Well the place I'm at is basically bumfuck Nowhere despite being only a minute from Warrnambool, which itself would be considered whoop whoppy.

Also rivers are hard to fence for kids :/

bomma_man

Have you seen the pirate ship out on the river? Shit looks awesome with all the smoke around it.

Edit - by pirate ship I mean 'big ass wooden ship'.

And, yeah, new town is great. It's quiet, but close to Hobart for food and activities.

Just in the paper. Don't think the wind is doing any favours. My girlfried's mum wa like "look at the Viking boat!" Says that it's Portuguese.

When climate change kicks in Hobart is going to be the hottest property on earth. Not to be morbid but I'm an only child.

bomma_man

Lots of those annoying young liberals out today in Brisbane with their smug smiles waving from the side of the road.

Horrible people. At least half of that fake Churchill quote is true.

The head of the Utas chapter always asks for drugs when he's out. Can't imagine the hipocracy.

Yagharek

Horrible people. At least half of that fake Churchill quote is true.

The head of the Utas chapter always asks for drugs when he's out. Can't imagine the hipocracy.

I can. It's to be expected by now, surely?

A Hippocracy would be awesome though. Anyone who has an idea for a law is to present it to a hippo for approval. If you dont get attacked it is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom