• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomma_man

I can. It's to be expected by now, surely?

A Hippocracy would be awesome though. Anyone who has an idea for a law is to present it to a hippo for approval. If you dont get attacked it is passed.

Question time would be prime time.

While we're on politics, we need an Australian Nate Silver equivelant. After reading poligaf I can't trust our polls.

Rezbit

Yeah, my asthma is going a bit crazy. Here in New Town it's the same, just a bit closer. Gonna head over to the eastern shore for a bit to get over the smoke.

Man just had some errands to run and drove around with my window down. Bad mistake, can taste the bloody smoke. Making me feel all queasy.

I can. It's to be expected by now, surely?

A Hippocracy would be awesome though. Anyone who has an idea for a law is to present it to a hippo for approval. If you dont get attacked it is passed.
All laws to have an additional clause with whomever shall pass said law receiving 5 tonnes of peanuts I bet.

Danoss

Haven't read any Pratchett yet, and I don't think it's needed just yet. My Mum came to visit and brought her dog with her. Just having contact with someone other than my Gran was enough to do the trick. All the dog wanted to do was chill on my lap the whole time, how can that not cheer anyone up?

Dead Man

Haven't read any Pratchett yet, and I don't think it's needed just yet. My Mum came to visit and brought her dog with her. Just having contact with someone other than my Gran was enough to do the trick. All the dog wanted to do was chill on my lap the whole time, how can that not cheer anyone up?

Dogs are awesome.

markot

Banned
Dogs are awesome.

Hitler_w_Blondi_550.jpg

Jintor

I like cats but they are not known for their cheeringupness.

Dogs are great but I can't deal with the smell unfortunately, re: the larger ones anyway :/

Kritz

Banned
What's wrong with Four Pines (besides their trying to buy votes in the Hottest 100 Craft Beer for 2012 comp)?

Nothing wrong with it, though I've only tried one. Um, Hitlerwaffle. Er. Hefeweizen. It took me half a beer before I came to the conclusion that it tasted like a forest fire.

I'd drink it again, mind you. Just one of the more distinctive craft beers I've had in a while.

Dogs are great but I can't deal with the smell unfortunately, re: the larger ones anyway :/

We have a pomeranian. Thing's stinky as fuck. It also sexually assaults one of our cats.

I like cats but they are not known for their cheeringupness.

Having a poodle really has a lot of benefits. No shedding, and no bad smell. There's really something wonderful about having a little creature follow you everywhere and be adorable. I used to be terrified of dogs until we got him, but now I understand why they're so popular. It's like another family member.

Lots of those annoying young liberals out today in Brisbane with their smug smiles waving from the side of the road.

I dread the day I go back to QUT because the campus is utterly dominated by those fuckers trying to sell shirts, sausages and posters. I feel like buying a Hammer and Sickle T-Shirt and wear it to Uni just to fuck with them and start arguments.

He's a little apricot one deek! -w-
They can be very bitey, toy poodles.
yeah, I really think we lucked out in that regard. I was pretty worried about it, but the only time I can remember him biting anyone was when boyfriend tried to take away a piece of pizza he'd stolen. And he made a lot of warning growls beforehand.
I dread the day I go back to QUT because the campus is utterly dominated by those fuckers trying to sell shirts, sausages and posters. I feel like buying a Hammer and Sickle T-Shirt and wear it to Uni just to fuck with them and start arguments.
I'm not sure whether to be relieved uqs not alone or disappointed that we weren't able to keep them contained to one qld uni. Orientation week is always hilarious. Last year we had one of them made an attempt to feign interest in the Japanese society in order to get us to join their club. "So you're the erm... *reading flyer* Japanese... society. How are your um.. conversation... classes going? I love going to them, so much fun last year. Um.. what do you do there again?"

Why are they shooting people in an aliens game....

Gearbox wanted to do a COD game but Pitchford likes to talk shit in interviews and said they would never do a COD game.

So they did a COD game in space. And outsourced most of the work. And didn't give 2 shits about the quality of the work.

Sounds like Nerve did a pretty good job on the MP mode though! Someone said it only has 4 maps though. And a Season Pass.

Just painful that SEGA cancelled the Obsidian Aliens RPG that was similar but was played like the recent XCOM Enemy Unknown way back in 2010. Imagine if that came out, all the XCOM fans would have been all over it like cupcakes. And it was almost finished apparently!

So yeah, good job Gearbox. 5 years for a 5 hour campaign for something that looks like it came out on the Wii by Eurocom where the Aliens have less complicated AI than even the original AvP. Especially when the title, story and setting are all ripped from the abandoned Check Six Games version in 2001.

What's the gist of it... are people salty because Rayman isn't Wii U exclusive?

Ubi employees crunched to get the game done for Feb/Mar.
Ubi come out and say it is getting delayed until later in the year for concurrent release with 360/PS3.
The game is fairly close to finished on WiiU probably, maybe.

WHERE WAS THE FUCKING GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT FOR SW BATTLEFRONT 3 AND THE OBSIDIAN ALIENS RPG WHICH WERE BASICALLY FINISHED WHEN CANCELLED
AT LEAST RAYMAN LEGENDS IS STILL COMING :(

Wait, Mario Kart WiiU and Windwaker HD WiiU are both out in September? Might be time to pickup a WiiU around then!

It's original date was feb 26 so it should have been finished up a couple of weeks ago to be able to hit that date no?

No idea, Ubisoft have done zero marketing for it so it would shock me that the game was shaping up to hit that date. Depends on the development approach they took, at the very least several areas are done. Not sure if it would be vertical slice design though.

markot

Banned
Gearbox wanted to do a COD game but Pitchford likes to talk shit in interviews and said they would never do a COD game.

So they did a COD game in space. And outsourced most of the work. And didn't give 2 shits about the quality of the work.

Sounds like Nerve did a pretty good job on the MP mode though! Someone said it only has 4 maps though. And a Season Pass.

Just painful that SEGA cancelled the Obsidian Aliens RPG that was similar but was played like the recent XCOM Enemy Unknown way back in 2010. Imagine if that came out, all the XCOM fans would have been all over it like cupcakes. And it was almost finished apparently!

So yeah, good job Gearbox. 5 years for a 5 hour campaign for something that looks like it came out on the Wii by Eurocom where the Aliens have less complicated AI than even the original AvP. Especially when the title, story and setting are all ripped from the abandoned Check Six Games version in 2001.

Kinda sad to see them not give a shit about thier reputation....

Also, toy dogs are not dogs. Poodles are not dogs. Dogs must bear some resemblence to their wolfington cousins to be acceptably doggy.

Alright, I thought this was funny. I will let the Rayman thing go now though okay Shaneus.

The Sequel to Gummb Luther King Jr.'s Social Movement wherein the movement has their victory and thus starts another tale!

Hrayman Unchained

Former Ubisoft revenue providers, Dr. Gummb Luther King Jr.'s Social Movement, buy the freedom of a slave, Hrayman, and train him with the intent to make him their deputy bounty hunter. Instead, they are led to the site of Hrayman's wife in video game limbo who is under the hands of Yves Guillemot, a ruthless publisher CEO.

schultz-legendsgaf0oj18.jpg

rayman-djangontk0u.jpg

candi-yvesrbkn4.jpg

brom-jaded3j4g.jpg

Yagharek

What's the gist of it... are people salty because Rayman isn't Wii U exclusive?

Edit: This post sums it up nicely. I don't think I'd knock back a bit of comic relief, so I'm-a start reading that thread and see what comes of it.

Wow, talk about singling out the most insane post in order to miss the point :p

The most reasoned examples Ive seen are people upset about them delaying a game that is already finished just so they can make two other versions. They could have released the one thats ready now and done the other two as planned.

Imagine if GTAV is due in September, then sometime in August they announce its finished but theyre going to delay it til May 2014 so they can do a Wii U version. That's how ridiculous the delay is.

I haven't seen anyone complain about it going multiplatform - the only complaints are about it being needlessly delayed.

Anyway, Wii U is fucked. Western publishers have looked hard for their Catch 22 getout clause and are abandoning the system before its 3 months old. They coud have supported it with a few good games, fewer token ports sent to die, better PR by not announcing trilogies on other systems. They had an open window with only one first party game to compete with.

It's going to end up exactly like Wii did, only without the insane hardware sales via word of mouth.

Kritz

Banned
Imagine if GTAV is due in September, then sometime in August they announce its finished but theyre going to delay it til May 2014 so they can do a Wii U version. That's how ridiculous the delay is.

It'd be like that if the Wii U sold games anywhere like the PS3 and 360, I suppose.

More like Witcher 2 being delayed six months and being thrown on the two consoles because PC sells like shit compared to them.

Yagharek

It'd be like that if the Wii U sold games anywhere like the PS3 and 360, I suppose.

More like Witcher 2 being delayed six months and being thrown on the two consoles because PC sells like shit compared to them.

Well, thats a reality of 100 million sold consoles versus 3 million, but I will grant Witcher 3 might be an example you could relate to.

Wow, talk about singling out the most insane post in order to miss the point :p

The most reasoned examples Ive seen are people upset about them delaying a game that is already finished just so they can make two other versions. They could have released the one thats ready now and done the other two as planned.

I haven't seen anyone complain about it going multiplatform - the only complaints are about it being needlessly delayed.

I think there is definitely some underlying "took our game" especially before the dev comments but the added shittyness of the way the delay happened sent people off the edge.

Anyway, Wii U is fucked. Western publishers have looked hard for their Catch 22 getout clause and are abandoning the system before its 3 months old. They coud have supported it with a few good games, fewer token ports sent to die, better PR by not announcing trilogies on other systems. They had an open window with only one first party game to compete with.

It's going to end up exactly like Wii did, only without the insane hardware sales via word of mouth.

Still don't get he calling out of western pubs, the biggest Japanese 3rd party announced/released games for the system are a port of a 3ds port of a Wii game (MH3U), a multiplatform release of a 3ds port (RE:R) and a port of a Wii game (DQX), there is nothing else of note. The platinum games are Nintendo funded and published, so I dont think you can really call that support.

It should've been multiplatform from the start then, rather than being pushed from late 2012 to early 2013, and then delayed again to the end of the year to meet a multiplatform schedule. Of course a system that's been out for a quarter of a year isn't going to push software as well as a pair of systems that have been out for seven, what were they expecting?

Really they should've had it multiplatform from first announcement and aimed for about the middle of the year. The whole thing just makes them look silly.

Yagharek

I think there is definitely some underlying "took our game" especially before the dev comments but the added shittyness of the way the delay happened sent people off the edge.

There is a fringe element of that, of course, but most of the threads have been roughly 60% people annoyed at the delay but fine with multi, 30% people flinging shit laughing at people as if they care only about the game going multi, and 10% who do care about it going multi.

It's a PR disaster, and the real 'victims' are the people who expected to play it this month and the developers who had crunched to finish it on time for this month.

Still don't get he calling out of western pubs, the biggest Japanese 3rd party announced/released games for the system are a port of a 3ds port of a Wii game (MH3U), a multiplatform release of a 3ds port (RE:R) and a port of a Wii game (DQX), there is nothing else of note. The platinum games are Nintendo funded and published, so I dont think you can really call that support.

Western publishers have form based on last gen. Granted the Japanese support isn't there either, but the western publishers are the ones making excuses along the lines of "oh but we have no ideas for the gamepad".

Either way, the system is fucked.

It should've been multiplatform from the start then, rather than being pushed from late 2012 to early 2013, and then delayed again to the end of the year to meet a multiplatform schedule. Of course a system that's been out for a quarter of a year isn't going to push software as well as a pair of systems that have been out for seven, what were they expecting?

Really they should've had it multiplatform from first announcement and aimed for about the middle of the year. The whole thing just makes them look silly.

Agreed.

Western publishers have form based on last gen. Granted the Japanese support isn't there either, but the western publishers are the ones making excuses along the lines of "oh but we have no ideas for the gamepad".

Either way, the system is fucked.

Japanese pubs are making the same excuses and also made them for their Wii support (or lack thereof). I believe Konami was actually the first to offer that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom