• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I really hope that the Sony Feb 20th event includes some Vita stuff alongside PS4, including the rumoured price drop for memory.

Missus is still on a 4GB stick and it makes digital stuff annoying to deal with.

Amazon prices of the biggest memory card started coming down recently.

Rad. I might just download Lumines on the PS3 because I already have the cart for it (I don't think it's ever leaving the Vita) but it'd be handy to have. I just wish we could play Vita games on the PS3, I needs my big-screen Lumines fix :(
Buy a dev kit unit!

Oh sweet, a trading halt has been placed on the company I work for. That can only mean good news. The print industry has been going from strength to strength lately too.

Is Hyper looking for Brisbane based writers Jint?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
;_; ran out of painkillers on wed night for my wrist. Had been working all week too. Fucking hit me like a freight train when I woke up yesterday. Been coming to woerk to try and do shirt but my heads all over the place. Got more painkillers now hopefully will be okidoki

Nintendo Direct doesn't mean much when Nintendo only sold 55k consoles in the US in all of January...

As was said in one of those other threads, momentum willl likely steadily build untill the orgasmic pressure is released with Pokemon X + Y, showering the nation in a rainbow of multi-hued 3DS's.

jambo

As was said in one of those other threads, momentum willl likely steadily build untill the orgasmic pressure is released with Pokemon X + Y, showering the nation in rainbow of multi-hued 3DS's.

What does 3DS have to do with Wii U? The release schedule for the foreseeable future is pathetic and if Sony (and MS) come out strong with impressive new hardware and a tonne of PS4/720 games and exclusives then Nintendo will be in real trouble with the Wii U.

EDIT: I just realised that my previous post didn't specify that the 55k was Wii U sales for Jan in the US. 3DS sales are not going to save their flagship console.

Fuck, that sucks Fallback :(

;_; ran out of painkillers on wed night for my wrist. Had been working all week too. Fucking hit me like a freight train when I woke up yesterday. Been coming to woerk to try and do shirt but my heads all over the place. Got more painkillers now hopefully will be okidoki
Don't go driving any more trains under the influence of painkillers alright!

legend166

So I want to get my girlfriend Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 for her birthday. Reckon there will be any problems getting a digital copy from Amazon then just installing it on her computer? Adobe don't region lock their licence keys, do they?

Fuck, that sucks Fallback :(

Cheers due.
I'm not tieing the noose yet though, but talk is the Irish company that owns APN wants to ditch the CEO after less than awesome profits in the past few years.
Hopefully whoever they bring in is full of great ideas and doesn't just want to slash and burn. They'll probably slash and burn though

What does 3DS have to do with Wii U? The release schedule for the foreseeable future is pathetic and if Sony (and MS) come out strong with impressive new hardware and a tonne of PS4/720 games and exclusives then Nintendo will be in real trouble with the Wii U.

EDIT: I just realised that my previous post didn't specify that the 55k was Wii U sales for Jan in the US. 3DS sales are not going to save their flagship console.

Yeah, Sorry, thought you were referring to the handheld.

I believe the Wii U will turn around in much the same way as the 3DS has. Its a bloody shame they squandered their head start, though.

That doesn't help the Wii U though.

True. But money in the bank is mo money for mo Mario. Having said that - next Gen Mario had better flip wigs off!

The singularity!

But seriously, what a fucking beat up. Because taxpayers don't pay for the coffees supplied in other government offices. Just at the NBN. Piss off News Ltd
One of the first things the Newman government did when coming into office was to cut things like coffee and biscuits in government offices. The net effect is a massive loss of morale and productivity with the upside of saving a miniscule sliver of a percent of the budget.

To out it another way, the fancy beans coffee budget, implemented over all NBN sites across the nation, would pay the annual salary of one extra engineering contractor, two FO splicers or three senior admin staff. Switching to Nescafé Food Service Blend (yes, that's a thing) because you still want to supply coffee, might get you slightly less.

On a project worth hundreds of millions of dollars*, that's a laughable amount.

* Too lazy to look up the real number

Fusebox

Banned

How's your other wrist? All good or do you need a volunteer Ausgaffer to come around and hold your dick while you piss?

Jintor

Are you playing FFFVII at the moment? I'm playing FFVII too! I played it when I first came out but never made it off the first disc. I can't believe how well it's aged. That music.

I'm in Corel Prison at the moment, just picked up Yuffie recently too.

Gotta say, being able to transfer my save between Vita and PS3 is a game-changer, I've never been able to sink so much time into a game so quickly.

These old games are weird. Can't get a grasp on the pacing very well anymore.

jambo

I posted this pic to VOOKS Facebook page

Cng3UnT.png

And he deleted it

:lol

Jintor

What do you mean?

Like, it used to feel like when I got to a new town there'd definitely be some big story thing going on or whatever that felt like an 'event'. I looked at an FAQ and apparently I blitzed through a few events without really realising they were meant to be major story beats.

I also find it kind of amusing how you pick up party members in this game. Cait basically forced himself into the party and nobody batted an eye, lol. At least Yuffie needed work, even if there's no real way in-game to tell what answers she wants.

Who said Queensland MPs weren't cool?
They aren't

Mr CHOAT: This is an important thing, as computer games of all descriptions have become such a major part of popular culture, particularly for younger people in our community. I occasionally have played computer games myself but definitely not those of the nature that this legislation is focused on. I am a product of the 1980s, so Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and Pacman are more my style.
Mr Costigan: You are not alone.
Mr Minnikin: Now you’re talking.
Mr CHOAT: That is right. My wife, Nicky, has introduced me to Spider Solitaire and we often battle over the family iPad to see who can have it the longest.

Now there's someone who knows what he's talking about

Gazunta

If only you could carve out a career writing about video games from cities other than Sydney OH WELL NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE SHUCKS.

jambo

I am having an insane conversation with someone's friend on Facebook in regards to the PS4

My friend: The next PlayStation will indeed debut on February 20. Is anyone excited?

His friend: Sony's dumbest move...EVER
His friend: The world isn't ready for a new playstation

Random: How bout they try and improve PS3 instead of going the Windows route and making a whole new system full of a whole new batch of problems

Me: The Windows route?
Console makers have always released new consoles every generational cycle. It gets to a point where you just can't get any more blood out of the stone.

His friend: The PS3 has too much potential to have a PS4 come out already, they also JUST released a brand new PS3. It is VERY stupid to unveil the PS4 already

Me: The PS3 has run out of juice. The "brand new" PS3 that just came out was simply an exterior redesign, it isn't faster in any way than the existing models.

Now is the perfect time to release a new PS4 and Xbox. Sales are slipping, but still good. If they leave it too long, sales will fall right away and it could hurt future releases.

By the time it comes out it would've been 7 years, which is about the norm for console cycles.

PS1 - 1995
PS2 - 2000
PS3 - 2006
PS4 - 2013

This is in fact one of the longer console generations...

His friend: The year gap doesnt matter...at all. The current Ps3 and Xbox are getting good games already with great features. There is no need for a new system just because of some cycle

Me: The current consoles are getting gimped games that run at 720P or more often lower resolutions, with terrible texture quality and constant FPS slow down.

If your games are sub HD and not even hitting 30 fps constantly then you have a problem.

The PS3 only has 256MB of RAM for video lol. Games are getting larger and incredibly complex and require more RAM, more tflops and more processing power. The PS4 will deliver that.

I await his reply...

Omikron

I posted this pic to VOOKS Facebook page

Cng3UnT.png

And he deleted it

:lol

Don't you need games first? :s

Like, it used to feel like when I got to a new town there'd definitely be some big story thing going on or whatever that felt like an 'event'. I looked at an FAQ and apparently I blitzed through a few events without really realising they were meant to be major story beats.

I also find it kind of amusing how you pick up party members in this game. Cait basically forced himself into the party and nobody batted an eye, lol. At least Yuffie needed work, even if there's no real way in-game to tell what answers she wants.

Game needs to beat you over the head with story!

I wonder how indicitive of the general population that is?
Not that it really means anything if either Microsoft or Sony can get their marketing going (not that either of them have recently with the Vita or Surface), I mean if Apple can convince people to buy a new iPhone every year, buying a new console once every half decade shouldn't be a problem. Right? Right?

Shaneus

cheap cheap!

Controller + Forza 4 + Scyrim + 1 month gold =$58
http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainmen...oller-plus-forza-4-and-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim

or with Halo Reach and Fable 3 if you're into that kind of thing
http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainmen...ontroller-plus-2-games-halo-reach-and-fable-3
Wow, they're pretty good deals. Shame that:

a) I really only want Skyrim on PC. Hi cods!
b) I already have Forza 4
c) Have no interest in Fable 3 (Hi Kritz!) nor Reach (already have it).

Can never have too many 360 controllers. Unless the Nextbox has been released and you can't use any of them.

I'm starting to think I'll never get my licence ;.; Everything is fine until the moment the examiner gets in, and then I lose it completely. I start shaking so much a can't talk or keep my feet on the pedals. The guy was really nice this time too, but I just couldn't stop. I didn't even make it out of the carpark. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Its $150 each time I do it too.

At least Ni no kuni had arrived when I got home :3

Recipe or photos or both. Stat.

Its really easy :D First you make up a sauce with: 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. You dice an onion and fry it up with about a fist sized bit of mince. Then you add the sauce and simmer it for 5 minutes. While that's happening you boil and mash 4 potatoes. Then mix the mash with the mince. Make them into little balls, dip them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs, and deep (or shallow) fry it :D

It tastes great with mayo and okonomi sauce!

Yagharek

I am having an insane conversation with someone's friend on Facebook in regards to the PS4

I await his reply...

He may not be versed in the details of the industry but he has a point. New games still coming out, they still look good. If you distill his argument down to the core point, he is basically claiming diminishing returns.

I'm inclined to agree.

I'm starting to think I'll never get my licence ;.; Everything is fine until the moment the examiner gets in, and then I lose it completely. I start shaking so much a can't talk or keep my feet on the pedals. The guy was really nice this time too, but I just couldn't stop. I didn't even make it out of the carpark. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Its $150 each time I do it too.
Don't sweat it - lots of people fail the test. A friend of mine failed the test eight separate times and I failed it once when I got to a weird intersection and drove for about 20m in the oncoming lane.

That was nearly 10 years ago now. Bad Good times.

He may not be versed in the details of the industry but he has a point. New games still coming out, they still look good. If you distill his argument down to the core point, he is basically claiming diminishing returns.

I'm inclined to agree.
This is the issue in a nutshell. To the average joe, dynamic lighting, tesselation, compute shaders and the rest are meaningless buzzwords that have at best a marginal effect on the games they play. You know all those people who have their PS3s and 360s hooked up with composite cables? They just want to game man.

Fusebox

Banned
Shanshan, have a couple of beers first to get your courage up! When you get in the car, put in your favourite driving CD and crank it up, the instructor won't mind.

Rezbit

Got it on my second time. I actually almost passed the first, but I was doing 50 in a 40 zone during school hours - auto fail. I was so nervous the first time as well. Second time I was still salty from my failure, so I wasn't nervous and just got in the car and got it done. Most of the instructors actually do want to pass you (although you do get some massive knobs). You'll be right, everyone gets there. A guy I went to high school with took over 20 tries!

Danoss

Motorcycle P test is very strict, for obvious reasons. The ride is easy as long as you don't make obvious mistakes. The obstacle course is a different beast altogether, screw it up just a little bit and you're done; it fails a lot of people.

I was one of only two people in my entire group to pass. The other guy was on a scooter which shouldn't count because they're ridiculously easy to navigate.

Gazunta

I failed my driving test tooooons of times. Turns out learning how to drive by playing Ridge Racer and Daytona USA every day leads to bad driving habits. WHO KNEW?

I'm pretty sure I only eventually passed because on my last try it was pissing down rain and the instructor just wanted it over with. I think I ended up just doing a reverse park and that was it. YAY QLD.

New topic! Office music playlists. Does your office have a radio / MP3 player that everyone listens to during the day? Do you mess with it? Do you add stuff to it?

Yagharek

I got my license first time, no dramas. I cant quite relate to people getting stressed about it so I have no advice to offer, only wishes of good luck for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom