• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Activision get a cut of, from Microsoft.

But there's no subscription

DLC all everywhere.
Expansion packs.
10 year vision for the franchise.
Money money money.

I expect a few spinoff games. Hopefully Raven can do a shooter side story too!

Also I will eat my hat if there isn't an RTS spinoff, on the assumption that the series sells really well over the next 5 years.

When was the last time Activision made an RTS? I guess you could count Blizzard but their own shit is bigger than Halo and would probably be bigger than this.

When was the last time Activision made an RTS? I guess you could count Blizzard but their own shit is bigger than Halo and would probably be bigger than this.
I would count Blizzard. They won't work on a spinoff though. More likely to get one of the COD map pack studios to do it. Plenty of ex-RTS developers getting about, GPG themselves just got snapped up.

Huge seamless MMO fps is exactly what I wanted.

This is pretty much a perfect game for my best mate. He pretty much only plays Halo too so Destiny will consume him.

It is pretty much the opposite situation for me sadly, will still pick it up and play in spurts though. Damn full time work and family.

I would count Blizzard. They won't work on a spinoff though. More likely to get one of the COD map pack studios to do it. Plenty of ex-RTS developers getting about, GPG themselves just got snapped up.

I'm not saying they couldn't, I'm saying they wouldn't. With Blizzard they already have the only RTS's that sell into their blockbuster business model and those mappack studios will make way more money for them by continuing to make mappacks than any RTS they would push out.

Wouldn't panic too much about small variations month to month inside the margin of error. I've forgotten his name, but the pollster that's always on The Drum has stated the difference is 46/54 lab/lib and hasn't really changed in a year. These polls are just media release bait.

You can tell how both leaders positions are pretty tenuous in their own parties by the image self-improvement campaigns that the other candidates are going through. Shorten and Albo are getting their teeth fixed, Hockey is losing weight again and the Rudd/Turnbull show forever goes on and on.

markot

Banned
Hockey is the worst.

Also, Australia won the cricket world cup.

But I didnt see a mention of it...

Oh wait, its women, you sexist pig dogs.

Women, who invented over arm bowling for you, because under arm bowling in cricket was so great!

#SPITS ON YOU!

Hockey is the worst.

Women, who invented over arm bowling for you, because under arm bowling in cricket was so great!

#SPITS ON YOU!

This feels weird. I agree with markot. Its ridiculous there's been so little coverage of the women's cricket team.

the ABC did have a radio broadcast of it....online and on a digital channel. Come on guys.

Yagharek

Bungie seem to be doing all they can do to copy Stargate.

All their games are sci fi epics based in space where the enemies and scenario is a direct and unsubtle allegory for an ancient Greek/Egyptian/Roman/delete where appropriate myth.

Their hubris has been intolerable since Halo 3's hype campaign.

Bungie seem to be doing all they can do to copy Stargate.

All their games are sci fi epics based in space where the enemies and scenario is a direct and unsubtle allegory for an ancient Greek/Egyptian/Roman/delete where appropriate myth.

Their hubris has been intolerable since Halo 3's hype campaign.

Their mythos has been overblown ever since Marathon to be honest, not really a new thing for them. Just the technology and available funds has scaled up to the point where they can go hammer and tongs at it.

Looking forward to space magic though!

Yagharek

$20 from Yags after he inevitably buys it and regrets it instantly.

Nope, I'm afraid I will be giving it a miss. Ive tried the demo dozens of times and it still won't click.

Their mythos has been overblown ever since Marathon to be honest, not really a new thing for them. Just the technology and available funds has scaled up to the point where they can go hammer and tongs at it.

Looking forward to space magic though!

The safest thing to look forward to is a mark halfway between zero and what they promise.

Stackboy

Hockey is the worst.

#SPITS ON YOU!

I thought you were talking about Ice Hockey for a second, the good one, but then I realized you weren't.

Heading to the States in a few weeks to see my niece and nephew, taking them to disneyworld and visit NASA, then heading to PAX East. Any requests?

jambo

"We didnt know how big Halo was going to be, and how can anything be bigger than Halo?"

My fucking god.

71bL2EY.jpg

Yagharek

I was going for the 'bigger than mickey mouse" example from the chipmunks cartoon, but searching for that was running the risk of wading through a dire swamp of CGI movie clips on youtube.

Hit 38 degrees here today, really strong northerly winds.

No fire ban today :/

Also looks like our friends farm between the Grampians is going to go up in flames.
The joys of living near Parks land! Such a bitch to try and protect land that outsiders aren't allowed to disturb.

What did you expect them to say?
"Yeah Halo was ok I guess. This could be alrightish"

The wording is up their own arse, how can anything be bigger than Halo? I dunno ask the developers of all the other games bigger than Halo. For such an obviously scripted video it just strikes the wrong notes.

Danoss

What did you expect them to say?
"Yeah Halo was ok I guess. This could be alrightish"

Of course, they should have said: "We don't think we can outdo ourselves, we created something far too awesome. But y'know, if we put our minds to it, we could have cured cancer. In the end, another video game about dudes shooting one another in space was higher on the list of priorities."

Dead Man

Wouldn't panic too much about small variations month to month inside the margin of error. I've forgotten his name, but the pollster that's always on The Drum has stated the difference is 46/54 lab/lib and hasn't really changed in a year. These polls are just media release bait.

You can tell how both leaders positions are pretty tenuous in their own parties by the image self-improvement campaigns that the other candidates are going through. Shorten and Albo are getting their teeth fixed, Hockey is losing weight again and the Rudd/Turnbull show forever goes on and on.
I'm not panicked, I resigned myself to Abbott as next PM about a year ago. Feels bad man.

Hockey is the worst.

#SPITS ON YOU!

It was on the front of the ABC site this morning. And yeah, if anyone can be worse than Abbott it is Hockey. The guy is an opportunist of the highest order. At least Abbott has convictions, even if they are hateful.

Would be bigger news if we lost, we dominate in the womens cricket.

This, too.

I've forgotten his name, but the pollster that's always on The Drum has stated the difference is 46/54 lab/lib and hasn't really changed in a year. These polls are just media release bait.

Antony Green in case anyone else is interested.

haha saw this on reddit yesterday. Normally the cameraman laughing would turn me off but it's just perfect in this and makes you like it even more.

isoquant

It was on the front of the ABC site this morning. And yeah, if anyone can be worse than Abbott it is Hockey. The guy is an opportunist of the highest order. At least Abbott has convictions, even if they are hateful.

I'm curious, why do you say this? The most common criticism you hear of the man is that he isn't smart enough, he doesn't care for details etc. The consensus among the press / his colleagues is that he is a pretty decent guy.

Also, re: Brandis - You can't be in love with Malcolm Turnbull and hate Brandis. They are cut from the same cloth.

The wording is up their own arse, how can anything be bigger than Halo? I dunno ask the developers of all the other games bigger than Halo. For such an obviously scripted video it just strikes the wrong notes.

Just by going multiplatform they will go bigger than Halo really, COD & GTA are bigger than Halo. Battlefield 3 ended up selling more than Halo 3 too once you combine 360/PS3 sales.

Dead Man

I'm curious, why do you say this? The most common criticism you hear of the man is that he isn't smart enough, he doesn't care for details etc. The consensus among the press / his colleagues is that he is a pretty decent guy.

Also, re: Brandis - You can't be in love with Malcolm Turnbull and hate Brandis. They are cut from the same cloth.

His public statements over the last few years have been pretty good, but back in the 90's and early 2000's he was just a vicious attack dog of a politician.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ughh. catching up on 2 missed days work.. with one hand is difficult. stupid wrist..

getting the stitches out tomorrow morning. huzzah.

p.s. gaz.. i totally thought that was a giant cubby house not a shed :(

This heat. It's 32 degrees in my BEDROOM. -_-

SOME ONE POST THE NEWBIE QUIZ.

I thought you were on it?

This heat. It's 32 degrees in my BEDROOM. -_-

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one cancelling all the fucking WiiU ports?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom