• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

p.s. gaz.. i totally thought that was a giant cubby house not a shed :(

Think of it as a giant cubby house that's been weatherproofed to all fuck and back.

Hey, Gazunta.

I KNOW RIGHT HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Please be Crackdown 3 PLEASE BE CRACKDOWN 3

Also, and this is important folks, POKER SMASH IS COMING TO PC IF YOU HELP THIS KICKSTARTER GET OVER THE LINE. GO GO GO GO POKER SMASH IS HNNNNGH I LOVE IT ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE CRACKDOWN

Skype calls or what? Do they use their own software? Should I call you taichou? What's going on? Who am I?
hehehe.

Its using a skype like software but with chat and powerpoints and whiteboards and wheeeeee.

Ah, right. Provided your laptop/PC also has an Ethernet port (and it probably should), then you just go and get the cable from any computer store. Just ask for an Ethernet cable (it's also called Category 5, or Cat-5 for short). It shouldn't cost more than $10 and will probably be a lot less.

In fact, you may have gotten one with your router. Check the box. Your router should be configured to enable the Ethernet ports by default, so connecting the cable and disabling your Wifi on the laptop should just work without any setup required.

Thanks Clipper :D $10 is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

Yagharek

Adds more value to a game if you want it to.

The problem is its not optional for those of us who dont want it. I know I achieved something when I beat super nashwan to win the Speedball 2 knockout cup 11-9. I dont need anything else to tell me, I dont need to prove it to anyone else either.

Think of it as a giant cubby house that's been weatherproofed to all fuck and back.

Also, and this is important folks, POKER SMASH IS COMING TO PC IF YOU HELP THIS KICKSTARTER GET OVER THE LINE. GO GO GO GO POKER SMASH IS HNNNNGH I LOVE IT ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE CRACKDOWN

Holy shit. Crackdown 3 as a Durango lanch title and I am on board Microsoft. Add new Alan Wake and I will conduct the hype train myself

Gazunta

The problem is its not optional for those of us who dont want it. I know I achieved something when I beat super nashwan to win the Speedball 2 knockout cup 11-9. I dont need anything else to tell me, I dont need to prove it to anyone else either.

Not that you need it, but fucking CONGRATS on beating Super Nashwan :)

Rezbit

There's no way it's 300 pounds unless people have been getting their hopes up about the potential power of the thing and it's really just equivalent to a modern pc.

Shaneus

Didn't realise there was a KS for it. Backed the fuck out of it.

PS. Pls vote Pinball Arcade on Greenlight.

PPS. Did you see the link for the demo/beta? FUCK ME SIDEWAYS FINALLY SPORKER SPMASH FINALLY ON PC!!! How much are you throwing in? Does it need a new thread?

There's no way it's 300 pounds unless people have been getting their hopes up about the potential power of the thing and it's really just equivalent to a modern pc.

From the leaks theres nothing really out there as far as costs go, depending how much customising the chips have which would only be a cost factor in the short term while production is ramping up.

No doubt they got pretty good deals from AMD aswell because AMD is probably dead without these next boxes all running their shit.

Kritz

Banned
Is that tommorrow night? Timezonezzzzzz

thursday at around 9am I think
but I ain't no doctor

also megadrive got started on the second official ausgaf chat bot. I'll help out eventually, probably. But hopefully we'll have something, and by we, I mean he, that works a bit better than my implementation.

... you know, a web interface for it would be kinda cool. /noScopeControl

Shaneus

They don't let you disable them. They let you disable the notifications. I'd like to not even have them, to be honest. I know if I have "achieved" something in a game, I don't need a complimentary pat on the head from Pavlov to tell me so.
The Thumbs guys had a (brief?) talk about this a while back, about how they were basically forced to put them in the XBLA version of TWD. And back when they did Wallace & Gromit, they had to include a high score table. IN AN ADVENTURE GAME. That rule's gone now, though.

Kritz

Banned
The Thumbs guys had a (brief?) talk about this a while back, about how they were basically forced to put them in the XBLA version of TWD. And back when they did Wallace & Gromit, they had to include a high score table. IN AN ADVENTURE GAME. That rule's gone now, though.

It was a crime against humanity that Journey was required to have a big ass text EULA online experiences may change bullshit thing at the start of their otherwise textless game.

No doubt they got pretty good deals from AMD aswell because AMD is probably dead without these next boxes all running their shit.
The AMD meetings with the platform holders would have been hilarious to be a part of.

Just AMD getting bent over the table. Twice.

Hopefully they can stick around long enough to completely outclass Nvidia cards again.

ALL Xbox 360 games require achievements. Which is basically a short list of milestones in a game.

Telltale are one of the worst offenders about not giving a fuck about cheevos, rather than turn a requirement into some kind of a positive they just make them the most boring thing possible. Fight the power, fuck the man, etc.

Who gives a fuck about options hey.

Awwww get fucked rockboy! Note that the 2 tracks in that list from the 90's are fantastic, fit in perfect with the best genre rock of that era. The rest is filler track shit.

Yagharek

ALL Xbox 360 games require achievements. Which is basically a short list of milestones in a game.

Telltale are one of the worst offenders about not giving a fuck about cheevos, rather than turn a requirement into some kind of a positive they just make them the most boring thing possible. Fight the power, fuck the man, etc.

Who gives a fuck about options hey.

Again, WHAT OPTIONS?! Everyone who doesn't want them has to put up with them ruining games and game design. They are just as bad as n64 era collectathons.

Omikron

Again, WHAT OPTIONS?! Everyone who doesn't want them has to put up with them ruining games and game design. They are just as bad as n64 era collectathons.
:/ turn of notifications and you never see them unless you go looking. As Fred said hours ago. I don't get the beef.

How? Developers just chuck them in at the last minute, have a bit of fun with what they link to and bam. Done.

Stuff like ranking up in MP games are much more instrumental in changing game design than cheevos.

You lucky fucker
I want to kill you so bad.
I hope we can still be friends, you guyz.

First time hearing their music, all sounds the same :/
That's fair enough. The video I linked was kind of a joke post. They did this thirty minute noise/drone thing, sounded ridiculous live. I wouldn't be surprised if the camera in that video broke.

Post of the year.

Ahhh, Playstation announcement tomorrow.

epSmS.gif

Stitches removed! All 10. I can just form a fist. But I can't squeeze at all and won't be able to lift or carry things with it for around 2 months :( arnie how's ur hand travelling?

eh
people say good but im not impressed
i cant bend the top joint so i cant really make a fist
i got the pins removed today and asked if i could take them home.
they are stupid long.

Bugger. Sorry to potentially disappoint everyone with shittiness on sale.

I don't even get what the question is. Are you asking if they have 1 total book for sale? Are you asking if their entire catalogue will be unavailable and you will only be able to buy that one book from them during that 15 minutes? If the FAQ didn't help you, here is their contact page.

i was asking if they had a total of 100 physical copies of books that they were putting on sale.

clearly it's some kind of online japanese webcam geisha.

is anyone else really excited for monsters university?

trailers all look great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODePHkWSg-U

where do i sign up
yeah im excited for monsters u
they need a good game for that system
har har har

Yagharek

How? Developers just chuck them in at the last minute, have a bit of fun with what they link to and bam. Done.

Stuff like ranking up in MP games are much more instrumental in changing game design than cheevos.

You say it's 'giving options' to include them and force those who dont want them to have them. When a system doesn't have them, people claim lack of options. Why does it only cut one way?

markot

Banned
Need examples of achievements ruining game design.

All ever?

Consider the following.

Achievements in Golden eye 007 on the 64. But we called them SECRETS!!!!!

You did things special and got stuff that was fun.

Now? You load the freaking game and get a 'yay for you 10pts!' message.

They are just the congealed stupidity of a young liberals gathering after a visit by John Howard.

Gazunta

Didn't realise there was a KS for it. Backed the fuck out of it.

PS. Pls vote Pinball Arcade on Greenlight.

PPS. Did you see the link for the demo/beta? FUCK ME SIDEWAYS FINALLY SPORKER SPMASH FINALLY ON PC!!! How much are you throwing in? Does it need a new thread?
Drew was kind enough to send me the beta version a few days ago, I didn't read the Kickstarter page that much. :)

I'd love it if there was a thread about it feel free to make one (I'm on iPad ATM and won't be near my PC for a few hours) :) Right now I'm if or the $37 tier (+$6 for postage) since I need another POKER SMASH T-shirt but I'm tempted to go in for the $200 tier if I tank the campaign needs help later on. Then again it's less than 24 hours since the campaign started and it's already 1/7th of the way there, so I think we'll be OK.

POKER SMASH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom