• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
Case in point.

(the point is that you'd sooner attack the style of writing than the contents of it)

(the point is in a discussion where you're the only one who has presented this unique point of view you dismiss everyone else trying to contribute and debate against it by saying that they didn't address whatever point you were making without attempting to clarify the point you feel we didn't address)

(the point is that you're being anti-discussion on a discussion board because you don't like that people disagree with you. You have a poorly founded opinion that people have again and again asked you to cite succinct, specific examples or give some content to your words and instead you respond with broad claims and spite in the name of pro-choice as if it's some fucking banner you can hide behind while claiming nobody else understands you)

Rezbit

Hey guys here's a picture

4aRZCaW.jpg

Fredescu

Watching ya'll arguing with Choc was more fun than this interminable quagmire

Choc could generally recognise when he was being irrational and back down. And then forget and be irrational about the same thing a week later, but that's beside the point. He was more the kind of guy to test out all these different controversial ideas and see if they sink or swim, rather than attaching himself to a particular idea and defending it to death (there were noteable exceptions of course, like his GAF bannings). I miss having Choc around. I'm kinda sick of Twitter at the moment so I'm not sure how he's going.

Stackboy

14 year old Stackboy would be happy as fuck to see grown up Stackboy living the dream. Lucky bugger!

If I could choose any snapshot of my life to my young self it would be right now. Great woman in my life, I know who I am, my job is great and I'm pushing myself. Plus I have a pretty great beard.

Dead Man

Choc could generally recognise when he was being irrational and back down. And then forget and be irrational about the same thing a week later, but that's beside the point. He was more the kind of guy to test out all these different controversial ideas and see if they sink or swim, rather than attaching himself to a particular idea and defending it to death (there were noteable exceptions of course, like his GAF bannings). I miss having Choc around. I'm kinda sick of Twitter at the moment so I'm not sure how he's going.

I thought I was the only one.

I'm kinda sick of Twitter at the moment so I'm not sure how he's going.
Choc is still an entertaining ball of rage. Although his tweeting isn't quite as far ranging as it used to be here.

Well shit, now I'm hungry again.

If I could choose any snapshot of my life to my young self it would be right now. Great woman in my life, I know who I am, my job is great and I'm pushing myself. Plus I have a pretty great beard.

Basically any situation can be improved by growing a beard. Certainly helped me!

Omikron

(the point is that you'd sooner attack the style of writing than the contents of it)

(the point is in a discussion where you're the only one who has presented this unique point of view you dismiss everyone else trying to contribute and debate against it by saying that they didn't address whatever point you were making without attempting to clarify the point you feel we didn't address)

(the point is that you're being anti-discussion on a discussion board because you don't like that people disagree with you. You have a poorly founded opinion that people have again and again asked you to cite succinct, specific examples or give some content to your words and instead you respond with broad claims and spite in the name of pro-choice as if it's some fucking banner you can hide behind while claiming nobody else understands you)

UChBMri.png

At first I thought the point was that Yag just didn't like being forced to have achievements on his account or whatever, but when I tried to ask him something about that he sidestepped and went on about the whole achievements affecting game design thing and whatever so I'm not even sure there is or ever was a point.

I demand white chocolate cookie, with macadamia & boysenberry bits.
And Mountain Dew.

EDIT: Ah shit, CHEETOS! That's what I was trying to think of.
Although I don't remember them being delicious.
Just, fucking messy to eat.

Kritz

Banned
so reptile is there anywhere you can buy crysis 3 for less than eighty dollars. Or will it be the first big budget game I don't buy because EA has a stranglehold on it with their useless overpriced origin bullshit?

The bits of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge that don't involve fighting bosses are pretty great. The combat is a lot of fun (though it felt like it might've been a tad more mash friendly and a bit less technically demanding than the previous two games) and it throws a lot of stuff at you to kill. The story's kinda stupid which wouldn't be a problem if the game wasn't so talky. Like, I think there was more conversation/exposition in this than the first two modern Ninja Gaiden games combined. Definitely worth a look if you're a fan of the series.

Three and a half goofy controller shaken breasts out of five

They're American Twisties, basically. I like them better, though. The cheese in Twisties leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

They have completely different textures though, which is the main reason I don't like Cheetos. Just too flaky and fluffy, while Twisties are fairly solid with a hard outer shell.

Everyone stop buying any beer on this list. :(

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/02/19/172323211/beer-map-two-giant-brewers-210-brands

Interesting they didn't include anything from Lion Nathan, though I suppose they're not anywhere near as big as the other guys.

They're American Twisties, basically.
Twisties are called Fonzies in Italy. But interestingly, the limited edition "Flamin' Hot" Twisties they brought out a few years back are the exact same thing as Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Weird.

Not Dirty Granny!!! Noooo.
EDIT: And Bulmers!?

EDIT: Ah shit, CHEETOS! That's what I was trying to think of.
Although I don't remember them being delicious.
Just, fucking messy to eat.
What were the ones that you could stick on your fingers and eat? They were friggen fantastic. Possibly even more messy than cheetos, but I think that was part of appeal.

You've reminded me that I need to take my bike to the shop for a carbie rejet. I can do routine maintenance and such, but I'm not touching a carbie, temperamental little things they are.
I swear you're just making up Australian sounding words now...

Oh goodie, so I might get to see it before work then. I'm guessing live streams will be better than GAF for watching it, as I assume heavy traffic will bring the site down.
Ooooh, and I get to read the highlights and meltdowns when I wake up!

I thought I was the only one.

Nah, I think we all miss Choc at heart.

Because they're all owned by the same two companies (or in the case of those Australian ones, by one company)?

What happened to Hoegaarden is the perfect example of what happens when a massive multinational buys you out. Being bought out isn't necessarily a bad thing, but since they're buying so many I don't imagine their quality is going to improve. At best it'll remain exactly the same, but it's usually unlikely.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Nvm forgot to refresh

Cheezles

I feel like playing a video game tonight.

I might tackle skyrim again

Or maybe ill finally play skyward swoird

But srsly guiyz, fuck waggle.

Nvm forgot to refresh

Cheezles

I feel like playing a video game tonight.

I might tackle skyrim again

Or maybe ill finally play skyward swoird

But srsly guiyz, fuck waggle.

Waggle implies mindless shaking, which is not the case with Skyward Sword's implementation of motion controls. SS is a great game.

With no achievements!

Thankfully.

The implementation of Medals completely ruined my enjoyment of Nintendo Land and almost made me sell the system immediately after I realised that they were there. Luckily Ninja Gaiden 3 and Batman Arkham City, having been stripped of their achievements, provided equilibrium.

Twisties are called Fonzies in Italy. But interestingly, the limited edition "Flamin' Hot" Twisties they brought out a few years back are the exact same thing as Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Weird.
Cheese Puffs are a damn big rabbithole of history and information!

Also I buy beer that tastes good.
I still think Matilda Bay beer has been fantastic since the take over.

Luckily Ninja Gaiden 3 and Batman Arkham City, having been stripped of their achievements, provided equilibrium.

Both games were originally designed with cheevos in mind though! So they are in the same boat as the 360/PS3 versions!

Rezbit

Because they're all owned by the same two companies (or in the case of those Australian ones, by one company)?

What happened to Hoegaarden is the perfect example of what happens when a massive multinational buys you out. Being bought out isn't necessarily a bad thing, but since they're buying so many I don't imagine their quality is going to improve. At best it'll remain exactly the same, but it's usually unlikely.

Can I come and drink your beer then?

Rezbit

Just saw our team for the first test in India. DANG we are going to get pumped! Moises Henriques, for real? Also I bet Pattinson gets injured.

Shaneus

Hey guys here's a picture

4aRZCaW.jpg
Pomeranians.

<3

I wish I could manage a beard :-|
What's that stuck to your face in your avatar then if it's not some crazy Master Shifu-inspired goatee?

Everyone stop buying any beer on this list. :(

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/02/19/172323211/beer-map-two-giant-brewers-210-brands

Interesting they didn't include anything from Lion Nathan, though I suppose they're not anywhere near as big as the other guys.
Fuckin' awesome, I don't touch any of that swill on that list.

PS. The equivalent of our Mars Bars in the states are called "Milky Way". How about that?

More of a Tasty Toobs man when I feel like being gross.
Are they Toobs? Because I only got into them a few years back, but tomatoey cheesy stuff is rad. I also like(d) Chickadees, Muncheros and Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.

Didn't see what was being referred to until now. Thanks for the earlier link!

I've been using the Large size for quite a while, as it was the only one I could see when I originally purchased them. They work, but they stick out of the ears a bit since they can't be inserted as far as they should without behaving like plugs instead of attenuating the sound. I'm glad there's a smaller size available. Sold.

Edit: I forgot to mention how good live music sounds with these in. Aside from protecting hearing, the music is so much clearer (also some magical reverb cancellation). I also have to stop friends from yelling in my ear at concerts because it's painful when they do, I can hear them fine if they just speak normally.
Yeah, I went through exactly the same purchase... phase. Once you get the smaller ones and can push them in more, you get a far greater seal. And the frequency reduction like you said, is perfect for live music. As I perpetually kept losing them I've been rocking just regular foamies the last couple of gigs and while they still do the job, they feel kinda weird and cut out too much of the frequencies you actually want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom