• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kritz! Free Crysis 3!

ALSO I HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING THEIR BUTTS READY! TWELVE MORE HOURS!
tumblr_mi0x5wE3Jv1s5o3aso10_1280.gif

tumblr_mi0x5wE3Jv1s5o3aso5_400.gif

New console coming? Pfff, I am playing FF7.

The next game I'll be playing on my Vita when I can be bothered to get around to it. Truly next gen hardware.

If iPads 5 through 11 count as "handhelds" you might still be safe.

I have an Android phone rather than an iOS device but the only games I've bought are Fruit Ninja (pretty cool for what it is) and Giana Sisters (unplayable port of a game I'd already beaten on DS). iOS has a few games but not a lot.

We've seen the future of iOS only game design in Final Fantasy: All the Bravest and if that's the future of handheld gaming I don't want a part of it. I'd give up buying new games before I acquiesced to that.

Fusebox

Banned
FF:AB is a joke. It's a high-visibility failure it isn't indicative of the future of iOS in any way.

Check out some good iOS games like The Room, Knights of Pen and Paper, Mage Gauntlet etc...

New console coming? Pfff, I am playing FF7.

http://www.twitch.tv/0mikr0n

Where are you up to now? I just
added Vincent to my party and made it through the mountains after the Shinra Mansion revisit.

Still loving the shit out of it too. I've got P4G sitting here still wrapped up waiting for me too but I'm not touching it till I finish FF.

Omikron

Where are you up to now? I just
added Vincent to my party and made it through the mountains after the Shinra Mansion revisit.

Still loving the shit out of it too. I've got P4G sitting here still wrapped up waiting for me too but I'm not touching it till I finish FF.

Just hit Corel. I am lagging behind it seems...

And yeah, I am really enjoying it.

At the very time of the PS4 announcement, I will be peeing into a cup, getting a blood test and a chest xray (I'm the king of awkward multitasking). If I'm really lucky, I might have a chance to watch a recorded stream around 3pm.

in other news, my old boss had a baby. Here's a pic.

VBaby2.jpg

tbh the achievements in the ff7 re-release do spoil the experience somewhat.

I remember when getting Limit Breaks or having characters join your team was reward enough in itself, but with these arbitrary achievements the game just isn't the same.

Thanfully you have the option to get the game without them on PSN. But that's the old 50hz version so it isn't really true choice at all. You either get a gimped game with no achievements or a game gimped by achievements. So much for the age of choice!

Omikron

I remember when getting Limit Breaks or having characters join your team was reward enough in itself, but with these arbitrary achievements the game just isn't the same.

Thanfully you have the option to get the game without them on PSN. But that's the old 50hz version so it isn't really true choice at all. You either get a gimped game with no achievements or a game gimped by achievements. So much for the age of choice!

TBH small price to pay for the improved musical clarity I gained from switching in some new oggs.

Axiom

My internet is slowed on the day the live Playstation 4 unveiling is happening. This is what I get for having to redownload the internet with a new computer.

Must find the best live blog...are live blogs still a thing?

I've been playing a 50hz gimped version?

(What's that even mean)

I remember being really proud of my Super Mario Kart time trial times, going online and having a crash course in just how fucking slowed down we were.

I knew, but I didn't REALLY know until I compared the track times.

They had entirely different sections for PAL Vs. NTSC times, and I also learned that all the fasted times were for Bowser.

I did have a top Toad time though...it just didn't mean much after learning all that shit.

I've been playing a 50hz gimped version?

(What's that even mean)

It means it's kinda slow and squished. Not unplayable, but inferior to the original JP/US releases. If it's not bothering you, don't worry about it. I played through the PS1 FFs that way and still rebought them on PSN.

Some elitist is telling you that you really haven't been enjoying yourself?

Yes, that's clearly what's happening, despite the fact that I made my statement independent of any knowledge of how Jintor was playing the game and having only ever played (and enjoyed!) the 50hz versions myself.

Is this the part where I stomp off and make a big production of leaving because people are having a go at me?

Danoss

Yes, that's clearly what's happening, despite the fact that I made my statement independent of any knowledge of how Jintor was playing the game and having only ever played (and enjoyed!) the 50hz versions myself.

Is this the part where I stomp off and make a big production of leaving because people are having a go at me?

Haha, I didn't even see your post. Mine was not serious at all.

Stomp off if you so wish.

Axiom

Shaneus

Hey Shaneus, what do they call Milky Ways in America then?
Three Musketeers. I think. Or something like that.

At the very time of the PS4 announcement, I will be peeing into a cup, getting a blood test and a chest xray (I'm the king of awkward multitasking). If I'm really lucky, I might have a chance to watch a recorded stream around 3pm.
OH I GET IT

(Good luck, with whatever it may be for, buddy <3)

Thanks guys. Tests are just part of the rigmarole to getting a US visa.

Though, if it helps, i fully expect sony to also take the piss when it comes to local pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom