• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

TA1IiiL.jpg

Danoss

Man I was shocked by that signing. I thought for sure the raiders would do everything they could to hold onto him.

I mean he's a 20 year old who showed the competition how to stop Gallen. The kid is a wrecking ball and will be a big player for the Eels now. Great signing

I wasn't too sure if it was going to happen, and I certainly had my doubts. Very happy if this kid keeps getting better at what he does. A wrecking ball is exactly what he is.

How were the Broncos in their trial today, it was today, right?

The Eels sounded good from all reports against the Panthers, especially given the conditions. It sounds like a bit of a niggle has crept into some players games, even Timmy Mannah was having a dig against Tim Grant. Matty Ryan went a bit too far and got sin binned for repeated offenses (a new thing, so I hear), but that's alright.

Sandow sounded like he was a lot more involved, making stuff happen. The young backs were apparently making Willie Tonga look like the old hack that he is. Morgan sounds much improved and Cheyse Blair's bone-rattling tackles were apparently even more bone-rattlier, knocking the ball loose on a number of occasions. Loko was playing in the back row and was carrying defenders with each run, and young Kelepi Tanginoa was living up to his reputation as a beast.

I'm not expecting miracles this season, but if these little improvements continue I will certainly be a much happier Eels fan.

I know most people here won't be too interested in the above, but I had to be excited about something. D&D today was fucking woeful.

Dead Man

So was Raiders of the lost ark edited for TV tonight? Seemed to have no conclusion to the fight scene with the german plane and the big guy.

jambo

So was Raiders of the lost ark edited for TV tonight? Seemed to have no conclusion to the fight scene with the german plane and the big guy.

A lot of the time they edit down films to fit in time slots or to remove certain extra gory scenes to fit the rating in the time slot.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
LAF fuck I'm so sorry. I pointed you away from your train station in the wrong direction. Fuckfuckfuck I'm so sorry :(
Lol, I was going in the right direction, but I probably didn't have to split off from you and arnie so early.;p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
2 Weeks left in my time off. I'm going to try and actually push through and finish a bunch of games from my backlog. So it actually looks like i'm buying them to play them instead of just buying them because they are cheap.

Games will be.

Syndicate - The shitty FPS one
Brutal Legend on PC
L.A Snore
Darksiders 2
Driver San Francisco
Hitman: Absolution
Rayman Origins
Spec Ops

I think that should do for now. I might write up a mini review for each one as I finish them. I'm sure it will mostly be about how shit the game was.

First game up will be L.A Noire. Will try and start that on Monday.

Driver: San Francisco and Spec Ops are interesting and short enough that they're both good places to start.

The moment-to-moment stuff might not be the best example of those types of games but it's serviceable.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Driver: San Francisco and Spec Ops are interesting and short enough that they're both good places to start.

The moment-to-moment stuff might not be the best example of those types of games but it's serviceable.

I've already played a bit of driver and found it to be way too repetitive which made it kinda dull. Like all the missions were just, chase that dude and well fuck it, bounce between cars and smash into him!! Repeat 4000 times.

So I will pretty much just be trying to force myself through that, who knows maybe it gets better.

Hey AusGAF, if you had 260 DVDs you wanted to sell on eBay for no reserve, what do you think is a realistic starting price (given I haven't even looked at DVDs on eBay for a while)? $50? $100?

Hey AusGAF, if you had 260 DVDs you wanted to sell on eBay for no reserve, what do you think is a realistic starting price (given I haven't even looked at DVDs on eBay for a while)? $50? $100?

Guess it depends what DVDs they are. Might be lucky to get somewhere between $50-$80. Though who really knows.

Ebay is a funny thing. I've wondered if it was worth putting up my Buffy and Angel comics or not.

Guess it depends what DVDs they are. Might be lucky to get somewhere between $50-$80. Though who really knows.

Ebay is a funny thing. I've wondered if it was worth putting up my Buffy and Angel comics or not.
Thanks. I just want to get rid of them really. Briefly considered just giving them to a local charity, but I like money, so we'll see how it goes.

Problem is, because there's so many (and I don't want to separate them because while I like money, I'm also lazy) shipping would be killer, so it's mostly pickup only.

Got to get about the Reds game with my press pass last night. Saw Robbie Deans in the elevator. Good times.

Edit: I was hanging out with some mates last night and the PS4 announcement came up.
These guys are pretty much your average mainstrea gamers. FIFA, Halo, Uncharted, Skyrim type guys. They mentioned the share button as one of the most laughable things they've seen.

They couldn't imagine anyone posting videos of their gaming exploits on Facebook. And the more I think about it, the more I agree. Obviously something like the Share button is important in a social-media world, but I can't imagine who is going to use it. Journalists and 15-year-old CoD players is about the extent of it's popularity. Or for hilarious failures.

The more I think about it, it seems like a required feature that no one will use

I was hanging out with some mates last night and the PS4 announcement came up.
These guys are pretty much your average mainstrea gamers. FIFA, Halo, Uncharted, Skyrim type guys. They mentioned the share button as one of the most laughable things they've seen.

They couldn't imagine anyone posting videos of their gaming exploits on Facebook. And the more I think about it, the more I agree. Obviously something like the Share button is important in a social-media world, but I can't imagine who is going to use it. Journalists and 15-year-old CoD players is about the extent of it's popularity. Or for hilarious failures.

The more I think about it, it seems like a required feature that no one will use

Answer to your imagining.

Streaming and Youtube videos are getting pretty big, this will pay off over the life of the console, not straight away.

Hell even Omi spends a fair bit of time streaming his gameplay sessions. Wario too.

Got to get about the Reds game with my press pass last night. Saw Robbie Deans in the elevator. Good times.

Press pass, Im jealous. Was a close game.

I was going to do the same thing a while back, I'd suggest selling them to a pawn broker or throw them up on gumtree. I rung around and found one that payed $1 a disc (most others were 50c). The other thing to consider is people off ebay will want a list, and that would take a while to write up 260 movies.

Edit: I was hanging out with some mates last night and the PS4 announcement came up.

Kinda funny you mention Halo, since it was pretty much the first console game where sharing videos of it actually became a thing.

Answer to your imagining.

Streaming and Youtube videos are getting pretty big, this will pay off over the life of the console, not straight away.

Hell even Omi spends a fair bit of time streaming his gameplay sessions. Wario too.

Kinda funny you mention Halo, since it was pretty much the first console game where sharing videos of it actually became a thing.

But that's what I mean. These are the type of standard, non-GAF lurking, games website reading gamer that make up the bulk of console buyers. And they couldn't have given less of a shit about it.

While I understand that's all the rage with the kids these days but I found the share the least useful thing about the PS4 event.

I spend large chunks of my youth in arcades, bored out of my brain since I had spent all of my money but unable to leave because my brother still had lots of coins left (and didn't get killed three times in a 30 seconds). As a result, I find nothing more boring than watching someone else play a videogame.

I was going to do the same thing a while back, I'd suggest selling them to a pawn broker or throw them up on gumtree. I rung around and found one that payed $1 a disc (most others were 50c). The other thing to consider is people off ebay will want a list, and that would take a while to write up 260 movies.
That's a great idea. I already photographed them and wrote out the list, and listed the auction, but I might do a ring around and if I can get a better price I'll just cancel the auction...

Ydahs

In the direction of Melbourne Airport, so around Keilor I think. That's the view from my house.

There were a couple of choppers and a lot of sirens heading in that direction. It's died down now.

Jintor

Damnit. Just lost, like, two hour's progress on FFVII in the very nearly final dungeon because they had to play around with fucking giving you an item to make a save point, but the item glitched out and didn't actually exist, so I ploughed onwards and nearly got to an actual save point and the fucking Vita PS1 emulator crashed. FML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom