• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

My Shure MX391/O boundary mic arrived today. While I wasn't expecting it to be a monster, I certainly wasn't expecting this.

viZ7HTE.jpg

It'll certainly reduce the bag space needed for the audio kit when travelling.

This was from a new place I thought I'd try (Stuff4Gigs), since most other places won't ship this item and a number of others to Australia. I ordered from them on Wednesday, they don't keep stock so have to order from their supplier. For it to be here in under a week considering that, I'm very impressed. Shit, most places over here couldn't be as quick even if they had stock on hand.

Blink 182 kinda sucked live, but the offspring were amazing and definitely my favourite act of the day. I'm glad I decided to see them over Metallica (where I hear some people lit up flares and burnt other audience members). The rain was so so welcome on an otherwise scorching day. I also gained a unique insight into the realities of being a chain smoker. I swear between the heat, the drunken bros, some girl in a sombrero that was simultaneously blocking my view and hitting me in the eye, and everyone lighting up next to me all day, I was this close to going postal. I really think they should consider putting in a smoking section or something, because there really was no escape and i had a lot of trouble breathing. But it was definitely a fun day overall ^^ Linkin Park played their old (good) stuff, and actually stopped everything because they saw someone was hurt in the mosh. Everyone is looking old now though, especially the offspring. Felt weird.

shanshanked
Haha. I love it.
I'd say that remark is more racist than his was. LOL.

I live in the Fern and I rate it highly. Don't believe the hype.
I've heard some horror stories from my rellies on the block, but it does seem to be getting more upmarket recently.

My comment had no racial element at all>< they were scary bogans! That was all!

Nah, I played that years ago. Might play Valkyria chronicles, or might just read a book or something... or watch some anime... dunno.
Whaaaat!!!! You haven't played it yet??? You'll love it. Do it.

I also gained a unique insight into the realities of being a chain smoker. I swear between the heat, the drunken bros, some girl in a sombrero that was simultaneously blocking my view and hitting me in the eye, and everyone lighting up next to me all day, I was this close to going postal.

You sound tense, you should have a cigarette.

teekun

Linkin Park formed over 15 years ago, Blink over 20 years ago and The Offspring almost 30 years ago.

Dexter Holland will be 50 in a few years =P

Shit, thanks for reminding me I saw the Offspring live for the first time almost 20 years ago.

i think about everything at all times
You and me both :p just apply ~ if you've got any reservations you can always pull out later. It seems like it's something you really wanna do though! Sometimes you gotta stop thinking or you'll end up missing out, or missing the deadline :p
Linkin Park formed over 15 years ago, Blink over 20 years ago and The Offspring almost 30 years ago.

Dexter Holland will be 50 in a few years =P
He really looked it. They still kicked ass but it was a little strange to see them all singing really youthful songs. Even sum 41 was looking pretty haggard, though I guess they've been around a good while too. I don't like it. :s

You sound tense, you should have a cigarette.
*flips a table* fuuuuuuuu

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Blink 182 kinda sucked live, but the offspring were amazing and definitely my favourite act of the day. I'm glad I decided to see them over Metallica (where I hear some people lit up flares and burnt other audience members). The rain was so so welcome on an otherwise scorching day. I also gained a unique insight into the realities of being a chain smoker. I swear between the heat, the drunken bros, some girl in a sombrero that was simultaneously blocking my view and hitting me in the eye, and everyone lighting up next to me all day, I was this close to going postal. I really think they should consider putting in a smoking section or something, because there really was no escape and i had a lot of trouble breathing. But it was definitely a fun day overall ^^ Linkin Park played their old (good) stuff, and actually stopped everything because they saw someone was hurt in the mosh. Everyone is looking old now though, especially the offspring. Felt weird.

You mean to say, You didn't go and watch. Killswitch engage, Periphery, APC, Puscifer, Slayer, Ghost, The Sword ?

Dammit shan! Sounds like a bad soundwave then ;)

Mates went to their side show and they said they were good. Though with that said I think they'd had a few
dozen
drinks beforehand. I've seen a few offspring gigs on YouTube, would have been great. Now I'm kind of regretting not going, I hope your happy.

Omni

I know this is completely offtopic, but just curious. Does anyone here know how much it costs to get a mole removed from your face? Wouldn't be more than $1000, right? Doctor won't do it because of its location and I've been on an outpatient list to get it done for a year now... It's come to the point where I just want to get it done privately or whatever haha.

Deeku

I know this is completely offtopic, but just curious. Does anyone here know how much it costs to get a mole removed from your face? Wouldn't be more than $1000, right? Doctor won't do it because of its location and I've been on an outpatient list to get it done for a year now... It's come to the point where I just want to get it done privately or whatever haha.
like, a big mole or what? i've had a few little dot moles laser'd at a cosmetic skin place. don't remember how much exactly but pretty sure it was less than 1k. you can also claim it if you have private health.

Omni

like, a big mole or what? i've had a few little dot moles laser'd at a cosmetic skin place. don't remember how much exactly but pretty sure it was less than 1k. you can also claim it if you have private health.

It's pretty big (like 4mm maybe?). Probably need to have it cut out... Just wondering if my savings will be enough. Never had something like it done before haha.

oooh an aussie thread
(too bad I live in a shittier part of the country and I don't even like beaches jfc)

edit: oh right, new member thing. Name's Jayde. I like Bayonetta and capsule, and I'm
probably younger than all of you

Dead Man

I'd be surprised if it was that much. But maybe try a different GP? I had two moles removed from my back many moons ago, about that size I think, went in to the gp, local anaesthetic and some stitches which she took out a week later. Bulk billed. Face does make it tricky, but it's probably worth doctor shopping.

I like it, but Ironmans suit out of nowhere is starting to piss me off with its lack of conservation of mass.

WHERE DO YOU GET OFF DOUBTING TONY STARK???? HE INVENTED A 2 MILLION DOLLAR ANTI GRAVITY WHEEL CHAIR BECAUSE HE COULDN'T BE ARSED USING HIS ARMS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???

My Shure MX391/O boundary mic arrived today. While I wasn't expecting it to be a monster, I certainly wasn't expecting this.

viZ7HTE.jpg

It'll certainly reduce the bag space needed for the audio kit when travelling.

This was from a new place I thought I'd try (Stuff4Gigs), since most other places won't ship this item and a number of others to Australia. I ordered from them on Wednesday, they don't keep stock so have to order from their supplier. For it to be here in under a week considering that, I'm very impressed. Shit, most places over here couldn't be as quick even if they had stock on hand.

What are you using it for?

YO DEAFMUTES
that was a pretty shitty ban on shaneus.
its clearly a quote from a movie with a relevant topic to the thread it was posted in.
i miss ec

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wasn't my ban.

Shama twist!

So LA Noire has been interesting so far. I can see why everyone complained or at least talked about the aggressiveness of the main character when questioning people.

That dude really is a giant asshole. So I'm surprised they actually went with that style of character.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Man my new manbag is so AWESOME. Today it managed to carry - my kindle + two paperbacks, notepad + pens, my karate suit + a bottle of water, and 4 DVDs I picked up from the library! and I could carry it all without putting it on my back.

Can't believe I was living w/o one beforehand. I also kind of love how gender-neutral they are. I see cute hipster chicks using them all the time! ;o

Eeeh, don't sweat it. Stark's a drunk, a womanizer, once killed a diplomat, lost the very company he built and was pro superhero registration during Civil War. Frickin' asshole, he is.

Edit- I hope that's just the puppy's tail that I can see.

I also kind of love how gender-neutral they are. I see cute hipster chicks using them all the time! ;o
Psssst... just because you see a a lot of chicks using something you're using doesn't necessarily make it gender neutral. I found that out the hard way with those culottes I was sporting.

Scotch! Had a delightful gift from our dear friend Danoss as a wedding gift.

20130225_1952345odwq.jpg

I didn't have any kind of proper scotch glass so a tasting glass was a great idea! The scotch itself is quite fantastic. Very smooth and rich, no hint of spices just a creamy rise of warmth through the mouth. Smells surprisingly alluring even at such a high alcohol content! Had a few mouthfuls neat before adding room temp water about a teaspoon of water. Took out some of the all encompassing heat while making the fruitiness open up, really fucking good!

I might have to start hitting up that dealer for special occasions Danoss! I'll make sure to document any samples here of course.

New BMTH album is disappointing. The sound of a band that doesn't know what it wants to do, other than sound esoteric and hip. After their last album was the sign of a band finding their own sound, albeit again being slightly too esoteric while still holding a strong focus for the most part, it really sucks that most of the album sounds like half baked filler. A few good ideas pop up but are shortlived. Their fantastic second album was one of the flag bearers for the NWoMC, the music served the lyrics and vocal delivery like a glove. Alas, it was not to be. :(

Thankfully the Atoms for Peace album is flat out amazing. Not unexpected. Make sure you have it in your gut right meow.

Anyone watching the Oscars? Because that attempted joke these two presenters just tried was incredibly bad.
Wasn't there a drug joke? While Joaquin Phoenix was in the room?

Citizenship ceremony next month. Took them long enough!
Congrats! Make sure you scull a pint of VB on stage!

Blink 182 kinda sucked live, but the offspring were amazing and definitely my favourite act of the day.
Blink 182 were always known for their sloppy playing, not like they are well respected for their actual playing or anything, they write catchy pop punk tunes!

Offspring have a stronger punk background before they jump on the pop punk bandwagon so at least they can fall back on that.

Offspring back in 2003 (Conspiracy of One tour?) would have been my first concert, my best mate who lived in Geelong even bought tickets. But then my Dad told me he didn't want me to go. So fucking angry :/

STILL so fucking angry about that :/

Even sum 41 was looking pretty haggard, though I guess they've been around a good while too. I don't like it. :s
Sum 41 getting pretty old too!

Hard luck when your wife dumps you for the paddle pop lion too :/

You mean to say, You didn't go and watch. Killswitch engage, Periphery, APC, Puscifer, Slayer, Ghost, The Sword ?
A Perfect Circle would be godly to see.

GODLY.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Where you go man!

/shittyfuckingsearchfunctionainthelpingexplain

EDIT: Twitter saves the day!

I like it, but Ironmans suit out of nowhere is starting to piss me off with its lack of conservation of mass.
Yup, suitcase suit was frucking mindblowingly stupid.

So LA Noire has been interesting so far. I can see why everyone complained or at least talked about the aggressiveness of the main character when questioning people.

That dude really is a giant asshole. So I'm surprised they actually went with that style of character.
I enjoyed the first 3-4 hours of LA Noire. Then it is just the same thing over and over and over.

Also the plot is terrible at points, several points are wrapped up in a terrible fashion that destroys any believable character development and reminds you that you are playing a game where the story wasn't the priority, in terms of time and effort.

I hope that's just the puppy's tail that I can see.
Despair boner.

He is smiling on the inside so hard.

Man my new manbag is so AWESOME. Today it managed to carry - my kindle + two paperbacks, notepad + pens, my karate suit + a bottle of water, and 4 DVDs I picked up from the library! and I could carry it all without putting it on my back.

Can't believe I was living w/o one beforehand. I also kind of love how gender-neutral they are. I see cute hipster chicks using them all the time! ;o
Is it like a satchel or something?

I have a small, light mailbag-esque thing that Deakin handed out a few years back during O'Week. Works fucking great!

Shama twist!

I enjoyed the game. But its the type of thing that probably could be built on for a sequel. The ideas were good like the investigation and interrogation. But it all seemed pretty pointless investigating a serial killer when you were shooting people all over LA.

Kritz

Banned
gaaaaahh, UTAS's site has been loading like dogshit all day.

On the plus side, and something nobody but me will appreciate, my lecturer for Artificial Intelligence is awesome. He puts Simpsons clips in every slide that tie into what he's saying. Or, failing that, he just plays some Simpsons clips. (yes, the good seasons of The Simpsons)

Danoss

The scotch itself is quite fantastic. Very smooth and rich, no hint of spices just a creamy rise of warmth through the mouth. Smells surprisingly alluring even at such a high alcohol content! Had a few mouthfuls neat before adding room temp water about a teaspoon of water. Took out some of the all encompassing heat while making the fruitiness open up, really fucking good!

I might have to start hitting up that dealer for special occasions Danoss! I'll make sure to document any samples here of course.

Sounds wonderful, I'll have to try that and others (especially Ben Nevis, been wanting to try some for ages) at some stage. They have a decent collection there, and single cask bottlings are always exciting!

A Perfect Circle would be godly to see.

GODLY.

They are, I assure you. I saw them last time they were out here doing individual shows and loved it.

Security were a bit too gung-ho about stopping photos from being taken, people were being ripped from the crowd if they were caught and people were dobbing others in too. I believe this was requested by the band. It was the only problem I had with an otherwise very enjoyable show.

Omni

gaaaaahh, UTAS's site has been loading like dogshit all day.

On the plus side, and something nobody but me will appreciate, my lecturer for Artificial Intelligence is awesome. He puts Simpsons clips in every slide that tie into what he's saying. Or, failing that, he just plays some Simpsons clips. (yes, the good seasons of The Simpsons)

You go to UTAS? Me too! haha. MyLO is such crap... worse than the old version even :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom